Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H15 Uprade Bulbs

b1g_dav3

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in upgraded H15 bulbs?

• Yes, definitely would buy
    • Maybe, not too bothered
    • No thanks

Hey guys, I don't know if any of the Mk7.5 Facelift (2012+) folks have noticed but there is little support for an upgrade for the H15 bulb, except some covers that decrease the amount of light output.

Well with my poking around, I've noticed that a company called Autobulbs is trying to gather interest on the VW/Audi forum, and has posted the following:

Basically we wanted to know what you guys think about upgrade bulbs for H15 which is the High beam and your DRL day running lights

This has been brought up a few times recently but these are very rare and clearly we would want a quality product.
Our issue is if we do this with Ring or the like we will have a minimum order of over 500 so need to know you guys would be interested as its mainly for you!

If we get hold of white bright upgrade bulbs how many of you would be interested?

And then further into the post:

Just to keep you all up to date, the general view appears to be bright white leds for the side/DRL then stick to a halogen light for the full beam, this will obviously be white and bright but still maintain crisp clean lines and keep the response time as fast as possible.

Is that what you guys think or any other ideas?

Is anyone here interested in this? Added a little poll to the top just to see, and if anyone wants to post themselves on Autobulbs' thread, you need to sign up to their Forum and go to this link: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?142679-Gauging-interest-White-Upgrade-bulb-H15-DRL-high-beam-on-non-Xenon-Mk6-Golf/page3

Thanks for your time guys.

If you have a Titanium/Titanium X with LED DRL's, is he high beam still H15? I'd be interested in having white high beams.

High beam I believe is a H1, like the prefacelift.

Might as well count me in Dave, I have already installed Blue Vision dipped bulbs and side light bulbs which offer a crisp bright white light so the H15 might as well jump on the bandwagon

Might as well count me in Dave, I have already installed Blue Vision dipped bulbs and side light bulbs which offer a crisp bright white light so the H15 might as well jump on the bandwagon

Will do :P

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely interested in this :)

• 1 month later...

update from the VW/Audi Forum:

We have discussed with a few, we will probably be releasing upgrade halogen bulbs due to the price LED upgrades would be, creating a bulb that has LED for the DRL and halogen for the main beam is proving difficult. We have had significant progress on the upgrades though so stay tuned, I will update as soon as we start testing!

• 1 month later...

Are they any further forward on this? Just a cannot seem to find white h15 bulbs anywhere!!

I looked at the forum the other day no updates yet. Im guessing its still gonna be a while before they are released

• 2 months later...

Checked the VW/Audi forum again and still no real progress .

However, I have come across this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/109930/search?SearchText=h15&minPrice=&maxPrice=&filterAllSearch=false&freeShipCountry=

What do you guys think

First h15 bulb I have come across.... why do ford have to be so awkward :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah annoying isn't.

Im gonna order these as no other alternatives at the moment. checked the company profile and reviews , they seem legit. Will report back!

Let us know what there like and post some pics of them if you can :) interested in them myself.

Been in contact with the supplier, these bulbs will be available on eBay and amazon as of January/ February 2014

Just seen these... think they will be any good?

eBay number

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeh they'll be good quality light output, but still yellow halogen like what's already in standard

Already tried them and think there plastic s**t, don't fit in the lense holder without chopping, light output goes minimal, still see yellow through the middle, big blue thing in the light unit. And worst of all I nearly ripped the unit apart trying to get the stupid thing out. Personal preference though I suppose, I just want an upgraded bulb :(

True true. Took me ages to figure fitting it out. Cut my fingers a few times fitting these. And finally decided to cut it out so that it would fit.

At least no more of that yellowish DRL light..

Suppose, just personal preference made me take them out and put up with the yellow until an upgrade is available.

Just hope you manage to get them out okay if you decide to one day. I struggled like mad to pull them out with the bulb and not let them drop into the unit.

I just turn my headlights/sidelights on, it's so dull that I've had the headlights on through auto lights on for a good couple of weeks.

Suppose, just personal preference made me take them out and put up with the yellow until an upgrade is available.

Just hope you manage to get them out okay if you decide to one day. I struggled like mad to pull them out with the bulb and not let them drop into the unit.

Err. I dont know what you did, but mine came off easy. I removed them earlier to clean the lens coz my fingerprint was all over them while trying to fit them the other day.

After cutting the bottom part/metal of xtec lens, it would have a snug fit to the H15 bulb then you can just insert it back and remove it..

Hi,

I have also noticed that its impossible to obtain an upgrade halogen H15 bulb. I did find these from www.aliexpress.com but I don't know what they are like. Heres the link:-

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-XENCN-H15-12V15-55W-2500K-All-Season-Super-Light-Osram-Quality-Halogen-Car-Bulbs/1427759688.html

They are supposedly made by Osram and are 30% brighter then standard oem bulbs.

Phil

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club