Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fly Eye Kit Mk7

Beedy192

Hi guys I'm a newbie so apologies if this has been asked before or not in the correct area. Has anyone put a fly eye kit on there MK7 yet? Curious to see as to what it would look like on the car.

Although they look good , be mind full that they trap dirt between the holes and in poor weather reduce visability due the the pores getting blocked with dirt (on the front)

Thanks For the reply Paul... Has anyone on here got a picture of how they look? May have to do a rethink lol Scottish weather may not be idea haha my car gets filthy

I wouldnt recommend putting it on headlights as it will effect the beam, but all other lights should be fine. I have done them on my tail lights. Mondeo estate and they look good. Ive had no problem with dirt getting stuck on them.

The only thing is getting hold of them now. The original company http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/ that did them doesnt seem to be working, so it will be a matter of finding another supplier. How good other suppliers stuff will be, im not sure of.

Thanks for the reply Steve... I'm not sure what to do with my lights yet, just want to be different from everyone else.

I'll have a browse around and may find them or find something better that catches my eye.

Not sure what the newer fiesta headlights look like, but you could do blackeyes or a colour matching the car if your headlights allow you to.

ive just had a quick look on yahoo, for images and theres some here that may take your fancy

front

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0PDoXvoBKVRMUMAOyZNBQx.?p=fiesta+mk7+head+lights&fr=moz35&ei=utf-8&n=30&x=wrt&y=Search

rear

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0PDoXvoBKVRMUMAOyZNBQx.?p=fiesta+mk7+tail+lights&fr=moz35&ei=utf-8&n=30&x=wrt&y=Search

i had fly eyes fitted to my head lights n tail lights

quickly removed it from headlights cause it does reduce the output considerably, plus it doesnt weather very well and bits broke off it

this is what it looked like

2013-02-19143402-1.jpg

i since fitted aftermarket black headlights instead

2013-04-28164818.jpg

i also removed it from the tail lights cause again it didnt weather well and its really hard stuff to work with anyway so there was a few creases. when i get round to it i'll fit black led tail light units

i've fitted fly eye to my front fogs n twin reverse lights though

Thanks for the links Steve I think I may go for the smoked look. As you can see in my picture my car is dark so matching may be good.

I see a lot of Fiesta's around but rarely in my colour. So I want to try and keep mine rare/unique.

Brigante thanks for the pics, that looks very nice. How much did your lights set you back?

My mk7 is pretty dark all round like yours, and I've fly-eyed mine:

post-35490-0-52696000-1369828692_thumb.j

Hope it helps!

Hi Scott that looks very nice, how do you find the visibility at night? Also like the red on the front, where did you get them from?

The visibility isn't much worse. I have Philips blue vision bulbs which are better than standard ones though. I think I bought 2 sheets of 50x30 from them which was only just over a tenner. If you don't like them you can just peel them off and you haven't lost out on much. I'd recommend a heat gun or hair dryer on low to help with applying it though.

The badges are from dmb (just google dmb ford) and the grill is from the Asian/Australian market. Had to hunt eBay for a while til I found it. Cost about £80 incl postage. Comes with silver bits but a bit of paint from Halfords sorted that to match the rest of the car

Thanks guys I'll keep you all updated with way I end up doing. Guess I better get looking around Scott lol some paint and walla

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club