Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Too Shiny?

Turvey

Nah! Lol I actually seen this last year and I must say it looks awesome :)

that looks sweet! I wonder how long it took and how much it cost to get a bodywork of chrome?!

If my other half saw that, I'd never pull her away!!

She's easily distracted by shiny things!!

If my other half saw that, I'd never pull her away!!

She's easily distracted by shiny things!!

At least you wouldnt have to try and convince her to let you part with £25k to buy it lol

True!!

Would also make life quiet...

Now...where can I find £25k in a hurry... :whistling:

Its a wrap - you could get any car done - including your own one! -

• Like 1

that would be a bank job me thinks!

seen this last year and looks better in the flesh but wount have it done my self and bet when the sun catches it you go blind

Nice until you encounter it on a really bright morning when the sun is low on the horizon.

I predict burned retinas.

The footballer el hadji diouf had it on his slk! Apprently you can just peel it off when your bored of it? Don't know if that's true?

that matches the theory that FOCA said. I wonder how much it would cost to do the car?

Surely its an illegal modification for road use, as it can be blinding to other road users?

I've seen that Focus RS at Ford Fair last year - looks ace

Also seen a Chromed R35 GTR - Mark who owns MGT Racing, his bro in law has one. Awesome car.

I think its made out of pvc or something like that (similar to stickers) so it could be removed, in theory. I suppose if it was done to a brand new car it would protect the paint from scratches etc, and when it started looking "scabby" you could do it again or remove it to reveal the "like new" paint underneath

I once bought a van that was fully sign-written, it belonged to one of those double glazing companies and part of the conditions was the sign-writing had to be removed, it was a nightmare to get of, it took days, the best way was with a kettle to get the stickers off (slowly) and tar-and-glue to get the remaining sticky residue off

Driving/ Inside the silver car the main problem would be the sun shining off the bonnet, this could be fixed by not "silver wrapping" the bonnet/ fitting a carbon-fiber/ black bonnet bonnets were painted black in the 60s to stop the sun blinding the driver (eg- Lotus Cortina) i think a black or gray carbon-fiber bonnet would not look out of place on a sitver-wrapped car

The silver "mirror" on the back of the car would help stop the cars behind you dazzling you with their full beams!

I suppose you could convince the wife she could check her hair/ make-up before she even got in the car :lol:

And people said there was too much chrome on my car!!!

Paul ;)

HID's reflecting off that could be interesting :P

Can you imagine this doing 180mph? It'd practically be invisible because it would just reflect its surroundings. Well under certain conditions/circumstamces anyway

I suppose he might get away with a few speeding tickets...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club