Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

DanGersFord

Result :) had my renewal quote earlier £424odds and that was without any modifications added phoned them up there and got all my modifications added plus a courtesy car added and protected no claims and got it all for £415 which doesn't seem like much but considering all the stuff ive added on im quite chuffed that I got it cheaper than my original quote hehe

• Like 1

They didnt even argue I told them how much I was willing to pay and they agreed and offered me the no claims protection and courtesy car for the same price lol should have asked for it cheaper still lol

lol it is a result!

Who is your insurer?

Admiral matey. I was ragin last year as they took £165 out of my account and then told me about it after (after id already paid my renewal fee) because id done a search on gocompare with all my mods included to see how much it would cost me to get them added on even though I hadnt informed them that id done any mods when I renewed and they also tried to make out I didnt declare an accident id had in my works van again id noted this down on gocompare when I had actually told them on the phone when I renewed which they checked when I complained as they'd recorded the call and appologised. I just mentioned that this time and I think thats maybe why they didn't argue when I told them what I was willing to pay lol

Im with Admiral, and they charged me an extra £40 for my "sport lighting" cheeky beggers. Although I did push there renewal down and got key cover and protected no claims, and less excess and still paid £80 less than I would have done if I just accepted there renewal...

You've got to watch them like hawks honestly I moved from my parents house to my own appartment in a different area and they hit me with a £60 increase because apparently the area I was moving to was a higher risk area so I let it pass and just paid it. Then about 11 months later I moved back in with my parents and guess what thr tried to add another £60 on because apparently I was moving to a "higher risk area" bearing in mind it was the exact same address id moved from 11months ago. I brought this to their attention and argued it and they seemed to realise theyd been caught out and just let the fee slide lol. People who weren't so clued up would've just been ripped off its abit of a joke to be honest

Definitely! that is a bit of a cheeky effort...

Its actually a joke how they can con people and get away with it. I guaranteenif I was to go out and rip someone off id be taken to task for it

no doubt,

I see it this way, the insurance company is readily waiting to bend me over the desk, so I am more than happy to play games and get the price down. if they ask "who quoted you that really low insurance price" I tend to just make up an insurer, they dont tend to check, so just say "ok we can match that" or "the best we can do is X" in which case I feed the line "it might cost a little more, but I am happy to stay with you as its easier, and I trust you a bit more" lol...

Never fails!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i wish my insurance was that kind of price, i managed to get mine down from 2500 to 2200 but its still A LOT of money... but in your case thats a great result :)

• Like 1

are you a young / inexperienced driver per chance Mitchell?

are you a young / inexperienced driver per chance Mitchell?

maybe :P been driving for a 2 years now & I'm 19 years old

Isn't insurance just one big con and rip off? I've been paying all that money for years now and what have I got in return? Nothing! Biggest rip off going I tell ya!

Insurance companies should offer 25% of your premium back at the end of 12 months if you don't have any claims.

Thay would make everyone more cautious on the roads. :)

• Like 2

Stoney, that is a brilliant idea, but can't see it happening as they won't make as much money!

• Like 1

Im going to tell my insurance company that at next renewal lol can just see it now they'd probs send someone out to ramraid you just before you renew to make sure they didnt need to give you any money back lmao. It'd be like trying to get a brick to bleed lmao :lol:

• Like 1

Not like they don't earn enough out of us as it is?

If you think about it, we're paying for something we hope we never need.

It's like having a medicine cabinet full of anti-biotics that needs restocking every year just in case you might get the clap. :p

It is a very good idea, but the problem is those who abuse the insurance. Fraud plays such a part that the risk factor means that althought they are earning a lot, they are paying out a lot more than they ever did. If they started paying back premiums in any way shape or form they would drastically lose there profit margins then need to hike the prices to compensate...

Might email admiral later with that as a suggestion and see what they say lol