Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

JW said he has the full kit for retrofitting keyless, maybe he can shed some light on this part

Ok. To start off then I will change the dash and body loom for the facelift nd move on from there.

Does anyone know, why xenons are so dimmed, my previous halogen set creates more light than xenons. I think bulb has come to end, or not just enough voltage(12v) to ballast. has anyone face same problems? My previous focus(MK1) has china angel eyes, and china xenons, and they are far better compare to MK2.5 xenons.

Are you sure you headlights are levelled correctly?

They are same level as halogen, or just little bit down. But after all light itself from optic looks dimmer than usual, both light produce less light than halogen. Just like they don't get enough voltage

I'd eye compared to another focuses on town and they are much brighter xenons.

When I got my xenons I also got the connectors. I notice on the wires compared to mine some wires were thinner.

Check the thickness of your wire compared to thickness of wiring schematics see if you find any wire thinner than it should be. Either that or maybe your ballast is faulty

So you think both ballast are faulty? Both light are like candles. Have to check wires. Loom from engine aresame as hid version, because there already has those levelling and hid control cables.

No I don't think they are. I think the wires are two thin. It's to possible your 10 pin loom is for halogen AFS and not HID

Can you see the cut of line on the lights? Park up facing a wall and see where you cut off line is.

Yes i see it, but i can get foto where i compare china se to oem

Here is some compare, center pattern is focus MK1, china headlight and china xenon, and of course ford oem left and right. See the pattern difference and brightness.

post-52548-0-92273600-1408483070_thumb.j

post-52548-0-41875300-1408483073_thumb.j

post-52548-0-58969800-1408483075_thumb.j

post-52548-0-19228300-1408483078_thumb.j

Are them pics from your car right now? From the pictures it looks like someone is using 2 types of ballests. Not headlights.

As tell earlier, left and right are my MK2.5, and to compare them to my previous MK1 china tuning headlamp and china xenon bulb and ballast. MK2.5 headlights are from scap yard buyed oems.

You are going to have to number the pictures. The bright white pictures should be ur focus mk2.5. If you light are yellow like in some of the pic that would mean they are not xenons. Did your mark 1 have projector lens or reflective?

Im sorry, but all pics are same, but taken with and without flash light. Oem d1s and mk1 h7 6000k all headlights are in pictures center and upper pattern are mk1 and lower left and right mk2.5.

I will get you a pic of my headlights and you can compare. My headlights are nice and bright. You may need to check your wiring.

Ok so i may have find solution, checked xenon bulbs, those are quite dimmed after all, so have to buy new set and 6000k temperature. I made a test with aftermarket xenon bulb and ballast and they make nicer pattern and brighter light.

Yes, but osram is expensive. I prefer quality than cheap crap :-) ;-) just checking osram or philips. Philips 6000k, not osram, maybe nightbreaker unlimited (4300k)

Last night just rolling idea my mind, maybe optics are too old, so that's why lights are so dimmed, I'd have to check that. Last time when I dismantle headlight, i saw something what make me smile, ford (visteon) has planned lights universal, there's a little switch so it can be used LHD or RHD as far i understand. I mean that 8M51-13D154-CD can be used both side of road. :) Another idea cross my mind, that i'd use external ballast and H7 compo.

nazsky786: Have you take the picture at your lights?