Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

Rear footwells done. Just piggybacked off my Illuminated scuff plates, rather than under the centre console, lazy I know lol.

20140119_164234_zps2e06f8b7.jpg

20140119_164154_zpsa98b9d0d.jpg

20140118_233846_zps58e1d96d.jpg

20140118_233836_zpsf4f8e114.jpg

20140118_233803_zpsae508528.jpg

20140118_233836_zpsf4f8e114.jpg

• Like 2

Project Stream is almost here. More details to come on Monday :D

So very excited

Ride looks pimp

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Me too :D it dounds frisky :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds*** edit does mot work on mobile app for me

• Like 1

Hahaha dunno bout frisky, but definitely something I been looking forward to :D :P

• Like 1

Well I finally gave up trying to find a break in the rain to take some pictures, but proud to show you guys what I've affectionately named Project Stream. :driving:

I've been planning this since the day I bought the Focus back in May 2013 and despite Project Stream sounding like something naughty), it has been 6 months in the making, putting aside a little money each month. :D

PIC HEAVY so multiple posts

BEFORE:

20131029_142848_zps351acf8e.jpg

and AFTER

20140130_135542_zps1e513726.jpg

18" Motec Stream alloys

Now they say a good set of alloys really improves the look of your car, and I am absolutely chuffed with these. Already been getting looks whilst driving around.

When the alloys arrived I cleaned them with some IPA wipes, allowed the to dry, then used two coats of FK1000P to wax the wheels. Leaves a nice protective layer on the alloys and nice shine.

20140128_121035_zps51e98287.jpg

Each wheel cleaned and waxed.

20140127_182207_zps80f107b5.jpg

20140127_182215_zpsa155c7ed.jpg

20140128_121020_zps4b630ee8.jpg

And I couldn't very well skimp on the tyres, so I bought 4 x Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance, 18" tyres from Camskill. Great EU rating and very good reviews. Only pesky thing was the annoying sticky labels the plastered all over the tyres. Nightmare to get off.

20140128_140502_zps1ca6931c.jpg

20140128_140511_zps8c770fe3.jpg

Had them fitted for £40 including balancing and new locking wheel nuts. The guy at the garage was commenting on how nice the alloys were and he then proceeded to show me his Corsa :o , proudly stating he only paid £500 for it.

Took every fibre in my being to not make a sarcastic comment :whistling:

20140128_155451_zpsfdc62864.jpg

20140128_155459_zpsf49383b7.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good, works well with the colour:) how about some black paint on the rear break drums to complete the clean look?

• Like 1

Nice wheels. Are you going to lower it?

Cheers mate, no plans to lower it just yet. But considering it for the future. Few more things planned which I want to do first.

I think it looks ok as is for now, but ofc lowering it would give it a meaner look and from what I hear improve handling. Still running in the new tyres, perfect weather for it LOL :driving:

Looking good, works well with the colour:) how about some black paint on the rear break drums to complete the clean look?

I'm getting it serviced at the end of February, think I may just replace all the brakes parts at the same time. Paint the callipers blue and debating whether the paint the discs/drums metallic silver or black. :D

Those rims look so good deffo transformed the car it flows with the grey and I must say well done on the tyre choice those are excellent tyres!! My next set will be exactly that in summer.

Good job ben

• Like 1

Those rims look so good deffo transformed the car it flows with the grey and I must say well done on the tyre choice those are excellent tyres!! My next set will be exactly that in summer.

Good job ben

Cheers man, yeah, had to get some decent tyres, you don't skimp on brakes or tyres when it comes to your car.

As soon as I saw them, I was like, have to get those :D

im liking how the wheels have improved the look of the car and will be watching this change over the coming monthes

• Like 1

Looking good mate, I see you went for the FK1000P. It's also great on paintwork and very durable especially in these conditions with salt on the roads

• Like 1

Looking good mate, I see you went for the FK1000P. It's also great on paintwork and very durable especially in these conditions with salt on the roads

Yeah its great stuff and loads in the tin. In the process of getting a snow foam lance, some Mfibre drying towels, mitts and cloths, some decent shampoo and a polish to go on before the FK1000P. Will be washing the car myself from now on ;)

Yeah its great stuff and loads in the tin. In the process of getting a snow foam lance, some Mfibre drying towels, mitts and cloths, some decent shampoo and a polish to go on before the FK1000P. Will be washing the car myself from now on ;)

Any ideas what you're going for?

Over on detailing world Autobrite do a group buy which is on all the time on HD snow foam lance and Magifoam combo which is a very very good foam. I've got some Magifoam and Chemical Guys no touch which are very good.

Have a look at Car Chem for shampoo,towels, mitts and cloths as they are very good but unless you're ordering a few items postage may seem high. If you subscribe to their newsletter they always send you links to offers

Failing that you could contact your local Autosmart rep for all your detailing needs however they only deal in 5l products so will get expensive quickly, especially once you get in the truck and start looking around.

When you say polish are looking to correct swirl marks and minor scratches by hand or by machine or just a good clean base before re waxing?

Also you can't beat a good clay before you set about polishing and waxing, bilt hamber clay is cheap and very good and you can use soy water as lube so no need for extra expense of a dedicated clay lube

• Like 1

Just recieved car chem newsletter as if by chane and there is 20% off using code save20 on all orders over £15

• Like 1

Any ideas what you're going for?

Over on detailing world Autobrite do a group buy which is on all the time on HD snow foam lance and Magifoam combo which is a very very good foam. I've got some Magifoam and Chemical Guys no touch which are very good.

Have a look at Car Chem for shampoo,towels, mitts and cloths as they are very good but unless you're ordering a few items postage may seem high. If you subscribe to their newsletter they always send you links to offers

Failing that you could contact your local Autosmart rep for all your detailing needs however they only deal in 5l products so will get expensive quickly, especially once you get in the truck and start looking around.

When you say polish are looking to correct swirl marks and minor scratches by hand or by machine or just a good clean base before re waxing?

Also you can't beat a good clay before you set about polishing and waxing, bilt hamber clay is cheap and very good and you can use soy water as lube so no need for extra expense of a dedicated clay lube

Well I've already got some Turtle Wax ICE Rapid Drying shampoo in the cupboard, heard good things about it.

I'll probably get the autobrite HD snow foam lance £40 combo on detailing world. looks good.

Towels, mitts and cloths, are ridiculously cheap in my local asda. There is also the allways the reliable eBay :D

Having trawled the detailing world site, seems a non oily polish/haze is good to put on, before you seal it with something like FK1000P. I was looking at Autoglym Super Polish Resin or Prigo Amiga I think it was called, but open to suggestions. I am also looking into claying but that's not particularly hard.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club