Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 100Ps + 125Ps Chip Tuning

domo85

Its always good to have a choice and some competition out there either if you use a tuning box or a remap such as bluefin. just need superchips to hurry up and get a blue fin ready for me to buy :)

Hi, why are these tuning boxes then engine specific, but, you state, they can be resold? Like any remap they can only be used on the cars and engines they are programmed to be used on, if they are generic they will have many problems. I am also not sure that it would be a "a big fee" at transferring a bluefin , do you know the actual cost?

Then you state that a tuning box will "produce more bottom end torque than a remap". Again, do you have actual proof of this? Do you understand that, if you take you car to have it properly remapped, and some companies charge little more than that cheap looking box for this, what a remap with a rolling road can do?

That company also quite clearly distinguishes between tuning using OBD, as they state "We read and manipulate the manufacturer’s original software. After manipulation, the tuning software is programmed on the ECU.". Then say tuning with a tuningkit, "Tuningkit is simply inserted between the ECU and the engine. This optimises engine management through our chip tuning module." I think they sum it up with the word simply. If you want to trust your car to a piece of equipment from a dubious background that probably hasn't been tested thoroughly and extensively, then its your car to break. Personally I wouldn't let anything like anywhere near my £24k vehicle and trust in the professionals. At least with superchips I also have a warranty provided by them...

Hi, why are these tuning boxes then engine specific, but, you state, they can be resold? Like any remap they can only be used on the cars and engines they are programmed to be used on,

FOCA - I bought a DT-UK (expensive/ high end ) tuning box, for my Mondeo TDDI - it was VERY specific as it plugs into the vp44 rotary diesel pump/ has special plugs & sockets, and will not work on a common rail, or fit other cars (exept for a few TDDI/ DI Fords that use the vp44 pump, transit etc/ - same tuning box but with different settings).the Mondeo Mk 3 TDDI was only made for 2 years (2000 - 2002) the tuning box cost £400 new (now about £330) and sold for £200 secondhand - thats £200 more than a remap is worth!

I am also not sure that it would be a "a big fee" at transferring a bluefin , do you know the actual cost?

FOCA - Yes, i know the exact cost (that i paid for my Bluefin to get it reset), if a new Bluefin is purchased, it can be transfered to many other vehicles, free of charge, upto 12 months, after that, there is "a big fee" for transferring to another vehicle, the exact cost depends on the original purchase cost, and if the map is still on the original car or has been transferred back to the Bluefin handset, Bluefin was running a 20% discount and turbo cars/ NA cars have a big difference in cost (for the Bluefin handset with map)

Then you state that a tuning box will "produce more bottom end torque than a remap". Again, do you have actual proof of this? Do you understand that, if you take you car to have it properly remapped, and some companies charge little more than that cheap looking box for this, what a remap with a rolling road can do?

FOCA - yes, i have evidence of the extra bottom end the tuning box provides (compared to a Bluefin remap - its n my build thread) I had to get Superchips to modify the map twice (custom map) to come close to the bottom end the tuning box produced - independent from that, roveron did tests comparing their tuning box to a Bluefin remap on a Jaguar 2.2 (same as a MK3 Mondeo ST-TDCI 2.2) The tuning box was measured with more bottom end power (many cars are produced with restricted bottom end power to protect the trans/ DMF - the bluefin mat often "folloiws" this ) - a cheap remap can be a liability / can ruin your car, a remap from a top tuner with a before/ after rolling road can cost £500, once its on the car, it cannot be transferred or sold seperately = worth zero , if your cars ECU was updated, the performance map could be deleted

That company also quite clearly distinguishes between tuning using OBD, as they state "We read and manipulate the manufacturer’s original software. After manipulation, the tuning software is programmed on the ECU.". Then say tuning with a tuningkit, "Tuningkit is simply inserted between the ECU and the engine. This optimises engine management through our chip tuning module." I think they sum it up with the word simply. If you want to trust your car to a piece of equipment from a dubious background that probably hasn't been tested thoroughly and extensively, then its your car to break. Personally I wouldn't let anything like anywhere near my £24k vehicle and trust in the professionals. At least with superchips I also have a warranty provided by them...

FOCA - Brabbus produces tuning boxes for £100+k Mercs / the tuning box can be taken off in 2 minites (what tuning box? :lol: ) tuning / tuning boxes is a million pound industry - the big players are just as professional as Superchips, though ive found DTUK customer service was rubbish, compared to Superchips,(who were very helpful ) Though Superchips charge far too much for resetting their old bluefin's IMO, If they charged less, there would be a much healthier trade in secondhand Bluefins

FOCA - Is my signature visible to you - a link to my build thread is at the end of it

• 1 month later...

Im been in touch with racechips on their tuning chips that they have introduced for the ecoboost 100ps and 125ps and have informed me they have tested them and theyre getting decent results. So its a consideration if you cant afford a re-map.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/ford/fiesta/7-ja8/1.0-ecoboost/index.php

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club