Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Zs Soon, Need Opinions On The Packages

First post on the forum so hello to you all.

I'm going to purchase a nearly new Zetec S fairly soon. I've been reading through all the stock equipment and it seems a little disappointing if anything.

The kind of things I'd want are:

- In-built Sat Nav

- bluetooth

- Reversing cameras

I've noticed that the cars I have looked at so far, although new, rarely feature any of these modifications, if any, I've put this down to being bog standard ones that the manufacturers send out.

What kind of price would be looking at for the above upgrades? What else would you recommend that doesn't come as standard?

All help appreciated,

Chris.

Most will have bluetooth and/or USB.

I think hardly any will have satnav or camera as it was a £300/400 option.

Sat nav, download something for your phone, reverse camera.... It's a fiesta not a bus, £800 saving, go on holiday.

I don't want to boast, but I will :), decided to take a look in my local Ford dealer, as I am on options, to see about what my next car could be, i looked at a Fiesta ZS, it had been sitting in the showroom for awhile, and they needed to shift it, so I put down a deposit, so a ZS worth £17500, is going to be mine for £15000.

I paid nothing for the following, they were already on the car, although Race Red you get free anyway.

It has.....

Race Red Paintwork

Full Leather Interior

Navigation System

Privacy Glass

Front & Rear mats

City Pack

17" Alloy Wheels

Heated seats

Well chuffed, 2 weeks to wait now.

Wow, sounds like you got a great deal! Let me know what its like when you get it, I'd love to have the leather interior, nav system and heated seats!

mine:

sony 8 speaker radio

heated screen and seats

17 alloys

spare wheel

automatic lights andwipers

as said above, sat nav you can get alot better for half the price

Camera, well same thing its not a bus lol

• Like 1

mine:

sony 8 speaker radio

heated screen and seats

17 alloys

spare wheel

automatic lights andwipers

as said above, sat nav you can get alot better for half the price

Camera, well same thing its not a bus lol

I didn't pay for these, as they were already on the ZS, it'd be rude not to turn this deal down eh ;)

well essentially they are in the price you paid. With my options i paid 15 500€ for the car... oh and i forgot the privacy glass..

the only thing you are probably getting free is the leather seats... which here in france is a 1200€ option

edit: oh i see what you meant, you were saying you didnt pay for them cause they are already on the car. i didn't see you mentionned city pack... =). Makes the offer even better IMO go for it

Not much to boast about if you ask me. I just picked up a Fiesta Metal with only 5k on the clock, push button start, privacy glass and a Sony DAB radio for just over £11 grand.

Four grand less for a better car which is still practically brand new, a second and a half quicker from 0-60, much nicer sounding exhaust, and features a Sony DAB stereo worth £500. It's also limited edition. And the front end looks nicer than the facelift ZS IMHO.

Couldn't care less about built in Sat Nav as I brought the tomtom app for my iPhone for only 30 quid, which still speaks directions over bluetooth.

Personally I would never buy brand new.

I don't want to boast, but I will :), decided to take a look in my local Ford dealer, as I am on options, to see about what my next car could be, i looked at a Fiesta ZS, it had been sitting in the showroom for awhile, and they needed to shift it, so I put down a deposit, so a ZS worth £17500, is going to be mine for £15000.
It has.....
Race Red Paintwork
Full Leather Interior
Navigation System
Privacy Glass
City Pack
17" Alloy Wheels
Heated seats
Well chuffed, 2 weeks to wait now.

well essentially they are in the price you paid. With my options i paid 15 500€ for the car... oh and i forgot the privacy glass..

the only thing you are probably getting free is the leather seats... which here in france is a 1200€ option

edit: oh i see what you meant, you were saying you didnt pay for them cause they are already on the car. i didn't see you mentionned city pack... =). Makes the offer even better IMO go for it

Didn't make it clear really did I, but still looking forward to getting it.

Enjoying yours?

