Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meguiars Detailing List For New Ford Fiestazs 2013 Race Red

FiestaZS90150

Hi to everyone. I have been looking at how to take care of my car and its paint work in the best way. Came across a couple detailing threads but everyone has different methods of doing stuff.

Waxing Vs polishing, or both... etc

I checked out Meguiars site and watched their videos and have came up with a list in the order they should be used.

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner I don't know if this is just the first wash? and then after applying wax ou have to use another product to not take the wax off ... ?

Smooth Surface Clay Kit Seen what it does, but do i need it to start off with a new car? I mean it should arrive spotless.

Ultimate Polish Then NXT Tech Wax 2.0

And to finish

Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier

Please let me know if there is any i don't need or wont work or other products that will work better. I don't know of any other brands... Maybe i have the it all wrong, ???

Thanks.

Nick

The shampoo is fine :D its a plain shampoo so won't add anything like wax. I use it myself and it smells amazing!

You wouldn't need clay for a brand spanking new car as there shouldn't be any contaminants stuck to the paintwork.

Its also up to you whether you want to polish it, depends if you're happy with any dealer inflicted swirls :p

I would definitely use a wax though, as for Meguiars products I really like their liquid wax. It's such a doddle to apply and has stunning results.

If you want an outstanding wheel sealant I can only recommend Finnish Kare 1000p. The durability and shine it gives is second to none.

As a whole, Meguiars products are very good but people have their own preferences and you can't often decide from one brand to the other.

My collection consists of mainly Meguiars and Auto Finesse!

• Like 1

thats what i was thinking aqbout the clay, i wouldnt need it at the beginning. But if i understand correctly i should never need to clay the car if i keep maintaining a good wax on the car?

Finnish Kare 1000p is this a paste? i don't seem to find any website about it...

Auto finesse has some wheel paste too, is it any good? or is the best the one you mentionned above?

I dont think the car will come with swirls... at least i hope not lol.

So the process is:

Rinse car

Shampoo two bucket method

Rinse off

Dry the car with microfibre towel

clay if needed

Polish

Wipe polish off

Wax

Wipe wax off

??

I here people using Red mist, what is this stuff? i think some people use it on top of their layer of wax jsut for extra protection

DO i need to change shampoo? i need one that doesnt take the wax off every time? am i correct? this meabns i need another type since the first stage shampoo will apparently take all the wax off

I have also seen people using har or soft wax, hard apparently is better, and then their are others that use hard and then a layer of soft... Whats the diff?

you would be suprized at what the clay takes off if you do clay it fella.

I know its a new car but it may have been sat on a dock side for a few hours and then sat on the dealer for court before you came across it so wouldent hurt to clay it if you want

well the car is brand new, in fact production hasnt even started for france yet. Well it should start it June so hoping to have it on end of june or something like that. So it shouldnt need to much claying i think but i think i will still give it a go just to see. If the first parts are clean then i wont do the whole car.

You'd be surprised what is on the paint of a new car. Don't just clay, think about using a bleeding fallout remover too, as these will dissolve the metal fragments present.

I had a brand new B-Max to protect, it was straight from the plant to the dock to dealer, but was absolutely covered in industrial fallout.

You'd be surprised what is on the paint of a new car. Don't just clay, think about using a bleeding fallout remover too, as these will dissolve the metal fragments present.

I had a brand new B-Max to protect, it was straight from the plant to the dock to dealer, but was absolutely covered in industrial fallout.

Whats this bleeding fallout remover? never seen them.

Anyone can explain to me what the dodo juice red mist is?

Whats this bleeding fallout remover? never seen them.

Anyone can explain to me what the dodo juice red mist is?

They react with metal particles, dissolving them thereby lifting them off the paint surface. The bleeding effect shows where the contamination is being dissolved. WaxTec has one which is very good value http://www.wax-tec.co.uk/index.php/component/virtuemart/exterior/fall-off-detail?Itemid=0

Red Mist is a hybrid quick detailing spray / sealant.

HTH

seems to be a pretty strong product, can it damage the paint work if used too long or wrongly?

seems to be a pretty strong product, can it damage the paint work if used too long or wrongly?

Follow the instructions and you shouldn't have a problem. With most of them you never should let them dry, as it can potentially stain trim and plastics etc. Rinse VERY well too. Best not to use them in direct sunlight if I'm honest.

How much time do you want to be spending maintaining the finish?

Chris

The only things I'd change on your list are the polish and wax, have a look at DODO JUICE Orange crush as a wax and again DODO JUICE Lime prime as a polish.

