Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Power Nitro And 1.6 Focus

frostman83

Thought I'd put some in and this morning started it up was hesitant to start. Again this afternoon same thing. Doesn't start as sharply as on other fuel. Is the Ron 99 too high for this car

the standard 1.6 wont see any benefit from that fuel at all whereas the 1.6 ti vct responds well to the higher octane as its meant to run on 97 octane

Agh right I see. I only put it in as I had a voucher for money off you see.

So no real benefits at all then? Not even good to clean the engine out now and again

it does give the engine a bit of a clean but ford use this and i had it put in on my service makes a big difference http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORTE-PETROL-ENGINE-TREATMENT-RECOMMENDED-BY-SAAB-/251139557344?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a791587e0

I cant see how using v power would be pointless, i used to put it in my old 2004 focus 1.6 zetec petrol and it did sharpen up acceleration and smoothness of the tick over.

I was gonna ask the same question about using v power on my 2010 1.6 focus, i reckon shells premium always looks the best option higher octane + cleaning agents, has anyone used BP's ultimate or esso's super unleaded or tesco's momentum 99.

i dont think super juice can damage the newer car engines especially in the ford cars

Fifth gear tested them all Shell was tops the rest made little improvement the car feels better as the fuel burns cleaner power wise it does nothing unless its a turbo car so the new 1.0 ecoboost will benefit from it mines recomende to use super or super plus min 97 octane i use only Shell regular or optimax mainly optimax i mean its pointless from the point of you wont see much in the way of extra power if anything you will have a cleaner burn which will improve the power already there

I run my tuned st on v-power but in that you can tell a small difference it runs smoother on v-power because the ecu is modded to suit the higher octane fuel on a normal engine though its all in your mind trust me tried this out before on my old 1.6 and 2.0's

Perhaps its just a placebo effect that you think you have more performance from a smaller engine car, i have watched that 5th gear piece on the clio, golf gti and imprezza and yes it is very slight difference if any at all on smaller engine cars, but i use the super juice to try and improve the mpg and get a smoother ride which i can defo tell, i am going to try a few tanks of super and try and compare mpg to my trip computer to see if similar driving patterns can result in a better mpg with either fuel and if it covers the extra cost, we will wait and see.

Given its been tested its no pkacebo effect the simple fact is it burns cleaner optimizing the available power it does give better mpg thats also a tested fact

Long story short, if your running over 150bhp you might see more benefit from Super fuel, anything less than that, don't waste your money!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently driving a Seat Leon FR - 2.0 T. Its designed to use high octane fuel.

I use BP regular but on occasion have tried using BP Ultimate barely any difference (though on Fifth gear or whatever I watched Optimax performed better). I used to drive a Mazda 2.0 (which I believe is the same engine in the Focus 2.0 ???). When I tried high octane fuel it performed worse. I guess the engine reached its knock limit.

So, from that experience I realised that you can loose performance if the engine doesn't have an advanced (pun intended!) ignition system. The premium fuels does have better additives. But I doubt they would be in the concentration that you could buy and add to regular fuel.

I've yet to try high octane fuel on my wife's Type R (mainly cos' its actually fast enough for me on regular fuel).

Perhaps a topic for another thread is which fuel additives work (Forte, STP, etc) at cleaning your engine.

No standard car will see any benefit from the fuel unless the ECU can change its tune to suit. It is entirely in the mind.

The Nitro+ is a nice gimmick but that's all, unless you have a high performance (read high compression) engine any gains will be null and void. It may run cleaner purely because it will have gone through a finer refining process at the depot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club