Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 (Style) Seems Alot Noisy Then My Old Mk1

the shaymen

I've just acquired a second hand mk2.5 Style focus with 56k on compared to my old mk1.5 lx it seems alot more noisy in the cabin when driving at 50mph+ , it sounds like a diesel but is a 1600 petrol. is this normal ? . I also noticed on the engine rocker cover some screw holes were a plastic engine cover should/might go which could dampen down the noise. Should this model of come with a cover over the engine. Any feedback would be gratefully received as its bugging me abit at the mo. I expected it to be abit more quieter and refined been an updated model. I got the car from a ford dealership with mot & service just carried out.

The quitness is from fitting an engine undertray usually discarded by the dealers and theres a soundproofing pad fitted to the bonnet

The quitness is from fitting an engine undertray usually discarded by the dealers and theres a soundproofing pad fitted to the bonnet

Where can I get these from buddy

Cheers

Hi, I've also got a 1.6 100ps Focus and it is a pretty noisy unit - tappy and loud when revving it hard. Mine has the holes but never came with an engine cover. Would come in handy to protect the engine from leaky washer jets which seems to occur with some focuses.

The Style has less sound insulation than the other models. None of the 100ps engines came with an engine cover and the Style did not come with the bonnet insulation either. The Sport and Titanium models did have the under bonnet insulation so you could try a Main Dealer or breaker for the part. I cant remember if my old Style had the engine under tray or not, but again the Sport and Titanium models do.

I have the mk2.5 1.6 style and I agree, it is indeed quite loud vehicle.

I've recently started to notice a sort of grinding noise when accelerating. It hard to explain the noise. It could almost be described as a vibrating metal sounds but at the same time its like metal is being scrapped. Only when I accelerate. Doesen't occur all of the time but is noticeable from inside the cabin.

Has anyone experienced this sound?

I have the mk2.5 1.6 style and I agree, it is indeed quite loud vehicle.

I've recently started to notice a sort of grinding noise when accelerating. It hard to explain the noise. It could almost be described as a vibrating metal sounds but at the same time its like metal is being scrapped. Only when I accelerate. Doesen't occur all of the time but is noticeable from inside the cabin.

Has anyone experienced this sound?

So only when you apply throttle it makes this noise?

sounds like it could be a bit of an engine knock, what engine / fuel / transmission is it?

So only when you apply throttle it makes this noise?

sounds like it could be a bit of an engine knock, what engine / fuel / transmission is it?

Its a 1.6 petrol - Manual.

Its a 2008 mk2.5 style

Cheers.

p.s. Only makes the noise when in gear. If that helps, If i rev it when in neutral theres no noise other than the revs.

sounds like it could be due a gearbox oil change. That would be the cheapest place to start!

Other than that, there is the possibility that it is a clutch thrust bearing, so you may want to take it to an indie to have it confirmed.

Did you get any warranty with the car? If not, I recommend taking out an extended warranty to be on the safe side!

Hi You get this a lot in zetec engines when you slightly labour the engine a slight metal knocking noise, ford say its due to the oil for zetec engines is very thin part synthetic.

test drove a 2012 with 19000 miles and did the same. if you power through the gears you wont get it.

The engine undertray and soundproofing makes a big difference i also soundproofed the boot and under the rear seats its a lot quiter now but its quieter than most my old mans citroen is noisy at idle but quiet when driving