Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Car Radio/ipod???

ITFC Fiesta S

hello i have a fiesta s 09 plate and im just wondering if i can control the music with the steering wheel as its really annoying having to use the phone. i have the voice rec and aux but no USB port. should i install a usb port will that help ?

thanks

sorry new how do i delete the last one?

ok thanks, any ideas on my post?

If you dont have USB i suppose you dont have bluetooth either, but if you do then you can control your music when you are streaming music via bluetooth, which works well.

Other than that you will need to install the USB option and then get the cable which connects to the USB and AUX and it works perfectly.

Ken

i have the bluetooth but i cant sync the music only phone calls, i have the aux slot next to handbrake but not usb, do you know where i can get the stuff, can it connect straight into my module?

you should still be able to stream via bluetooth *i think. Ah but i guess you are using an ipod rather than an iPhone which would not have bluetooth.

i dont know where you can get the module but im sure someone will, i know it goes behind the glovebox and a cable runs from from there to the USB port. once youve got all the parts its a simple DIY.

Ken

I thought the USB slot was for charging ipods/iphones? or for playing music via a memory stick. To play music through my iPhone i have to connect it through a aux lead to the aux point, however doing it this way doesnt allow me to use the stearing wheel mounted controls to change the song only the volume. Or i use the cars and phones bluetooth (which doesnt work properly since updating my iPhone software)

The aux input is just a dumb input so it just plays what it receives with no control apart from volume from the car. if you connect to USB as well then it turns into a proper ipod control and you can browse your albums and playlists etc through the car controls and see them on your screen.

You can also play things from a USB stick when plugged into the USB port

well ive learnt something new today :) thanks ken

Yeah ive seen them before, would have to find one with a lightening connector though to fit the iPhone 5

doesnt the cr already have the USB?

Just to clear up some confusion from the posts above:

• If you only have Bluetooth/aux (ie no USB) you cannot stream music, it can only be used for voice calls
  • If you have USB you can plug an iPod in to USB only (ie it doesn't need aux) and play songs through that
  • If you have bluetooth & USB you should be able to stream music via bluetooth

so if i only have the aux and bluetooth what do i need? can i just buy the cable that connects to my module? or do i need a whole new one and then update the system?

module

will this work? i currently have this module and and has a spare slot for the mini usb connector ?

will this work? i currently have this module and and has a spare slot for the mini usb connector ?

No the mini-USB connector on that module is only for firmware updates by a Ford dealer.

You would need a module with a part number from the 2nd table for USB:

bluetoothmodules.png

so i have managed to find one from a scarp yard, this has the 19c112 in the name. will have to simply have to replace the module and get the cable then get the cable connector that leads from there to the port next to hand brake?

so i have managed to find one from a scarp yard, this has the 19c112 in the name. will have to simply have to replace the module and get the cable then get the cable connector that leads from there to the port next to hand brake?

...and get it activated by someone with a Ford VCM + IDS software (all Ford dealers have them [though most aren't willing to use it for you] and some independent mechanics will carry them)

ok awesome, so many topics about this issue haha. someone needs to make a guide on this and will make it so much easier

Hi Guys,

Newbie Question on the same topic, i only have Aux, no bluetooth, can i do the same thing if i purchase a module / cabling?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Newbie Question on the same topic, i only have Aux, no bluetooth, can i do the same thing if i purchase a module / cabling?

Thanks

Would also need new stereo, screen, indicator stalk with voice control button, interior light with microphone, etc

Would also need new stereo, screen, indicator stalk with voice control button, interior light with microphone, etc

Hi, So its not particularly worth while doing?

Just wondering as my fiat had USB/Bluetooth and it was great..

If i was to go ahead, how easy is it to source the parts and fit them? and around what cost?

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club