Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner.. What Should Be On My Shopping List?

karlos the jackal

Hello all..

I'm picking up my first Focus on Tuesday, a 59-plate Zetec 1.8 TDCi. I already have replacement heater control dials, a new gear knob and handbrake cover on order, but there's a few other things that I need..

Mud flaps, from what I've read the Focus is prone to sill damage, so mud flaps are a must. The Ford ones are pricey at over £40 a set, are there any aftermarket ones that are cheaper and just as good, or should I pony up for the Ford ones.

My new motor doesn't have any mats, again the premium Ford ones are expensive, what mats do you have in your Focus?

Oh and I only have a 12v power socket. Where can I get a proper ciggie lighter with a blue or red illuminated bezel?

Besides the above what else should be on every new Focus owner's shopping list?

Hi , welcome :-)

You will hear this a lot :-) but eBay is the best bet for most mods like that :-)

With regards to what else could you get/do check out the the project and builds you will see loads...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/89-ford-projects-and-builds/?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

Be careful you will want one thing after another :-P

Usual starting point is better bulbs, whether brighter headlights or LED sidelights and reverse/fog bulbs replaced with Cree bulbs.

Double clear fog/reverse lenses with a red Cree in the fog lens are nice for balancing up the appearance of the rear end.

I know my car is the Mk2 compared to your MK2.5 but many of my little modifications are still applicable to your car.

• Like 2

Ah yes I forgot bulbs, I'm going to make a start with the side lights.. is this what I'm looking for?

David are those E marked? i thought LED Bulbs them self cannot be e marked unless it's an entire unit?

Karl i can using a set of generic foot mats i picked up at a market for £20, front and back rubber mats, they are decent quality and look good. Or you could even try Halfords for some cheaper ones.

Thanks, I'm really looking for thick carpet mats with a heel pad. Either with a decent non-slip backing or has the fixings to stop them moving. Had a scary moment once when the accelerator got jammed under a mat!

Yeah if you're gonna go for cheap mats then carpet ones are not the way forward, extremely hard to clean and wear shows very fast. mine has the anti slip material on it with the spikes, Halfords have many different types

David are those E marked? i thought LED bulbs them self cannot be e marked unless it's an entire unit?

Karl i can using a set of generic foot mats i picked up at a market for £20, front and back rubber mats, they are decent quality and look good. Or you could even try halfords for some cheaper ones.

Never been pulled for them, and never known anyone who has to be honest. Let's face it if the old bill really want to pull my headlights apart then by all means they can do so.

I believe a Forum disclaimer is pertinent here-

The views expressed in the Ford Owners Club are solely those of individuals, (whether they are Staff or General Club Members), and do not represent the entire forum or guarantee the legality of any content (unless stated/verified as otherwise).

Members are recommended to check local laws before carrying out any modifications to vehicles that may invalidate warranties or insurance policies or leave a vehicle in an unsafe or non road legal condition.

It is your legal responsibility to inform your insurance company of any modifications carried out as not doing so may be considered fraud and again result in invalid insurance policies and prosecution.

Any information provided in this club is the personal view of Members and Staff and any damage caused to your vehicle or occurrences of legal problems because of information/guides followed are not the responsibility of the Forum.

If in doubt consult a Garage or Vehicle Expert.

(adapted from a provisional disclaimer first put forward by b1g_dav3 )

I like these shiny pedals:

IMG_8553webs_zps600e7591.jpg

A cheap nice mod :)

I like these shiny pedals:

IMG_8553webs_zps600e7591.jpg

A cheap nice mod :)

Nice! Having looked around I quite fancy the Ford ones that come with a footrest.

Damn, this is getting expensive! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club