Not much to boast about if you ask me. I just picked up a Fiesta Metal with only 5k on the clock, push button start, privacy glass and a Sony DAB radio for just over £11 grand.

Four grand less for a better car which is still practically brand new, a second and a half quicker from 0-60, much nicer sounding exhaust, and features a Sony DAB stereo worth £500. It's also limited edition. And the front end looks nicer than the facelift ZS IMHO.

Couldn't care less about built in Sat Nav as I brought the TomTom app for my iPhone for only 30 quid, which still speaks directions over Bluetooth.

Personally I would never buy brand new.

Well I had a 59 reg Zetec S Fiesta, a great little car anyway, but this new one has a much better feel to the interior, not because of the leather, but as a whole.

The Metal does look sweet though, and hope you get a lot of fun out of it, because they do drive incredibly well.

Sorry 000, seems I've inadvertently hijacked your post.

I'd say go for what YOU want, and what you can afford. Everyone has their own feelings on this, but at the end of the day it's your decision.

Well I had a 59 reg Zetec S Fiesta, a great little car anyway, but this new one has a much better feel to the interior, not because of the leather, but as a whole.

The Metal does look sweet though, and hope you get a lot of fun out of it, because they do drive incredibly well.

Apologies as I didn't read your post properly, just realised the price was in Euros. Although you still paid about £1800 more than me. Each to their own I guess. I personally wouldn't pay over thirteen grand for new car that will depreciate so fast within the first two years of ownership. Unless you're on a finance deal in which case you're technically leasing the car off the finance company until the balance is paid off.

Yeah finance is acceptable. The Ford Options plan is really good from what I've been 'sold' anyway, although there is probably a reason why every sales person in the showroom was selling it. Would never spend more than 13k on a non-sparts car if it wasn't new and financed. Flush a few grand away driving it off the forecourt.

Got free cruise control. Dealer threw it in the package as a small gift and never told me until I saw the buttons on the steering wheel :)

Cruise Control in a ZS? I didn't even think it was an option?

Yes It is lol well at least here in France it is. I noticed on the uk website that you guys don't have all the options I could choose from. At least that's just by comparing the websites. I was looking for info on the Sony 8 speaker radio on the zs as an option but couldn't find it in the options list on ford uk. Found that pretty strange

Yes It is lol well at least here in France it is. I noticed on the uk website that you guys don't have all the options I could choose from. At least that's just by comparing the websites. I was looking for info on the Sony 8 speaker radio on the zs as an option but couldn't find it in the options list on ford uk. Found that pretty strange

Very odd, you'd think it'd make business sense to have a 'one size fits all', but I guess all of that goes out of the window for UK cars that have RHD, even so, seems a lot more work to change the options depending on country, if the ZS had cruise control, I would have went with that instead of the Tit.

Well you can get the tit with dres up kit right? Won't be lowered and such but same shape at least lol. Unless you prefer the front chrome grill. Yeah I thought that options would be same. Maybe on paper they are the same and on Internet not all are visible, I don't know.

Cruise control was 200 e option and I never use it even when driving 45 min motorway just to go too work. ... But I ain't complaining I might get used to it and use it a little more if it makes better mpg for me

Yeah got the dressup kit on my Tit, didn't exactly want it lowered as at work the work spacing requires you to go up a curb (can't get it dipped as it is right next to a bus station), would break my heart to hear it scraping. Never used cruise control but my right foot is so random I can't get it to a steady speed, reckon I'd use it a lot of it is simple to use.

Yeah it's simple works nice and responds nicely to the buttons you press to adjust your speed. I find that doing really long trips, like going down to Spain this summer (12 hours) and usin the cruise control makes me more tired lol. You put it on and then take you foot of the accelerator and then do nothing. I find that a bit boring but that's just me lol. Like said its on a really long drive.

Works nice though dot think you will be dissapoimted. Does the dress up kit come with chrome of honeycomb grill?

Naa Chromed grille, which I prefer, less plastic or moreover less plastic looking is always good in my opinion, really don't like the ZS grille much.