Red mist is something called a quick detailer, it basically helps to top up your wax's protection after washing the car, removes bird bombs pretty good too!!

Hard and soft wax depends on how you will be waxing, if your using an applicator pad then it wont make much difference in the long run, soft wax's are generally easier to apply and spread quite well if your not used to waxing or how much wax to use per panel.

I use a soft wax simply because i do everything by hand and it's a lot easier.

The dodo juice Orange crush is a soft wax http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-orange-crush/prod_397.html

if you didnt want to spend over £30 on wax then they do panel pots too which will give you 3 coats easily if applied correctly (a little goes a LONG way with dodo juice) http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sample-sizes/dodo-juice-orange-crush-30ml-/prod_608.html

And the Lime prime http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-lime-prime/prod_441.html

I love dodo juice stuff because it's simple to use, gives you amazing results and doesnt cost the earth!!

just to add my pot of dodo juice rainforest rub was purchased in 2010 and is still over half full and it's been used every time ive washed and waxed a car in the last 3 years, the stuff lasts forever!!

Just to add that Dodo Juice Lime Prime is abrasive, and Lime Prime Lite doesn't have the cut in it

Chris

The only things I'd change on your list are the polish and wax, have a look at DODO JUICE Orange crush as a wax and again DODO JUICE Lime prime as a polish.

Red mist is something called a quick detailer, it basically helps to top up your wax's protection after washing the car, removes bird bombs pretty good too!!

Hard and soft wax depends on how you will be waxing, if your using an applicator pad then it wont make much difference in the long run, soft wax's are generally easier to apply and spread quite well if your not used to waxing or how much wax to use per panel.

I use a soft wax simply because i do everything by hand and it's a lot easier.

The dodo juice Orange crush is a soft wax http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-orange-crush/prod_397.html

if you didnt want to spend over £30 on wax then they do panel pots too which will give you 3 coats easily if applied correctly (a little goes a LONG way with dodo juice) http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sample-sizes/dodo-juice-orange-crush-30ml-/prod_608.html

And the Lime prime http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-lime-prime/prod_441.html

I love dodo juice stuff because it's simple to use, gives you amazing results and doesnt cost the earth!!

just to add my pot of dodo juice rainforest rub was purchased in 2010 and is still over half full and it's been used every time ive washed and waxed a car in the last 3 years, the stuff lasts forever!!

thanks =), i will check out the wax then =). Anyways i think in the end it will come down to personal preference. But at least i know a couple of good ones i can choose from and try out =).

Just to add that Dodo Juice Lime Prime is abrasive, and Lime Prime Lite doesn't have the cut in it

Chris

Why would polish be abrasive?

Could some one run me through on what products to use on the list in which order? And when to wash after using them?

Polish would be abrasive to help remove very light scratches and swirls/marks.

The Lime prime is abrasive but not majorly, if your worried about abrasiveness then the lime prime light is probably better for you, it gives the exact same result if you have no scratches/swirls.

If you don't like the idea of lime prime/light then autoglym super resin polish is also pretty damn good

Well thanks for the information i was looking at the dodo juice products and think i will go with only Dodo juice for the polish and wax. Megs for the shampoo, quick detailer red mist, and poorboys wheel sealant.

Received the car today =)

Cant wait to get it home.

945135_3154017226788_1615825108_n_zps46f

724_3154017306790_701200523_n_zps194408c

946701_3154009706600_2054128208_n_zpsa97

971662_3154017186787_799826596_n_zpsf7b9

972088_3154017146786_772143481_n_zps2051

My race red ZS had some dealer swirls so I snow foamed with valet pro ph neutral snow foam. Washed using two bucket method and meguairs gold class shampoo and dodo juice supernatural wash mitt (this things huge and amazing!!) I then used a quick clay thing I got a few years back. I machine polished the entire thing with the das-6 pro dual action menzerna and Sonus kit. I then applied some meguairs #7 show glaze and topped with collonite 845 insulator wax. I have never seen any red car reflect and shine so much EVER as mine does now. Hoping that I can get my mate to take some pics with his professional SLR this weekend.

Well thanks for the information i was looking at the dodo juice products and think i will go with only Dodo juice for the polish and wax. Megs for the shampoo, quick detailer red mist, and poorboys wheel sealant.

Received the car today =)

Cant wait to get it home.

Please don't use the poorboys sealant it's pretty naff really, the best sealant for longevity, beading and easiness to apply is the gtechniq c5 by a mile!

