Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

Looking good mate, shame about the mirror but least it's sorted. :)

• Like 3

looking good fella. shows how some people just don't think before they open car doors.

but at least you got the mirror fixed

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The car looking super sexy even after the mirror incident it's still looking sexy lol

• Like 1

The car looking super sexy even after the mirror incident it's still looking sexy lol

I try mate. MOT today then looking towards the upper grille.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year's. Haven't done anything to my Focus since spring last year, been ridiculously busy, but finally got round to fitting my ST upper grille, painted gloss black. I had a panic moment where the bonnet locked and wouldn't open, but thankfully looking through the guides, sorted it :wub: .

Some pics below, i'll upload some others later of it fitted in the daylight.

20160102_165052_zpsuhikqxrx.jpg

20160102_165048_zpsc4zuwckt.jpg

20160102_174941_zps6x8vinax.jpg

20160102_174947_zps87pllmeo.jpg

• Like 2

Cars is looking good liking the gloss black grille aswell. Have you thought of getting a honeycomb one for the lower grille aswell?

• Like 2

Cars is looking good liking the gloss black grille aswell. Have you thought of getting a honeycomb one for the lower grille aswell?

Thanks mate, nah I prefer the Zetec S Sports grille I fitted to the ST honeycomb one ;)

• Like 2

Fair enough, I plan on spraying all my grilles black, I have the prefacelift St ones so honeycomb isn't a option which sucks as I prefer it

• Like 2

Fair enough, I plan on spraying all my grilles black, I have the prefacelift St ones so honeycomb isn't a option which sucks as I prefer it

Ah cool, you planning on spraying yourself or getting a bodyshop to do it? I did the upper grille myself, the lower one I had done at a bodyshop.

Gonna do it myself had a few mates that did it and it looks good. I was thinking of getting it done professional but for what they are I don't mind if it's not perfect.

• Like 2

Hi buddy.. Nice to see you back around and having bits done again.. Fingers crossed you'll find the time this year to get those other bits done ;)

• Like 1

looking good and love the gloss black st grill and great to see you back.

can I as ask what steps you done to paint your upper grill gloss black as I might be tempted to have a go at doing mine.

• Like 1

looking good and love the gloss black st grill and great to see you back.

can I as ask what steps you done to paint your upper grill gloss black as I might be tempted to have a go at doing mine.

Cheers mate, sure.

Cleaned the grille with warm water and soap, then lightly sanded it, to give the primer something to adhere to.

3 coats of plastic primer (20minute intervals between coats). Left it for 24hours to harden

Another light sanding, then 3 coats of high gloss black paint (20minute intervals between coats). Left for 24hours to harden. (i left mine for prob 48hours as it was over the xmas period.

Finally a very very light sanding to iron out any imperfections. You would worry this would remove the glossy finish from the paint but don't worry.

3 coats of lacquer (20min intervals between coats). Left to harden for 24hours. The lacquer gives it that lovely shiny gloss as well as protecting from the elements.

The above is a rough guide of what I did, but should work for most car plastics.

• Like 1

cheers for that mate might give it a go in the spring

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One side of the ST side skirt turned up today. Didn't realise how big the thing was. :tongue:

Here's the box:

20160217_194925_zpszsebctxd.jpg

And unboxed:

20160217_195412_zpsnn0qbchf.jpg

Just waiting on the other side :laugh:, but bit of a steal at £60 on eBay and in very good condition.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Finally got round to fitting the ST Side Skirts this weekend, to finish off the Zetec S look. The weather was playing chicken with me on Sat, rain for 10mins, stop for 30mins, rain again, rinse and repeat. :smile:

I'll knock up a guide at some point for anyone interested in fitting the ST side skirts to an MK2.5.

I removed the existing panels which are screwed into the body under the doors. There is alot of dirt and grim accumulated underneath these panels so be prepared.

Gave the area a good clean and sized up the skirts against the Focus. I used black Tiger Seal on the side skirts before fitting them with some helping hands (thanks Kurt aka MixMasterLooney). They have been left to harden for 48 hours so no driving. :sad:

Here's pictures without the skirts:

20160625_152516_zpsqijqgey3.jpg

20160625_152502_zpsnebfwgdj.jpg

20160625_152442_zpsnwlraua6.jpg

20160625_155913_zpshaf9wdun.jpg

20160625_153449_zps2igggowh.jpg

I'll upload the pictures with the skirts fitted tomorrow. :smile:

the car is looking as good as ever but do I spy a dent in the near side rear wing? cant wait to see the pics when the skirts are fitted.

think I may have to undo the existing panels on mine just to give it a good clean ha ha

• Like 1

Alas yes, there is a dent on the drivers' side rear panel, ironically where the side skirt fits over. There is also a dent on the rear wheel arch on the passengers side. 

I'll probably have them repaired at the bodyshop later this year.

Side Skirts really complete the look, very happy with how they have turned out. Nice strong bond having left it for two days now, and Tiger Seal black blends in nicely with the Sea Grey colour.

I thought I spotted a dent oppps.

any pics of the skirts fitted yet mate?

Yeah finally got round to uploading them. Incoming picture-fest :smile:

20160704_1840430_zps2nfb3rzw.jpg

20160704_184034_zpspil42exz.jpg

20160704_184030_zpspsgzhbao.jpg

20160704_184023_zps0dqsbxii.jpg

20160704_184015_zps3yrlsqvh.jpg

20160704_1839560_zpsddubpm0v.jpg

20160704_183951_zpsyylg64ft.jpg

• Like 1