Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are These Plugs In Boot For?

yunii

i know one of them is for 12v power

IMAG0688_zpsdc95855b.jpg

IMAG0689_zps5f1bf797.jpg

the top black and orange is to add an extra 12v socket in the boot the other two ive no idea mate

Possibly tow bar electrics hook up ?

Could also be rear parking cable , along with as above 12v aux power and towing linkage

it might not be for the 12v as you have the titanium

i know gforce n i dont have the 12v wire cause and gforce had to tap into a different 12v source when fitting a socket in the boot

see the last few pages of lennys guide to fitting additional 12v supply in the boot for the comments

Theyre all for tow bar electrics IIRC

this is what mine is like and its not for a 12v supply

2012-08-25182021.jpg

this is what mine is like and its not for a 12v supply

2012-08-25182021.jpg

Thats how mine was before I unwrapped from loom

have a read from about half way down page 4

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29774-guide-additional-12v-power-socket-in-boot-focus-mk25/page-4

basically lower spec models have different wiring to higher spec models

its because lower spec models came in estate versions, the estate came with a 12v socket in the boot, and because ford are lazy with the wiring, the estate and hatchback lower spec models shared the same wiring, which is why lower spec hatchbacks will have the 12v source in the boot

the higher spec models such as the ghia and titanium shares the same wiring as the st, the st never came in an estate so the st didnt have a 12v socket in the boot

this is why higher spec models like the titanium and ghia will have some wiring in place esp off switch n xenons etc but sadly no 12vv supply in the boot

Charlie has covered my hypothesis on it...makes sense to me anyway! Mind you, I think (maybe on that guide thread, I didn't re-read it) an RS owner fitted the boot socket and had the 12V live plug back there. I asked him for a pic and noticed that the two big plugs were being used on his and are for OEM parking sensors.

By the way, I think the orange one is your 12V, me and Charlie didn't have this so maybe it's another one of Ford's quirks or else was installed on later Mk2s and facelift models, but I did have the black one but it might be an earth of some sort as I tried using it for my 12V feed, in case it was just different coloured, but it didn't work. I ended up tapping into the 12V live on the front socket.

And I think towbar electrics are on the other side of the boot maybe?

Yunii's wiring is the same as my Mk2.5 1.6Tdci Titanium.

The orange wire is 12v permanent live and runs off fuse 119 (20amp).

Do not use the single black shrouded connector (Brown/Blue wire) for the earth of a 12v Aux socket; it connects to the factory (I think these are made by X-Vision) reverse sensor module (if fitted) so that the reverse sensors are disabled when a trailer/caravan is connected (you wouldn't the reverse sensors beeping away when they detect the trailer/caravan). The other two multi-point connectors are also for the factory fit reverse sensor module.

I added a 12 Aux socket in my boot by using a short extension to the orange connector using some 25amp cable and an eyelet tag direct to the body for the earth; see Lenny's excellent guide for details on how to this.

The tow bar electric tapping connector is clipped to body (it has a waterproof cover on it) just behind the off-side rear wheel arch under the car; look under the rear by the grommet where rear fog light wiring enters the car.

Hope that helps.

Yunii's wiring is the same as my Mk2.5 1.6Tdci Titanium.

The orange wire is 12v permanent live and runs off fuse 119 (20amp).

Do not use the single black shrouded connector (Brown/Blue wire) for the earth of a 12v Aux socket; it connects to the factory (I think these are made by X-Vision) reverse sensor module (if fitted) so that the reverse sensors are disabled when a trailer/caravan is connected (you wouldn't the reverse sensors beeping away when they detect the trailer/caravan). The other two multi-point connectors are also for the factory fit reverse sensor module.

I added a 12 Aux socket in my boot by using a short extension to the orange connector using some 25amp cable and an eyelet tag direct to the body for the earth; see Lenny's excellent guide for details on how to this.

The tow bar electric tapping connector is clipped to body (it has a waterproof cover on it) just behind the off-side rear wheel arch under the car; look under the rear by the grommet where rear fog light wiring enters the car.

Hope that helps.

cheers buddy,

where did you get earth feed from?

yunii

If you put a small ring crimp from the earth pin on the socket and then put it around the panel screw between the panel and bodywork when you put the screw back in you get a good solid earth.

earthlocation.jpg

ringcrimp.jpg

Will there be a fuse missing for this?

& if so which number?

Yunii

It will either run off fuse 109 (20A) which is the front and auxiliary power sockets inside the console or if still no power it will be fuse 119 (25A) which is listed as for trailer tow module and luggage compartment auxiliary power socket.