Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

That is not the sensor connector it looks more like your washer bottle connector. Sensor connector has 3 cables. Brown/blue, white/blue and yellow/blue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Actually it is sensor connector. Pic is taken right side rear quater panel of floor, where are also abs/esp sensor cables, fuel fired heater pump wires(for diesel engines). and levelling sensor cables ;) i know about washer cables, because i have front lights with washers. And why the h*ll washer bottle is rear? ;) :) :D

EDIT: cannot match the colours clear enough from that pic to me the colours don't match and the plug type is incorrect, both front and rear sensor uses the same type of plug connector.

Unfortunately atm I cannot upload a oic if the connector.

Why is it plugged into sonething? And I only see two cables not 3?

If that is the sensor it should not be plugged into anything else other than the sensor it self

According to wiring schem, Autolevelling has 3 cables, to rear sensor, but schem don't tell that there's another set of cable for abs sensor, fuel fired heater etc. on same connector. I searched same wiring schem that found on here at forum. Take a look on page 65 from that and it show you colours of cables. I'd be sorry about pic, it's not so clear. But check after pic was taken, that colours match. Any schem don't truly tell that theres another set of cables on same place, just that part what you search, like AFS/HID or ABS/ESP set.

I cannot see a brown/yellow wire with the other two in that photo and I have not actually looked at the rear sensor wiring myself and since I know what the connector looks like I know it has slots for additional wires on the connector therefore I cannot say it is or not however I doubt it is based on the fact its connected to something.

Think about how your going to plug the sensor in when the connector is already in use...

Yes connector is in use, but have though, that connector can dismantle for another cables, what you saw on pic. There's cable, fuel fired heater (dosepump cables) and DPF pump/levelsensor, and autolevelling sensor for HID/AFS, the little connector is for ABS/ESP. So now i know what i need, id go local salvage yard and take a connetor contains FFH/HID cables :)

EDIT: cannot match the colours clear enough from that pic to me the colours don't match and the plug type is incorrect, both front and rear sensor uses the same type of plug connector.

Unfortunately atm I cannot upload a oic if the connector.

Why is it plugged into sonething? And I only see two cables not 3?

If that is the sensor it should not be plugged into anything else other than the sensor it self

In my car there's a Fuel fired Heater, because when car was imported they installed Heater later on it, thats why because Nordic version of the car. Living in Finland, and winters are sometimes very cold. Two cables are for Heater fuelpump.

• Like 1

Little update for this project. Today is got some parts, Rear and front levelling sensors, Light switch, and HID control module. Sensor aren't good condition, but i made some refurbish, metal parts I cleaned from rust, and painted them black. Here some pics.

Front sensor (Visteon VP3M5F-13D007-CD)

post-52548-0-31272300-1401467599_thumb.j

Rear sensor (Visteon VP3M5F-13D007-BA)

post-52548-0-26372700-1401467604_thumb.j

Hole setup, (Control Module: 3M51-13K031-AF, and Switch: 7M5T-13A024-GA)

post-52548-0-11732300-1401467602_thumb.j

Looking good bro. Imnaz said his car did not have a connector for the module not sure if yours will either and I doubt my car will

Looking good bro. Imnaz said his car did not have a connector for the module not sure if yours will either and I doubt my car will

Thanks, mate. where is control box location, haven't find yet, but maybe next finally had time to figure out.

Based on the wiring it's somewhere behind the dashboard, driver side air vent next to side mirrors.

The wiring does not extend beyond that to be anywhere else and it requires dashboard removal

Based on the wiring it's somewhere behind the dashboard, driver side air vent next to side mirrors.

The wiring does not extend beyond that to be anywhere else and it requires dashboard removal

On schem. Connector C838 is for HID module. but also there's C111 for partial connect to HID module on Smartbox. Same harness has Heating Control module, HID module, Radio, Diagnostic, Cluster, and Low level Navig.

Connector to HID module has marked 98BG-14489-SZA, it has 26 pins.

Yes that is for a car with wiring for HID its slightly different if you don't have HID

Yh. I put a rs loom in to solve the not connector issue. You might find a easier way but I'm not good with rewiring.

I'm not 100% sure is my car loom on Control part, put sensor wires on rear is 100%. So i think rest of the cables should be there, Here in Finland it quite hard to find RS loom, because it so rare, and those cars imported, they are still on road (or auction).

What about a st loom? Or if your good with wiring diagrams etc just make the connections yourself.

Possibly ST loom, but i have to double check loom on my car. Fingers cross to that i find connetor for module. ;) I have knoledge to do almoust everything about cars electric, but trying to find easier way if U know what I mean ;)

Yh the connector should be if you have it just under the headlight switch behind there. You have to get it out and connect. I search for it but I just dropped my phone with flash and video recording down there and there was no connector. Just a quick tip to help you search for it.

OK, i check when get some time from work.

Little update. I just check schem, and dismantle half dashboard. My car don't have indash cables for HID module, but fusebox has cables. I'd have to buy half indash loom local salvage yard.

Are you going to be doing some rewiring or you trying to get the complete loom?

Are you going to be doing some rewiring or you trying to get the complete loom?

Well not hole loom, rewiring is option.

Edited by Megado

Again little update, cables for HID has on headlamp loom, today i check both lamps. Funny thing that everyone else connections, and cables found, but not HID module connector or cables.

It's because the interior loom is separate to the engine bay loom. I have all connections on the outside of the car but didn't on the inside. So you rewire or replace. The loom on the inside is spec based.

I've seen excatly same spec as mine, but xenons, have to do search again, because yesterday I've found cables for USB, behind glovebox. progress a little thats positive :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club