Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H15 Uprade Bulbs

b1g_dav3

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in upgraded H15 bulbs?

• Yes, definitely would buy
    • Maybe, not too bothered
    • No thanks

Was looking on eBay earlier and there are sellers with HID h15 bulb conversions, obviously they wouldn't be legal and you'd need to get a pair of ballast but would be worth a try maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

^ depends on your model, on the ST for instance you have no hope in hell in getting ballasts in, there is no space behind the NS headlight to change even a bulb without taking the light out, Dipped beam for instance has about 8MM space behind it and the fuse box, Ford also forgot to mention there is a giant plastic and highly snappaple thing under the headlight when removing it, made the dealer provide me with a new one as they left it out of the manual, pulled it and SNAP!

but wouldn't fitting HID's suck as the H15 as they take time to warm up, so when you flash someone it wouldnt work properly? Correct me if I'm wrong lol :P

I've already installed the H7 HID's,

I've seen a lot people that just leave the ballasts visible in the engine bay and it looks crap IMO.

my ballasts are mounted under the headlight unit on each side (drivers side bolts to the horn bracket and passenger side has a nice slot between the washer bottle where u can sit the ballast into which is then covered once the headlight is back in.

Those clips will only break if you force the headlight in as they do slight back and forth

gotta admit i'm not looking forward to removing the headlights on my st to fit new H7's , hate the snapping noise they make !

That's one of the reasons I haven't ordered them as if yet, I know someone with a mk5 zetec S who has the h1 HIDs with both high and low beam but never seen him flash anyone, will be asking him later if I can have a look.

When HID's are turned on for the first time when cold there is an initial full brightness of the lamp before it goes dim and warms up.

but wouldn't fitting HID's suck as the H15 as they take time to warm up, so when you flash someone it wouldnt work properly? Correct me if I'm wrong lol :P

I think that's a myth to be honest, my pony old Clio 182 had Xenons and Auto Lights, they ALWAYS worked perfectly fine when they came on and off with no issues, such as tunnels you never noticed the beam change and it came on instantly,

Do Ford make a Fiesta with proper Xenon headlights though?

I think that's a myth to be honest, my pony old Clio 182 had Xenons and Auto Lights, they ALWAYS worked perfectly fine when they came on and off with no issues, such as tunnels you never noticed the beam change and it came on instantly,

Do Ford make a Fiesta with proper Xenon headlights though?

ah ok :) and no, I wish Xenons were an option!!! would be great

Any HID bulb will need warming up, weather it be an aftermarket kit or on a brand new Mercedes. You will always get the initial full brightness for 0.5 of a second before they go dim

Any HID bulb will need warming up, weather it be an aftermarket kit or on a brand new Mercedes. You will always get the initial full brightness for 0.5 of a second before they go dim

So there is no issue with them not being bright enough then?

OT anyone seen what Ze Germans Have?

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/dectane-ford-fiesta-rckleuchten-rotklar-p-171234.html

Want! I might mail them and ask when they have stuff out for the 7.5, LED rear lights for the win, they make headlights too.

So there is no issue with them not being bright enough then?

OT anyone seen what Ze Germans Have?

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/dectane-ford-fiesta-rckleuchten-rotklar-p-171234.html

Want! I might mail them and ask when they have stuff out for the 7.5, LED rear lights for the win, they make headlights too.

Thats the place I got mine from when I had my Citroën Saxo, can recommend!!

Would they not fit our 7.5's

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

think the wiring is different in the mk 7.5

• 3 weeks later...

Seen these on eBay. The blue tint looks thicker than the ones I tried a few months ago therefore the light will appear whiter, and a darn sight cheaper at £40 for the pair

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-55-15w-H15-7500K-XENON-HIGH-BEAM-DRL-BULBS-HEADLIGHT-VW-GOLF-MK6-VI-/351041426416?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51bbb313f0

Seen these on ebay. The blue tint looks thicker than the ones I tried a few months ago therefore the light will appear whiter, and a darn sight cheaper at £40 for the pair

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-55-15w-H15-7500K-XENON-HIGH-BEAM-DRL-BULBS-HEADLIGHT-VW-GOLF-MK6-VI-/351041426416?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51bbb313f0

If your trying them let me know how they are please matey

I'm not bothering with these got the led's on my St, just posting for anyone else who is interested

Sorry forgot you left us zs'ers :( Hahaa

• 4 weeks later...

Any thoughts on these?

post-52210-14018773661_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They look good as drl function as a bright cree bulb, but can't work out how the main beam function is built into them. So don't know if they'd be any good for flashing/main beam :(

Iv just ordered some new ones see how I get on with them.

£30 a pair though still, seen as it's only a blue coating I'd be really intrigued to see how much whiter if white they actually are. Need someone to be a guineapig :( Hahaa

Iv just ordered some new ones see how I get on with them.

You gone for the cree's or the auto bulbs ones ?

How are the cree's going to work though? Unless there is a halogen inside with just the top showing, but still, the LED is no way suitable for using as full beam

• Like 2

See what there like I can return if not as described