Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Call Her A Ford Focus, I Call Her Julia!

mixmasterlooney

Got my car back and was told the whining sound is the turbo and nothing to worry about. I don't buy that. The noise did not exist before work was done.

Although there is no smoke or smell of anything burning it seems to be rev related. Anyways time to get back into mods...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

well i hope that they are not mugging you off and the noise dies down over time back to how it used to be..

yeah back on the mods now ;)

whats next in line?

• Like 1

Gonna take a stab at global door opening/closing if successful I will add on power fold mirrors. However right now my priority is to finish up the xenon mod and get rid of the extra parts I have to raise sone funds. St bumper n stock black halogen headlight will for sale

Does this entail fitting leccy windows to the rear? Also do you know if it enables global window close/one touch window up. I really miss that feature from (dare I say it) my 04 corsa - although getting used to it now. Will be watching ur updates as always :)

• Like 1

Does this entail fitting leccy windows to the rear? Also do you know if it enables global window close/one touch window up. I really miss that feature from (dare I say it) my 04 corsa - although getting used to it now. Will be watching ur updates as always :rolleyes:

I don't know if it includes one touch up, i too think this feature should be there it sucks. Not 100% sure about the rear yet mate as i have only checked out what i am missing to enable global opening/closing, not sure what other features this module may add to the car. Doing the rears will be a lot more costly because new windows regulators will be needed alongside new door window switches and motor plus modules and wiring.

Before i even go that far i will do the power fold mirrors and try to wire it up to work with the keyfob think i have already worked out a way looking at the wiring schematics but until i test it i will never know, i won't share this info just yet because i'm sure it can cause damage to the door module if it is incorrect :D

Had myself a frightening moment on the A2 doing 70mph tonight. Whining noise got louder in 4th gear and in 5th gear under load doing 70mph it dropped out of gear engine redlined n lost all power, it happened twice unbelievable.

Incompetent ford dealers in croydon could not safely put in a new clutch and gear box!!!

Had myself a frightening moment on the A2 doing 70mph tonight. Whining noise got louder in 4th gear and in 5th gear under load doing 70mph it dropped out of gear engine redlined n lost all power, it happened twice unbelievable.

Incompetent ford dealers in croydon could not safely put in a new clutch and gear box!!!

What the hell... I hope you get it sorted mate!

Go somewhere else I say!!

• Like 1

Deffo will be going somewhere else after this mate I am truly !Removed! off so angry about it after all the money I've spent on at this dealership

I would go back and give them one more chance to fix. If not or any problems call ford customer service

• Like 1

Damn dude, sorry to hear about all this hassle you are having. Must catch up soon, and hopefully all this nonsense gets sorted.

B

• Like 1

Right guys i'm calling it quits on all my mods now, can't afford it going into christmas plus the big bills for the cars and having my work tools stolen in the summer replacing all that and the cost of parts i have for future mod laying around it's going no where till i settle myself again, had a run of bad luck recently that has certainly knocked the wind out of me!

Therefore i am selling all parts i currently have really sad to say so but it has to be done.

For sale:

ST front bumper with upper and lower grills fog lights with mounts plus washer jet covers

PM me if interested or it will be on eBay tomorrow, will get some pics up later

• Like 1

selling those bits should recoup some cash, keep the faith brother!

• Like 1

Shame to see a not so good ending to a build thread! Was enjoying the read! Quick question on the st bumper,.. I take it that it is a facelift ST bumper? And if so you wouldn't happen to know if it would fit on the pre-facelift focus? Or does it require the bonnet and wings as well? Cheers.

• Like 1

Okay gents got my car back and Dee's in croydon a ford main dealer... did a right number on my car, the stupid ***** ********* ********* BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP (Jerry jerry jerry) apes left the gearbox mounting bolts loose!!!! All sorts of bolts weren't tightened up on the gearbox and this all explain what the whining sound was and the car dropping out of gear on the motorway in 5th.

Words cannot express how angry and bitter this has made me over the last couple of days, my turbo is now making a slight whining sound and although it wasn't there before the apes touched the car... it's well... "normal" there is also a slight whistling from the turbo... ever so slightly, they did not touch the turbo but i do not trust these idiots.

The best part about all of this is they had the nerve to tell me the noise i heard (The gearbox falling off the car) were the winter tyres i had fitted, they seriously ignored the fact that the gearbox was not bolted up correctly to be at fault! I have lost all faith in main dealers and lost confidence in my car completely.

My sweet julia has been defiled and i cannot look at her the same anymore lol... on the up side though the car is now fine, blasted up and down the motorway covered 60 miles and all is well the clutch pedal now feels softer compared to before the gearbox mounting bolts issues and it pulls much better but that's probably due to "boost season"

for the mods i want to finish off the xenon lights but i don't know the future of this car now, i'm not 100% happy i need to love her again!!

