Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light- Changed Bulb Now Not Working :(

trikidy

My interior light was fine, but I wanted to upgrade it to the LED white bulb ones.

I popped the thing off, took the bulb out and then put the new one in. It didn't work so I tried swapping it round (+ and -). While I was doing this it did spark a bit at me, very lightly.

Now it doesn't work! Tried putting other bulb back in but that doesn't work now!

If it's not broke don't fix it...but now it is broke and I wonder if I have blown a fuse for it? Cigarette and radio still working fine.

Ideas the lovely Ford Forum?!

Thank you!

The horn doesn't work so must be a fuse...now to find out where the fuses are...

• Like 1

Check your horn mate, I'm pretty sure it shares a fuse with your interior light :-)

• Like 1

Lol you sussed it out before me... If its a mk6 then open your glove box and squeeze in both sides and it will open wider, your fuse box is situated behind it.

• Like 1

Had to take the glovebox out as couldnt get it to open wider, change of the 15a fuse and bobs my uncle!

All working now!

Cheers :)

• Like 1

No worries mate glad to hear its all sorted.

For some reason all Fords dislike having the courtesy light fiddled with.

I've blown loads of fuses fiddling with my light.

Should have learned by now I suppose ;)

• Like 1

I changed mine no problem must have the magic touch ;)

I changed mine no problem must have the magic touch ;)

Git

• Like 1

I just destroyed the interior light itself somehow on my previous Fiesta, fuses were fine, just the light never worked again. Not a clue why...

Still, I'm gonna give the new one a go and if that stops working then I have a spare :P

Mine did exactly the same thing david , it still isn't working now haha god knows why

Mine did exactly the same thing david , it still isn't working now haha god knows why

Did the switch fall out? Apparently that's what killed mine after asking my dad.

The circuit strips bend very easily, it wouldn't take much to snap one or cause it to short across to others.

Going back [mumbles] years I'd say they were front sidelight bulbs - but given I've only just got back into Fords after an 8 years break and a classic MGB, they could be anything. Certainly look the right size, but I had an inkling Ford changed to push in rather than bayonet some years ago.
Of course, if you had a 1966 Morris Oxford they'd fit.....

Haha it is not the sidelights, they are the same size but have a flat end instead of a curve- I think!

Did the switch fall out? Apparently that's what killed mine after asking my dad.

Yes i think it probably did but im not sure, im getting it sorted soon anyway cant do without an interior light in winter lol

• 1 month later...

How do you change the interior light bulb? I've ordered a xenon look one for my Fiesta, just wondering how to change it? E.g how to take it off etc. Also, is it likely mu fuse will need changing? Thanks

• 1 year later...

I just destroyed the interior light itself somehow on my previous Fiesta, fuses were fine, just the light never worked again. Not a clue why...

Still, I'm gonna give the new one a go and if that stops working then I have a spare :P

just had the same problem with mine. Me and my colleague discovered that the switch wasn't quite touching the terminals to complete the circuit. Take the switch out and squeeze the ends together so that they connect. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
On Thu May 23 2013 at 4:20 PM, trikidy said:

My interior light was fine, but I wanted to upgrade it to the LED white bulb ones.

I popped the thing off, took the bulb out and then put the new one in. It didn't work so I tried swapping it round (+ and -). While I was doing this it did spark a bit at me, very lightly.

Now it doesn't work! Tried putting other bulb back in but that doesn't work now!

If it's not broke don't fix it...but now it is broke and I wonder if I have blown a fuse for it? Cigarette and radio still working fine.

Ideas the lovely Ford Forum?!

Thank you!

My interior light doesn't work so looked in the fuse box found which one it is went to replace it and everytime i go to put a new fuse in it sparks anyone got any idea.

Must be a crossed wire or a short somewhere.

Check that there's nothing touching in the bulb holder.

I would remove the bulb then put the fuse in, if it still sparks then there's a crossover somewhere.

• 2 years later...

Same thing happened to me. 

Changed the bulb for LED 1 and the fuse had blown. After I read about the horn linked the interior light, I tried to use it and no go.

So I changed the fuse for a 20A and the circuit did the magic!!

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

The interior light in my mk 6 ST (07 plate) doesn't work. I have checked the bulbs and all the filaments are OK. Checked the fuses, nothing seems to be wrong. I checked the user handbook and there was no fuse explicitly for the interior light, but someone suggested there may be a fuse missing although I can't see where it should go and which fuse is needed. 

Would like to upgrade to LED but have no hope if it's not working in the first place. 

Any suggestions? 

Cheers 

Sean 

I would definitely look for a blown fuse.
For some reason Ford courtesy lights are very sensitive to power spikes if the bulb is removed / fitted.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk