Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Ford Dab Radio

Jon Hunt

Just got hold of a Ford DAB radio for the smax that has the correct surround etc,

take it i need a kit i see on eBay to enable the DAB to work.

also some reason it's not locking into the gap same fittings as the old radio just not locking.

any help guys also is it cheaper to get the kit from ford them selfs then off eBay.

manny thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

As far as I know it should be a straight swap. You need to have the radio and surrounds, and you may need a single adapting harness, but other than that you should be plug and play?

You need to fit either a glass-mount DAB antenna (whcih don't work very well) or you have a very big job to lower the roof lining and fit the genuine ford DAB antenna.

Personally I wouldn't bother - the Sony DAB unit isn't actually very good. I had it for a while and found it to be no better than the standard CD6000 unit whcih it replaced. So I then upgraded to the Blaupunkt SatNav unit which is a much better bit of kit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club