Ps all the products I have listed can bought from either cleanyourcar.co.uk or thepolishingbooth.com

• 3 weeks later...

Follow the instructions and you shouldn't have a problem. With most of them you never should let them dry, as it can potentially stain trim and plastics etc. Rinse VERY well too. Best not to use them in direct sunlight if I'm honest.

How much time do you want to be spending maintaining the finish?

Chris

i will be cleanning regularly every saturday at least during the whole summer. Stuff like vaccuming and rims.

So made a list of products after reviewing them on the Cleanyourcar website.

I'm waiting on your advice too order =).

Looked more into dodo juice products. Not too overpriced and customers seem to e very happy with the quality so i will start of with dodo juice products.

The car has no dealer swirls (thank god) lol. So i don't need any polish stage.

Not too sure on the shampoo... any recommendations?

1) Dodo Juice - Wash Sponge + Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo to wash the car. I don't have a foam lance.

2) Drying the car with CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel

3) Dodo Juice - Orange Crush (30ml) + Autofinesse - Wax Mate Applicator + Dodo Juice - Supernatural Buffing Towel

4) Dodo Juice - Red Mist Tropical 250ml + Ultimate Ultra-Plush Buffing Cloth 16" x 16"

Questions:

- When do you use masking tape to tape off the plastic on the car? Only when applying wax or even when shampooing?

- When do i know that i should buff off the wax? And how do you buff off the wax? do you apply pressure on the cloth or let it glide across the wax layer?

- Same for Red mist. Do you spray on and wipe straight away off or wait between?

Thanks to whoever will answer my questions lol.

The list you've put together is pretty much perfect, only thing iffy is the sponge, I'd change it for a mitt.

Most people use masking tape when using machine polishers such as a rotary or a da.

The wax will haze over to a cloudy kind of look, if it doesnt haze drag your finger gently over it, if it feels slightly grippy its not ready to come off yet, if it comes away easily then buff away.

To buff off the wax your going to have to use pressure to buff it off, then when buffed gently wipe over each panel to make sure you got it all off.

Red Mist is more of a top up/quick detailer spray, so use it between waxes to keep the protection level up, just spray it on and wipe it off straight away, folding the cloth and buffing after.

i thought about changing to a mitt =). Thanks for pointing it out i wanted to see if someone would find it bizar

is the shampoo the one to go for they have several (3) and most are for using over wax cause they don't strip the wax..

Mitts are so much better, especially when you have good paint and don't want to inflict swirls and scratches :)

Sour power is a very good shampoo as is Born To Be Mild shampoo, both made by dodo so both very good, depends on what smell you want more than anything.

Sour power has added carnuba so will give an extra bit of gloss, has a citrus smell and dilutes very well, it's a gloss enhancing shampoo.

Born To Be Mild is there flagship shampoo, smells awesome, dilutes slightly better IMO but is slightly more expensive, it's a maintenance shampoo so if your going to do lot's of routine washing then it would be my choice :)

Mitts are so much better, especially when you have good paint and don't want to inflict swirls and scratches :)

Sour power is a very good shampoo as is Born To Be Mild shampoo, both made by dodo so both very good, depends on what smell you want more than anything.

Sour power has added carnuba so will give an extra bit of gloss, has a citrus smell and dilutes very well, it's a gloss enhancing shampoo.

Born To Be Mild is there flagship shampoo, smells awesome, dilutes slightly better IMO but is slightly more expensive, it's a maintenance shampoo so if your going to do lot's of routine washing then it would be my choice :)

Regular is the plan so will be following your advice =). and changed the sponge to a wash mitt

• 2 weeks later...

so i received from CYC:

4A403464-CE87-4D12-B034-B3C4876AF26C-423

78D9762E-F8CA-44BC-9093-F24D9D227307-423

75EAC350-0476-482F-B77C-67FE161C5528-423

9B06F3A5-4920-4827-870A-F4C1E05A1618-4236A61697C-4818-463A-B8CC-A20D0D0E692A-42338FAEB6A-8D58-485E-B99A-814C3FD13D32-423EF89EA43-34D4-4447-A232-90FEA5A54999-4234187EB3B-D3D9-49B8-84BD-81F2C5472BE5-4230DFA1B1B-9A9B-45EB-AFBB-C2739C24943E-423D88AC273-A924-4269-B017-2653F7367791-4233A938464-426E-4643-B5C6-FD4C385EEBB3-423