Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Driving Roads

Philf1

This topic might have been started elsewhere but thought I would ask anyway.

Which stretch of road do you think is the best driving road? I fancy going for a few odd days out for a (legal) blast. My first nomination would be the A672 over the top of the pennines.

A75 an A76 basically the road from the M6 through Dumfries to ayrshire

I love the A68 towards Kielder in Northumberland. Not really twisty at all, but the amount of 60mph blind summits are stomach churningly awesome :D

I used to love the A57 Snake Pass when I had my transit. Last couple of times in the Focus, I have been unlucky to get stuck behind 'grandpa' and had too much oncoming traffic.

There are some nice roads just north of the River Wyre - provided you don't get stuck behind Mable and George doing 20 on a straight, dry road with nothing worse than a gentle left hander a mile ahead...

Used a quarter of a tank getting to Lancaster and back at the weekend :-P

Was worth it...

Cat n Fiddle Macclesfield - Buxton road.

Nuff said

Some great suggestions guys,been researching and think me and son are going to North Wales on Saturday, gonna do the Evo triangle and Ffestiniog to Bala B4391. Looks like about 50 miles of mountain roads twisting and climbing.

Will post back what its like.

I love most of the roads up in scotland, I have been up to Edinburgh a few times, and just love driving above the english border...

I love most of the roads up in scotland, I have been up to Edinburgh a few times, and just love driving above the english border...

+1 - There are a lot of good driving roads in the highlands and the west coast, often pre - production cars are tested / car magazines do road tests on these remote roads

If anyone goes a drive up the West coast of scotland pop in and say hi :) I stay in ardrossan and theres plenty of cracking roads to drive up here

• Like 1

Been a while since I have been your way (6 years!) and its a shame that I likely wont be able to reach that way for another 6!

Some cracking views up here aswel

Any road that isn't in Devon or Cornwall, they're all atrocious here. ;)

M6 southband at about 4am in the morning when its empty :D

If anyone goes a drive up the West coast of scotland pop in and say hi :) I stay in ardrossan and theres plenty of cracking roads to drive up here

Is that near Ardnemurchan???

Im sure ive been through there wen I stayed in a cottage in Strontian

Sections of the military road in the Isle of Wight are fantastic!!

id sat the A66. the first time i drove on the A66 was when i was going to the lake district with my mum in the passanger seat, sister and cousin in the back seat and a boot full of indian musical instruments in our old 'W' reg 2.0 focus. the 2nd time was in my forfour and at dark it was scary as the head lights are pi22 poor.

Is that near Ardnemurchan???

Im sure ive been through there wen I stayed in a cottage in Strontian

No its miles away lol you might have gone through ardrossan to get there though

Well guys me and son went to North Wales on Saturday, had a great day. Just keepan eye out for the rozzers!

This is the route we followed;

Bala towards Ffestiniog on the old road B4391, then right onto B4407 to Pentrefoelas. These roads are awesome, hardly any traffic and great views.

Short drive on A5 then A543 towards Blychau but take a right after about 8 miles onto B4501 to Cerrigydrudion. This is the Evo triangle named because Evo magazine test drive here.

Will upload some video later

Some great suggestions guys,been researching and think me and son are going to North Wales on Saturday, gonna do the Evo triangle and Ffestiniog to Bala B4391. Looks like about 50 miles of mountain roads twisting and climbing.

Will post back what its like.

That´s a good choice. I always liked mountain driving.

thumb-ferrari-599-img031.jpg

A44 near aber would be class in the dry and not on a half term!

• 2 weeks later...