Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

And here's front sensor assembly photo's (the dark stuff on bolts and nuts are tar spray, i'd use to use it, because wet and salt and snow in winter times.)

post-52548-0-24406500-1405619202_thumb.j

post-52548-0-38611500-1405619204_thumb.j

post-52548-0-42067500-1405619206_thumb.j

post-52548-0-22666300-1405619208_thumb.j

Thank you Clive, I need to have a look at that center console guide then. Sensors look good

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Sensor to toebar, isn't original connected, just basic 6mm bolts with nylock nuts and washers.

Did you have to drill the holes or are they already there?

And where did you locate the rear connector block?

Your almost done with the mod.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Did you have to drill the holes or are they already there?

And where did you locate the rear connector block?

Your almost done with the mod.

Rear sensor place has factory drilled holes (the one hole is 6 square, the toebar hole), and sensor it self has two holes on 45 degrees angle to toebar, you'll see it when look under car. Connector block is located, a right side horisontal toebar assembly just front of rear wheel near fuel tank. Front sensor has also factory drilled holes, both places toebar and wheel arch, right side of car. But i'd drill hole under toebar, because there's no room to nylock nut inside toebar. Original has rivetnut at toebar, when factory assembled HID. Almoust done, only wireloom had to be done ;) :)

Edited by Megado

Anyone progress their project? Mine has on ice, outside temperature is +30°C so had to stay in shade.

No, I still need to get the sensor for the front. No one seems to have it, or someone already brought it.

Not had the free time to do mine

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Do any of you know if this is the correct front hid level sensor ? 141348126533

Do any of you know if this is the correct front hid level sensor ? 141348126533

It's look's like rear sensor. Compare my pics then you'll figure.

I have rear and that one looks more like front but has a bit more on top mount. I prob just cut it off and the put it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

No, my is still on ice. Too hot to do anything. And work has too much, and no spare time :(

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Nazsky786, have you any pics, inside dashboard? Interest about where xenon module are located. Reason for this is, id have to plan rewiriring route, from module and high speedcanbus wires.

Megado and other users interested in this.... the module will be located roughly behind the headlight switch and bolted to chassis before the wires route through to the door.

I have actually done this mod successfully a couple of months back just remember if you are taking out old looms and putting higher spec ones in make sure it matches either prefacelift (till roughly 57 to 08) or facelift (2008 onwards) otherwise you will get engine malfunction errors etc. The wiring to the speedo + PATS and accelerator pedal and a couple of other wires differ slightly.

If you want to upgrade to a facelift loom you can but you will need both the dashboard and main body loom from a facelift car. (no need to replace engine loom though which is good news)

However on that note youll need to run additional wires for the headlight washers into the main fusebox and add relays etc and the level sensors like you've already said will need to be run to the inside of the car

Thanks tips, mostly looms are, put few differend part, my car has TDci and dash loom from ST. And my car has eberspacher aux so that part on C111 was different. I just make rewiring, not hole loom. Headlight washer i have already, like most Scandinavian cars.

What RShadow said is right. The module is located just the the left behind the panel where the headlight switch is. however the wires ran up from behing the dash to the module. Not the door. I have the issue of connector c111 not allowing car to start and front sensors not communicating. I have a lx 2006 , but changed the dash loom blue connector to a rs 2009 loom. I've never figured out the issue as the pins on c111 are in same place same colour wires etc. The main body loom is that the brown connector on the gem ? Where does the c111 continue on to?

Everything else on the car works just engine won't start and airbag light b2227 front crash sensor no connection. Headlights go up down. But all I have left for that is the sensors which I cannot find.

I've been busy fixing a Vw up so never had time to trace wires. But Ford told me the wiring pins are always located in the same place to keep things simple. There is no signal from the ignition barrel start to the starter relay, however if you manually place a cable through it starts. I tried disconnectingg and connecting but no success but everyone says it c111 connector.

What RShadow said is right. The module is located just the the left behind the panel where the headlight switch is. however the wires ran up from behing the dash to the module. Not the door. I have the issue of connector c111 not allowing car to start and front sensors not communicating. I have a lx 2006 , but changed the dash loom blue connector to a rs 2009 loom. I've never figured out the issue as the pins on c111 are in same place same colour wires etc. The main body loom is that the brown connector on the gem ? Where does the c111 continue on to?

Everything else on the car works just engine won't start and airbag light b2227 front crash sensor no connection. Headlights go up down. But all I have left for that is the sensors which I cannot find.

I've been busy fixing a Vw up so never had time to trace wires. But Ford told me the wiring pins are always located in the same place to keep things simple. There is no signal from the ignition barrel start to the starter relay, however if you manually place a cable through it starts. I tried disconnectingg and connecting but no success but everyone says it c111 connector.

Most of headlamps wire are same as others, put few differecies are, as far i can read schem. just check where it goes on loom and compare to schem.

When you say you have an RS loom do you mean you've swapped the dashboard loom out? If it is an RS the ignition will be different as they were all keyless entry you'd have to take the ignition wires from your old loom and wire them into that connecter like I had to... But you do need to change your main body loom too meaning the one that runs under the carpets as it will be wired differently to your airbag module which would explain one error and also the engine malfunction too as it won't be reading your throttle properly.

Main loom has brown big connector on it?

I've checked pins from old and new loom and they are pin for pin the same. Starter wire black grey does run up to the c111 connector but from there I don't know.

Do you check what pin that wire goes?

The starter wire is same as on old loom and new. It's also on the other end of the c111 connector.

Have check cable correctly? Because schem hasnt BK-GY colour wires, only GY-BK.

Almoust every time black wire are as a main colour, it is ground control wire alone or with second color ie BK-RD (black - red)

Grey black Yh. That's the wire.