• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaz RS

• Jojofish99

• philiprbrown

• spiceytitanium

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joe, please download this and read the read me, it mat be that you need to install dll and drivers. It also contains an earlier version of elmconfig

Focus ST ELM Config.zip

OK cheers mate, I'll have a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Gaz/Joe

I modded my cable on Friday and tried but experienced the same problem as Joe (wouldn't write to the SRM).

I wanted to rule out any 'wiring' problems before raising an issue which I did last night (there were none that I could see). However on seeing the latest posts I have this morning followed the instructions on the download and it I have now updated the SRM successfully.

Couple of points though,

- I am using a 64 bit o/s and copied the files directly to the directory in the READ ME file. However one of the files would not copy or move (msbvm60.dll). This now appears not to be a problem for the SRM activation.

- There was no BT/VC Low option in the SRM config menu. I chose bluetooth & USB. This also appears not to be a problem.

- Make sure voice control is ticked in the HEC Configuration Page 1 tab.

When tested the SRM appeared to be working fine albeit you follow these tips at your own risk as I now have another more serious problem that I wonder if Gaz can help with.

When in the HEC module, I was able to read configuration page 1 & 2 fine. I tried page 3 and it gave some warning dialogues which I saw when playing with the software on Friday that did not cause any problem and allowed me to read the settings. However today when I progressed through the warnings I have now lost all HEC function on the dashboard and the software will not communicate (states no data). Other modules can still be read fine so presuming this is not a wiring issue. I have restarted the software on the PC but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated in my panicked state!

Phil

Ok, Having done a bit of panicky research across the forums, the suggestion was to disconnect the battery for 15 mins and hope for a reset - which I duly did.

This appears to have cured the issue with the HEC as all appears to be functioning correctly. The SRM module also still works so feeling like a very lucky boy at the moment.

In light of my antics this morning my best advice would be to STAY AWAY FROM HEC CONFIGURATION PAGE 3 unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks all for your help

Phil

Hi Gaz,

Well done to Phil, Unfortunately i'm still struggling. I did what you advised, I've got outgoing and incoming calls but still no in car audio. Mic works fine and the voice button shows "voice" on the radio but without any vocal feedback i'm not sure whats going on with the SRM. Please see the attached, i'm getting this whenever I try to write current config to the HEC. Not sure what it means as the info seems to be there? Ive checked the wiring as far as I can see could it be as simple as ascreenshot.pdf plug missing somewhere?

Cheers. Joe.

Joe

I presume you have the audio patch lead suggested by Gaz in post #2 of this thread?

Having looked at your screenshot, i dont recognise the user interface for the version of the software you are using. Have you used the link provided by Gaz in post #28 as this is the one that I used and which worked.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes ive done the patch lead and tried the suggested version neither works? Joe

Hi Phil/ Joe, sorry I haven't been on here the past couple of days I was at the RS show at Croft on Sunday and got called out to work today :(

I'm sorry you had a few problems, I did know about the the HEC problem but didn't expect you to go into that as I never had to. I only needed to look at the SRM. This may have been sorted in the latest version I'm not sure!

I'm pleased to read that you managed to sort everything out, just remember that if you intend to alter anything else PLEASE BACK UP USING THE SAVE CONFIGURATION FUNCTION

If you want to keep up to date with this software use google translate to read the Russian thread http://ffclub.ru/topic/302511/#comments

Joe, the picture suggests your using the wrong software, as I said above I never had to alter anything on the HEC.

When you open elmconfig 0.2.5 which is in the download on post #28 did you go into ELM Setup and press Setup ELM327 for MS-CAN bus?

post-41331-0-51625700-1363286142_thumb.j
When you say you have no audio does this mean no music or just voice and phone audio?

Hi Gaz,

I used the incorrect software first and then changed to the ST software when it wouldn't work. I did use the ELM Setup and press Setup ELM327 for MS-CAN bus.The music is fine and cuts out for "calls" just no audio on the voice/ phone.

Cheers

Joe, I think it could only be that the settings need to be changed , if you try again using version 0.2.5 of elmconfig, change the settings in SRM to the same as in the picture and see if that works.

post-41331-0-42113700-1370942445_thumb.j

When i set up my SRM, i wasnt given the option highlighted above. I instead chose 'bluetooth & USB' i have used this several times today with no problems.

Gaz, thanks. The HEC thing was my fault as i got curious.

Phil

Hi Gaz

Tried that and every other config too. Beginning to wonder if its a dodgy SRM now? Checked the wiring again today and no joy there. Joe.

You may be right Joe, one more thing to try.

In SRM press on Procedures and then on Reset Module then check the other setting in Configuration, after that I wouldn't know what to suggest :(

When i set up my SRM, i wasnt given the option highlighted above. I instead chose 'Bluetooth & USB' i have used this several times today with no problems.

Gaz, thanks. The HEC thing was my fault as i got curious.

Phil

Phil I've looked at the setting in a few versions of elmconfig and non have just " bluetooth & USB " can you confirm what version you used and the exact setting, you can have a look using offline function. This might help Joe.

Gaz, Sorry you are correct in your above screenshot, this is what I used. Not quite sure where I saw the option I described although in my defence Sunday morning was a bit of a panic when it all looked to be going wrong!!

Definitely version 0.2.5 as well

Cheers

Phil

Hi Gaz/Phil,

Unfortunately no joy it looks like a new SRM . Ordered it today should be here by Friday. Watch this space. "I'll be back" Joe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phil/Gaz,

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I've found the problem! One of the cables on the small white plug on the back of the Head unit was just out of the plug. probably shifted it when I slid the unit out early doors :iim:. May be of use to someone if it happens again somewhere? I've got to sus out how the voice commands work now! Thanks again for your help and patience with this. Joe

joe,

Great news. Enjoy

Phil

Hi Phil/Gaz,

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I've found the problem! One of the cables on the small white plug on the back of the Head unit was just out of the plug. probably shifted it when I slid the unit out early doors :iim:. May be of use to someone if it happens again somewhere? I've got to sus out how the voice commands work now! Thanks again for your help and patience with this. Joe

Thought you'd given up on it Joe, pleased you got there in the end though :)

This will help you with voice commands Ford_BVC_GS_A4_EN.pdf

I said "I'll be back". I wasn't giving up easily!!

Thanks for the instructions

Joe

• 2 months later...

I have managed to acquire a 19C112 unit to replace my 19g488, have just installed it and all is working fine including the audio streaming.

Only one issue now is the link cable from the old 488 unit usb to the glovebox USB socket is not compatible with the new 112 unit which has a mini usb connector out.

Can anyone advise the correct part nr for the mini USB to glovebox USB socket to suit the 19c112 unit?

Thanks

Phil

• 1 month later...

I have just finished retrofitting bluetooth into my Titanium 09 Plate i had to use the patch loom as i had no cable after looking for it, everything communicates fine, except i hear no audio during play back, i have searched for the areas of which the mic and audio patches could go as shown on other topics on here, does anyone have any ideas as i'm now stumped and a little annoyed. I do have my aux cable which was connected in glove box still attached to the stereo loom could this be affecting it?

By way of an update I fitted the microphone, and the audio patch lead and the system works fine now.

Like Jo, I couldn't find the 'empty' connector for the microphone patch lead but seems this is not needed. Mine is a 2010 Focus with a build date of 22/1/2010.

Thanks for your help Gaz

Phil

I am having problems locating where the Audio patch lead goes, could you please let me know where yours was. Mine is 2009 Focus with a build date of 25/06/09. Thanks