Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

As you can see, blurred lines and again poor luminances, think to get halogen back, they are much better with Osram nightbreakers.

post-52548-140899920438_thumb.jpg

Yh just behind but it best to the the panel that the switch sits in out to see it. Mega I think you need to replace your bulbs most likely the issue . Or use a multimeter and check the ballistic are giving enought power to ignite.

If you can't see I'd recommend taking the trim off and peeking up as you may be able to see it better...

I take it you don't have xenons yet your just looking to see if your able?

What trim spec are you?

Yeah i think too, but ballast is only ignite gas in bulb, and it maintained lower voltage.

Yh takes in 12 volts boost it to 240v normally to ignite the gas. Eithier you have no gas or low voltage. Multimeter is the only friend on this occasion as it will stop you wasting money replacing everything.

Thanks, i'll have look again tomorrow.

I have a RS just like yours. All RS has xenon. :)

Yh the module will be there on a RS . Is a RS a good car? I'm planning on buying one but never been able to ask anyone what it like.

Yh takes in 12 volts boost it to 240v normally to ignite the gas. Eithier you have no gas or low voltage. Multimeter is the only friend on this occasion as it will stop you wasting money replacing everything.

Yea, those buld what came with lights are differend pair, left side has philips and right osram. Headlight itself taken quite miles (in this case km 190tkm).

Yeah, Friday ill go buy Philips Bluevision Ultra, Cost quite of money (230€/pair)

Are you headlights Ford oem kit? So the Ford xenon bulb and ballast? You carnt really go wrong with Philips.

Are you headlights Ford oem kit? So the Ford xenon bulb and ballast? You carnt really go wrong with Philips.

Yes, Ford OEM actually original buld and ballast that came from factory are Osram. I don't want nothing else than OEM. Fitting is easy and problems are better to find when oem parts are used, if you know what i mean ;) :)

Yep replace them see what happens but shoulnt be anything major ( touchwood)

Yes on friday will see more, maybe (knock wood)

I think i buy, little cheaper bulbs first, so it has little less !Removed! off when it fail ( a pessimist not be disappointed)

Today i bought new bulbs, yes its cheapest, but less money :-) Evening will it better.

post-52548-140932191595_thumb.jpg

And finally find reason why DTC fail code, when id installed hid control harness, two wires has switched places. Fix them and clear DTC and calibrate lamps. Now i'd have to wait evening so i can see are they proper manually adjusted :-)

Little manual adjust have to be made, this pattern is from previous car where lamps are fitted. After all bulb change has huge difference. And propably more when good bulbs are fitted (osram of philips) ;) :) Or think also buy new lamps 120€/pcs @ Germany

post-52548-140933601338_thumb.jpg

How did you change the bulbs? There was a huge thread on here once about changing xenon bulbs no one knew how

How though? What were the procedures?

Easiest way, take headlight from structure, then center shield rubber, it reveals xenon bulb rear end, then turn bulb lock plastic clockwise (or counter clockwise) and take of cable which is connected to bulb. Little turn bulb horizontal to 9 o'clock then pull gently off and there you have it. Or same as mentioned and ballast 4 screws the bottom headlight, it helps to unlock plastic that hold bulb, theres no danger to with wire/cables, because they dont fit cross. Just take cables off, and theres more room for plastic lock to unlock bulb itself. Maybe today i do picture help for those who hasn't done ever this xenon bulb change :)

• Like 1

I have to deside order new pair of headlamps, those what i bought on salvage are too weared, reflector in optics has too dimmed even theres a new pair of bulbs. This based on what nazsky786 was shown of his lamps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club