Gareth this will not fit the pre-facelift model and yes it is a facelift ST bumper. as far as i know the only mk 2.5 front bumper that bolts straight onto the mk 2 is one of the convertible focus mk 2.5 you will also need the bonnet, lights and wings

• Like 2

Okay gents got my car back and Dee's in croydon a ford main dealer... did a right number on my car, the stupid ***** ********* ********* BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP (Jerry jerry jerry) apes left the gearbox mounting bolts loose!!!! All sorts of bolts weren't tightened up on the gearbox and this all explain what the whining sound was and the car dropping out of gear on the motorway in 5th.

Words cannot express how angry and bitter this has made me over the last couple of days, my turbo is now making a slight whining sound and although it wasn't there before the apes touched the car... it's well... "normal" there is also a slight whistling from the turbo... ever so slightly, they did not touch the turbo but i do not trust these idiots.

The best part about all of this is they had the nerve to tell me the noise i heard (The gearbox falling off the car) were the winter tyres i had fitted, they seriously ignored the fact that the gearbox was not bolted up correctly to be at fault! I have lost all faith in main dealers and lost confidence in my car completely.

My sweet julia has been defiled and i cannot look at her the same anymore lol... on the up side though the car is now fine, blasted up and down the motorway covered 60 miles and all is well the clutch pedal now feels softer compared to before the gearbox mounting bolts issues and it pulls much better but that's probably due to "boost season"

for the mods i want to finish off the xenon lights but i don't know the future of this car now, i'm not 100% happy i need to love her again!!

Gareth this will not fit the pre-facelift model and yes it is a facelift ST bumper. as far as i know the only mk 2.5 front bumper that bolts straight onto the mk 2 is one of the convertible focus mk 2.5 you will also need the bonnet, lights and wings

Just take your time mate everything will come back to normal. That's why i prefer doing everything by myself, but you always need the right tools and the right place.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this mate.

Yeah some dealers are just shocking, some of them have absolutely no idea what theyre doing. For example, my local one would probably confuse a water leak with an oil leak. Also, just like you said - when they develop such a bad reputation - you tend to think that everything that goes wrong with your car is they're fault lol! :rolleyes: Same happened to me when I had mine in for repairs - I thought they had literally ripped the power steering out of the car, though thankfully the problem sorted itself out after a while...

I'm sure you will get your confidence back in the car again - once its back in top running shape, and then take it on a nice drive, round a few bends, rev it a bit etc, and it will feel like its yours, and only yours again. ;)

• Like 1

Thank you very much gents, the car is starting to feel better, and as you said steve i can't help but think everything is a result of them messing up lol :lol: i can already sleep again, hoping to restart my build again next year if funds allow it, i have so much planned for my focus, trying to tell myself stop just stop! :lol:

• Like 1

Thank you very much gents, the car is starting to feel better, and as you said steve i can't help but think everything is a result of them messing up lol :lol: i can already sleep again, hoping to restart my build again next year if funds allow it, i have so much planned for my focus, trying to tell myself stop just stop! :lol:

Hah, yeah, I also have loads planned, but sadly I have got hardly any spare cash lying around! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It is a new year and once again I have much planned ben. Julia will return soon with some very exciting new mods.

Watch this space I have a feeling the oncoming months will be very exciting for julia!

Project STD!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ah dude, I think I've driven past your car about 5 times this week. I am soooooo jelly of the zetec s front and rear addons. lol.

I tend to slow down and cruise past to admire Julia :D

• Like 1

It's going to be maaaaaad!

Correct, going to be mad indeed.

Half way with my xenons woot woot looking to fit the entire washer system anytime soon, tints to come and exhaust to come! Trying to contain myself day by day getting too excited about mods, like a child with a new toy!!

Ah dude, I think I've driven past your car about 5 times this week. I am soooooo jelly of the zetec s front and rear addons. lol.

I tend to slow down and cruise past to admire Julia :D

Ben you can look but you can't touch her! lol, looking out for your focus every day! but no luck

ZS kit gets so much looks, more than an ST it's crazy.

• Like 1

Correct, going to be mad indeed.

Half way with my xenons woot woot looking to fit the entire washer system anytime soon, tints to come and exhaust to come! Trying to contain myself day by day getting too excited about mods, like a child with a new toy!!

Ben you can look but you can't touch her! lol, looking out for your focus every day! but no luck

ZS kit gets so much looks, more than an ST it's crazy.

Haha. LOL.

We need to meet up soon, getting DRL's at the end of this month, so will be needing your expertise. There's a hot meal in it for ya. LOL

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club