Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration On Braking 2.

blue flash

Another problem has cropped on my car now. If I brake slowly brakes are no problem can feel the abs working that's ok. If I have to stand on the brakes, while doing 50+ I have headshake in the steering wheel. Funny thing is, it does not happen every time. Have bridgestone tyres on the front, pads and discs are good. And running 33psi in the 4 tyres. As always guys thanks for any advice, and always get good advice on here.

I would check the discs for uneven wearing aswell as the pads, could be the tracking maybe, or an out of balance wheel.

• Like 1

+1 with checking the discs, they may look ok but checking with a dial gauge will confirm if they are good or bad,also on a slow brake its unlikely that the abs would activate.

• Like 1

well have had a look at the discs as you guys suggested.and the nearside has a about a 1mm warp in it.so new set of mintex (or any suggestions on brake manufacture) discs going on it.as always thanks guys for your help.

Probably might as well either just get ford ones or which ever is the cheapest, might also pay to have new pads as they might have been the problem in the first place, a local ford dealer may sell both pads and discs at a slight discount.

I've had this a few times when I have bought 2nd hand cars. If new pads haven't been allowed to bed in properly (200 miles of easy braking) they overheat and go hard. You find that braking from higher speeds such as on slip roads you get the vibration through the steering wheel.

A set of new quality pads and taking it easy for a couple of hundred miles has always sorted it for me.

Have a look at your local Euro Car Parts, they tend to offer OEM equivelant at a lesser price, otherwise see what Ford will do them for.

went online today and bought pagid discs and pads £96 delivered from carparts4less.co.uk.should have them by the weekend. Cheers.

carparts4less are actually the sister company of euro car parts, sell exactly the same products, but normally for less price, so if you ever need a part, check euro car parts, then check car parts 4 less...

I bought a set of pads and disks for a mondeo for £40. However unless your disks are worn, it sounds like it was only the pads that needed doing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club