Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 St Boost/gauge Pod Android (Completed)

Preee

i've got an app called prey that is a security feature and can tell you where your phone is and can take pics too. might be worthwhile if you do decide to use the GPS function.

I tried the phone in the position where the front camera lens could take pictures , but then the power supply was against the clip and i could not get it in so the phone is actually upside down at the moment , but sounds a good idea

Prey is fantastic, I have built it into all my PC's. unfortunately my phone doesnt have a large enough capacity to include it in, but Prey is fantastic as a tracker!

James, could you not add a memory card and install prey onto that or move apps onto the memory card? I got a nice micro sd 32gb one for £15!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-32gb-micro-sdhc-plus-uhs-memory-card-15-07-del-gizzmoheaven-poss-5-quidco-1583373

• 1 month later...

Just out of interest, were you able to refit the speaker, or is it a case of speaker OR boost pod?

Not that I can afford to do anymore on my car at the moment, haha.

I've now seen this in action and Paul has created a work of art! looks really really good and as it it was meant to be there.

I was also really impressed! Looks completely OEM and very neat :)

Just out of interest, were you able to refit the speaker, or is it a case of speaker OR boost pod?

Not that I can afford to do anymore on my car at the moment, haha.

Alex , there is space , just to the right of the pod , i left the speaker connected and cut some polystyrene which holds it in place , on the pod there a small speaker location which lets the sound out , but have lost a little clarity probably.

• Like 1

I've now seen this in action and Paul has created a work of art! looks really really good and as it it was meant to be there.

I was also really impressed! Looks completely OEM and very neat :)

Cheers guys for the comments , i still need to fit it properly , which will involve removing the case of the phone , also i need to wire a micro switch to the power button of the phone , as it has glitched on a couple occasions , and i have to take the radio out to power the phone on and off , the phone does have timed on/off , but although it works very good , it murders the battery and i find i then don't get enough charge on short journeys to keep it topped up.

out of touch on this thread, sorry Sal, its something I would love to do, but even though the data has moved, it still seems to reside in memory and still takes up space...