Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This?

highnoon1966

Picked up my 2008 1.6TDI Zetec Climate today and was wondering what this is and what you do with it?

DSCF3696_zps79087ed1.jpg

Also was wondering if anyone knows whether this particular year/model is fitted with a DPF?

Thanks in advance.

The thing in the picture is a microphone for a fully fitted car kit (pre- bluetooth, thee would be a cradle for the 'phone,) IMO.

Some 1.6 TDCIs had DPFs, some not, depending on the version/ BHP - what bhp/ PS is it?

The thing in the picture is a microphone for a fully fitted car kit (pre- bluetooth, thee would be a cradle for the 'phone,) IMO.

Some 1.6 TDCIs had DPFs, some not, depending on the version/ BHP - what bhp/ PS is it?

Thanks for the reply, I believe it is 90bhp and and the log book says it is 116g/km emissions. No sign of any phone mount or holes that might have been used to fix one though.

Thanks for the reply, I believe it is 90bhp and and the log book says it is 116g/km emissions. No sign of any phone mount or holes that might have been used to fix one though.

Some kits were cleverly mounted (ie, in vents/ special brackets that did not have to drill into anything) its possible the cradle was removed and the mic left - it looks very similar to the mic i had with my Nokia fully fitted kit (i could be wrong so probably best to leave it for now - just in case - if you look behind the stereo you might find the other (cut) end!)

I don't think the 90ps version har a DPF, (that was the 109), but may depend on year etc - you would neet to check with the Focus experts (im more of a Mondeo person myself)

Your car does not have a DPF, they weren't introduced on the Fiesta until 2010.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, most helpful.

Delved deeper into the car instruction book to find that the microphone fitted to the top of the 'A' pillar provides voice control of the audio system if you depress and hold in the 'mode' button on the steering column controls :)