Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

It's mounted well. Any pics of your setup bro?

• Like 2

It's mounted well. Any pics of your setup bro?

Yeah coming soon. Not entirely happy with the mount, its the stick on mobius mount, with some added pads which grip the ceiling felt. But it will do for now, trying to get hold of the magnetised mount, but seems to be US only.

Here's a daytime video, you can see some of the stability issues, especially going over bumps or potholes.

It's a little shaky but tbh video is still not too bad

• Like 1

Hello Hyrule, I'm enjoying your thread. My car is a 56 plate in sea grey and I have got a few scuffs like you had.

How did you get on with the spray cans?

• Like 2

Hello Hyrule, I'm enjoying your thread. My car is a 56 plate in sea grey and I have got a few scuffs like you had.

How did you get on with the spray cans?

Hi David, glad you are enjoying my build thread. I've still got the odd scuffs/dents on my Focus, it will be the last thing I take of after I finish modding completely. I've used the Ford official spray cans, to colour code my bonnet lip and a few other bits. But for any major body work, I'd get it done professionally. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm going to try spraying a small scuff to see how I get on. I think it should be possible to get a good finish as long as I take my time preparing well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to finishing my guide on installing the rear mobius, so hopefully will help others considering doing it.

Here's some shots of the camera installed. As mentioned in the guide its quick n dirty, some video stability issues as its stuck to the roof lining, but overall gets the job done.

I'm experimenting with different mounts at the moment. More to come on that.

20141213_143320_zps02689c4e.jpg

20141213_143252_zps1c65d4c3.jpg

20141213_143214_zpsf7e31bba.jpg

20141213_143055_zpsce219ce3.jpg

• Like 2

Added a high level brake light cover today as well. Been sitting on the to-do list for awhile

Photo03-01-2015215338_zps772a2bf0.jpg

Photo03-01-2015215322_zpse5665af9.jpg

Photo03-01-2015215315_zpsaf6f82ae.jpg

Photo03-01-2015220317_zps06ddc248.jpg

Photo03-01-2015220316_zpsd76b2361.jpg

• Like 4

I'll bet it goes like a Bat out of hell since you've fitted that mate :)

• Like 3

Camera looks really smart i like it alot. I need to stop slacking with my rear view cam. very nice ben but from the uploaded video i thought the video was very stable.

Good job on the brake light batman :P

• Like 2

Camera looks really smart i like it alot. I need to stop slacking with my rear view cam. very nice ben but from the uploaded video i thought the video was very stable.

Good job on the brake light batman :P

Will look good in traffic on eh "Dark Knight"

I hope it doesn't inspire eh "Robin"

Please post us a link to where you eh "Gotham"

Do they accept eh Batman eh "Returns"

batman-cat-mask-1_zpscchtcx7_edit_142040

• Like 6

Haha, it took a couple of glances before I saw the cat on his head lol

• Like 4

Haha, it took a couple of glances before I saw the cat on his head lol

"Random Cat"
  • Like 6

Bought some new reg plate light holders as my current ones are very tatty and falling apart.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381102500641

Also bought this spring clamp mount to try on the rear mobius. Grips like a mutha, so should hopefully sort stability issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251745092177?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and finally grabbed an ST Upper Grille (honeycomb) design for £30 via http://www.finisfinder.com/

For any interested Finis no is: 1538478

Stay Tuned

• Like 2

Bought some new reg plate light holders as my current ones are very tatty and falling apart.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381102500641

Also bought this spring clamp mount to try on the rear mobius. Grips like a mutha, so should hopefully sort stability issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251745092177?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and finally grabbed an ST Upper Grille (honeycomb) design for £30 notes via http://www.finisfinder.com/

For any interested Finis no is: 1538478

Stay Tuned

Sweeett braw!!

I'll be needing one of those upper grills this year myself :)

• Like 1

I thought you had done that mod already Lenny?

• Like 1

I thought you had done that mod already Lenny?

No had a ZetecS one but goin ST

Gonna spray it gloss black to match lower grille and DRL's then fit, preferably without breaking the bonnet lock ;)

20150110_134717_zpsa4c884db.jpg

• Like 2

Gonna spray it gloss black to match lower grille and DRL's then fit, preferably without breaking the bonnet lock ;)

That's the Spirt :)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Been all quiet on the build front for awhile but few updates.

Had a muppet in a Prius taxi open the rear door without looking the other week. Took my passenger wing mirror clean off, the S badge and left a small dent/scratch on the panel work. :angry:

20150305_172958_zpsufcmboeo.jpg

And here's the damage to the taxi:

20150305_172747_zpsmmjm5noa.jpg

Taxi driver was very apologetic as not really his fault but stupid passenger. He didn't want to go through insurers so he gave me £200 after a bit of arm twisting. Bought a replacement mirror and S badge on eBay for £40 :D . Dent wasn't as bad as it initially looked, will get that sorted when I get the other odd marks etc sorted when my build is complete.

Had my brake pads and discs replaced as well, thanks to Mixmasterlooney for the heads up on the half price deal, pads and discs for £85. Took the opportunity to get the front calipers and rear drums painted:

20150322_181302_zpsutbafko6.jpg

20150322_181213_zps11yriwrb.jpg

20150322_181205_zpsarsqfvsh.jpg

20150322_181141_zpsf2gtuq7o.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club