Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Bluetooth Audio Not Working

philiprbrown

I have a 2010 mk2.5 focus Titanium in which i have retrofitted the Ford bluetooth unit ( version AM). The car did not have bluetooth capability out of the factory. The phone is bonded with the sony DAB headunit and can make calls but there is no audio through the Speakers. Similarly no streaming audio is heard from the music player.

Having researched via Google, i am aware that there may be a wiring compatibilty issue but have not been able to find a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaz RS

• Jojofish99

• philiprbrown

• spiceytitanium

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you retrofitted a module 8M5T-19C112-AM? into the car and all the wiring was already inn place?

Behind the glove box to the left you will see a wiring loom which has a Gray foam protector around it, peel back the foam and you will see a Gray connector with some wires looping in and out of it. It may be wrapped in electrical tape which will need to be removed.

post-41331-0-49216400-1369566262_thumb.j

You will need to replace this with an audio patch cable Finis 1592580 which can be bought from Ford, £9.31. It just has more wires looping,

post-41331-0-35828600-1369566639_thumb.j

The new patch cable routes the audio through the module so that the music can be muted when making or receiving a call,

Is your microphone working? as there is a patch cable for this as well!

Gaz RS, thanks for your help and the photos - much appreciated.

The module I have is a 8M5T-19G488-AM (eBay special) - is this a problem?

I have not managed to install the mic yet as I seem to have got the pillar mounted one instead of the unit in the courtesy light, so will have to go back to Ford to get the right one!. I will pick up the patch lead at the same time.

Do you also happen to have the Finis code for the Mic Patch as well - just in case.

Thanks again

Phil

The only problem with 8M5T-19G488-AM is that the module does not support usb or A2DP streaming.

The mic patch cable, finis 1592586 is £12.67 and is located just below where the audio one is, below the Gray foam. There is nothing plugged into it so it's just a case of plugging the patch cable ln.

DSCF1232.jpg

Thanks Garry

Hi Garry,

I'm new to this club and this is my first post and I've got a 2010 Focus Titanium Estate which is prewired for BT/VC

I'm in exactly the same position as Phil and after a ridiculous amount of research prior to fitting the necessary kit I was completely unaware of the necessity for audio and mic patch cables... so thanks!

I've found the audio plug and its exactly as pictured. However, for the life of me I cant find an empty plug anywhere under the audio plug or indeed anywhere behind the glovebox!

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Any Help would be appreciated

Joe

Hi Joe, maybe this other pic will help, it shows the connector just further down the loom from the audio connector it has 4 black and 4 red/ white wires going into it. Which head unit do you have?

My focus is a 59 plate, I've read that at some point in 2010 ford changed the wiring!

post-41331-0-92356200-1370105110_thumb.j

Cheers for the response.I've got a single DAB Sony. I haven't connected the mic yet so I'll give that a try without the audio working, perhaps the mic patch plug is not needed on this model? I read somewhere Ford changed the loom layout too but not what they did with it. I'll let you know what happens.

Joe

Ok, Mic works so I guess the plug isn't an issue on this loom? May be something to bear in mind for future retrofitters? I'll get the audio plug next week and then see how it goes. Thanks for the help anyway Garry.

That's good to know Joe, keep us informed on how you get on.

I picked up my patch leads today and will be having a look at this in the morning. I will let you kow what i find.

By way of an update I fitted the microphone, and the audio patch lead and the system works fine now.

Like Jo, I couldn't find the 'empty' connector for the microphone patch lead but seems this is not needed. Mine is a 2010 Focus with a build date of 22/1/2010.

Thanks for your help Gaz

By way of an update I fitted the microphone, and the audio patch lead and the system works fine now.

Like Jo, I couldn't find the 'empty' connector for the microphone patch lead but seems this is not needed. Mine is a 2010 Focus with a build date of 22/1/2010.

Thanks for your help Gaz

Nice one Phil, have you got the voice control working as well?

no not yet, I need to get the SRM activated. Next job on the list!

Phil

It's quite easy to do with a modified ELM cable and ELMConfig, let me know if you need any help. You'll need the stalk with voice button.

Thanks I ordered the cable over the weekend and have downloaded ELMConfig ready. I have already changed the stalk so that done. Hopefully the cable mod and the re-programme are jobs for the weekend.

Thanks for the offer of further help.

From memory this is the procedure to enable your voice control, I'm using the latest ELMConfig

post-41331-0-62648400-1370272333_thumb.j

Hi Guys,

Where is the best place to get the lead from and does it need modifying (i.e. with a switch)?

There's quite a long thread,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

Putty is no longer needed, there's an option to program the cable in ELMConfig

Best place for the cable is eBay and can be bought for less than a
tenner, this is the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-ELM327-OBDII-v1-5-CAN-BUS-USB-Code-Reader-Diagnostic-Fault-codes-Scan-Tool-/290871170818?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item43b945d702

The cable will work on the HS-CAN without modification but to
change settings on the SRM which is on the MS-CAN you will need to
modify the wiring inside and add a a switch so that you can move between
the two

There's a link to the switch in the first few posts but here it is anyways

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160697063015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Or a pre wired one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-wired-DPDT-ON-OFF-ON-Toggle-switch-miniature-/281116694531?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4173dc5803

Thanks Gaz,

The bits are on the way I'll keep you informed

Hi Gaz,

Ok, I've updated using the ELM 327 and all seems ok but I'm not getting any audio in the car. outgoing is fine but its almost as if the Speakers aren't connected? radio cuts off the speedo head is showing stuff....strange??

Any help would be appreciated

Joe

Hi Gaz,

I've played a little more today with it today. it seems to be the ELM config wont allow me to reconfigure the SRM. It keeps coming up with an ELM error. I did have the Speech recog working at one point (even though badly) however, it wont now and i still have and have never had any audio.

Not sure what to try now?

Cheers

Hi Joe, what version of elmconfig are you using?

Gaz, I originally used the disc that came with it then realised I should use the one you posted earlier in the thread. Do u think I need to reconfigure the lead/ELM?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club