Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ideas?

PhilipW

Hi all I have an 03 Mondeo 1.8 LX and it has 24k miles - I have had it for 2 years in August and only had 11k on it then. I have serviced it twice and due for another in July. Everything is sound but I just wanted to know if there is anything major I should look out for or change during this service? All usual stuff will be done but I just didn't want to touch anything if its not a problem currently?

Hi all I have an 03 Mondeo 1.8 LX and it has 24k miles - I have had it for 2 years in August and only had 11k on it then. I have serviced it twice and due for another in July. Everything is sound but I just wanted to know if there is anything major I should look out for or change during this service? All usual stuff will be done but I just didn't want to touch anything if its not a problem currently?

Hello!

Most things that need done, should be covered in the service, (though sometimes i am surprised what the omit eg - air filter change)

On some Petrol-engined Mondeos, there was a design fault where the throttle butterflies wore, fell apart and dropped small parts into the inlets, causing dropped valves/ engine seizing

Ford recalled many cars, and cars after a certain date had a modified design, or, the owners had the throttle butterfles removed and the small holes blocked up, it was even possible to buy modified inlet manifolds with this done online (on an exchange basis)

I would not be unduly concerned at this point (i don't even know if your car/ engine is one of them) put it would be worth checking to see if this could be a potential problem with your car, as a precaution.

I checked this out before I bought the car and the engine was created after the modification for that problem. It's still got the original exhaust on which is not in bad condition either. I painted everything underneath the car in oil last year an will do it again this year as a bit protection

It sounds like a really well looked after car, i think you have everything covered, there may be service items that may not be changed because the car has such a low mileage for its age,(ie- things that get replaced due to mileage, rather than age) but a part from that, its all good

Thanks a lot for the replies - my main issue when I bought it was whether it had a timing belt or not (I know it doesn't) so all the gubbins that need replaced are easy sourced and cheap - under the bonnet is a joke, I keep my cars immaculate but this was literally showroom standard no dust no splash marks nothing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club