Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Battery Warning

redrum217uk

Ecoboosts and ti vct engines use a different type of aircon compressor a vss compressor others cars when you select aircon will switch the fan on to bring the temp down then cycle on and off to increase mpg ford use the vss pump the fan runs continually and the valves inside the compressor regulate how much gas is required so no switching on and off also the cooling system is different the engine has 2 thermostats so to aid engine warm up the main thermostat bypasses the coolant straight round the engine and back to the expansion tank when the coolant and engine at the right temp the engine thermostat opens sending the hot coolant to the rad now its nice and hot the 2nd thermostat from the bottom rad hose to the pump opens the main valve and closes the bypass valve allowing the coolant to circulate like a normal car to keep optimal temperature as the aircon fan is behind the main radiator with the aircon rad in front covering the whole engine rad so the aircon fan helps suck cold air to the engine rad also which is why ford recommend its always on if the fan always being on overcools then the 2nd thermostat opens the bypass again so the engines at optimum temp as much as is possible so the expansion will be hot but dontvthink theres an issue if the bottom rad hose isnt hot its not a problem just the design

Ecoboosts and ti vct engines use a different type of aircon compressor a vss compressor others cars when you select aircon will switch the fan on to bring the temp down then cycle on and off to increase mpg ford use the vss pump the fan runs continually and the valves inside the compressor regulate how much gas is required so no switching on and off also the cooling system is different the engine has 2 thermostats so to aid engine warm up the main thermostat bypasses the coolant straight round the engine and back to the expansion tank when the coolant and engine at the right temp the engine thermostat opens sending the hot coolant to the rad now its nice and hot the 2nd thermostat from the bottom rad hose to the pump opens the main valve and closes the bypass valve allowing the coolant to circulate like a normal car to keep optimal temperature as the aircon fan is behind the main radiator with the aircon rad in front covering the whole engine rad so the aircon fan helps suck cold air to the engine rad also which is why ford recommend its always on if the fan always being on overcools then the 2nd thermostat opens the bypass again so the engines at optimum temp as much as is possible so the expansion will be hot but dontvthink theres an issue if the bottom rad hose isnt hot its not a problem just the design

Forgot about that i watched the video on ford Europe's YouTube channel, so unlike my old zetec lump then the A/C wouldn't help cool the coolant till it gets into the rad which will take a little longer, perhaps the fans come on then even if the coolant temperature is non existent or low in the rad the fan will come on trying to cool the rest of the system? wonder if when you turn it off the valves open to allow the hot coolant to be moved away from the engine until you are ready to start it again?

The ti vct runs hot add to that the turbo and the aircon rad in front of the engine rad thats a lot of heat ide assume the aircon,engine fan monitors those temps and sucks the cold sir in as and when required if the aircon fans off. when its on its doing both jobs and the complicated cooling system does the rest since the ecu monitors under bonnet temps for 40mins or less depending switching on the fan if necessary.

The engine to be effective must warm up quick it sounds like its doing what its meant to do its odd because were all used to tge simpler systems when it gets too cold just turn it up a notch to a constant comfortable level a good tip is when you park up if possible set aircon to max hot fan on full drop the windows and for 30secs let the car idle one it will cool the turbo extending its life and 2 take away the excess heat in the engine

Okay guys you've lost me Lol are you still saying its normal?

I have only driven the car a few mins this morning but the temp went up to half way quite quickly. But not fan when I got out.

Thanks

Yeh it sounds normal it's designed to warm up quickly I completely forgot the eco design I will find the video later and post it, keep on driving, it will take it a while to learn its bearings after being sat for many months the ecu is probably learning temperature parameters again.

Only just noticed that video, sorry! Thanks for that though, quit einteresting.

Its only done it a cuple of times since and it lasts about 50 seconds, so I'm not worried.

As for the low battery I called the dealer and said I need it charged, I'd do it but its hard to get my car near me house. They insisted I brought it in to do it all for me, they also said they change the ford badge on the boot that is all cracked for free too! :)

Happy days

sounds good, keep us informed as to your progress!

Stop start now works perfectly since the battery was fully charged!

I asked about the engine fan and he said it wasn't anything to worry about as its related to the air con. However I was just sitting in the car setting up various voice controls, I turned the engine on so not to use the battery for about 10 min and the fan came on when I got out and the engine was warm but I'm sure this is normal. The fan went off after 1 min and I had not used the aircon.

Its only relevant when the AC is on, because you weren't moving an im guessing started from cold it's the engine heating it's self then dumping the hot coolant into the radiator where it upsets a sensor which then activates the fan as you aren't moving there is no air rushing through the rad to cool it, and I wouldn't worry about using the battery for 10 minutes if the battery is good then that shouldn't use hardly anything, I use my radio every lunch break from work for an hour on the no ignition timer and I don't have any trouble. If you worry that badly buy a solar charger for the battery that goes into the 12v port while your not using her and that will compensate for any loss, car batterys aren't as simple as going flat anyway aslong as there are a certain amount of cold cranking amps available you should get a pretty long crank or 2 anyway just incase it plays games with you ever.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club