Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk7 Fiesta Titanium Diary

mattiff

Liking the thread, lots of inspiration to pull my finger out with mine. :)

Well bit of work done today. Managed to get the leather interior I bought off eBay fitted. It was extremely easy to do, literally four bolts for each front seat and pushing a lever on each side of the rear ones and done. Anyway here is the piccys.

06986054f42e18aa0884351ca775cc25_zpsa8ca

aa83a33ec167c6670239421768be0a74_zps811e

f22d8a5804bbd94cbb048b55943b185f_zpsc2e5

03d7a62d7e72180ebd4ced8298e61064_zps70f7

Lovely feel to them and they're heated too. Still have that great smell to them as well.

• Like 2

Looking sweet mate,

You will have to get a gear gait or with matching stitch

How much were they and do the do focus ones ?

Cheers, i do love them, I do like gave leather seats in any of my cars. The gear gaiter is matching, look at the third pic again. I do however want to get the steering wheel re trimmed to match now :).

No idea if they a similar style for the Focus, but they may well do as I can't see it being exclusive to the Fiesta. I just got lucky with this set when keeping my eyes on eBay.

• Like 1

Nice, you need to get the handbrake done now, would finish off the interior nicely, I had it done on my old Fiesta, looks much better than the standard plastic one:

tng_1347205131__dsc_0159m.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, you need to get the handbrake done now, would finish off the interior nicely, I had it done on my old Fiesta, looks much better than the standard plastic one:

tng_1347205131__dsc_0159m.jpg

Nice, how did you go about that? I thought all the Mk7 fiesta's had hard plastic handbrake handles.

Its the leather handbrake from the interior pack.

I got my local dealer to supply and fit as the entire lever has to be replaced, which involves disconnecting the handbrake cable, removing the front seat.

Cost me no more than £200-250 all in from memory.

Damn you, I now want this.

Hehe, the disadvantage of coming on forums, I have done a fair bit to my Fiesta and Focus I'd never have done without coming on here. :lol:

• Like 1

Alex, do you have any part numbers for the handbrake?

Bailey, already got the illuminated gear knob on my wish list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Right then, can't believe that I haven't touched the car since July. The weather here in West Wales has been awful which hasn't helped. But plans are afoot. I haven't wanted to fit the scuff plates yet purely as it's been so miserable here that I can't strip the interior for the wiring, but have gotten sick of them siting in the garage so will take the car to work on a day and do them then. But another job I have planned is that since fitting the interior my steering wheel doesn't as nice anymore. So this was purchased today off eBay:

848d0d956863a640a58356e2491c9432_zpsc971

When that arrives it's going straight off to be re trimmed mmmm lovely. More updates soon.

Thought I'd get a job done today that has been one I should have done a long time ago but have simply not bothered. When I bought the illuminated scuff plates you'll recall the one of them had loads of ripped and torn adhesive tape from where it had obviously been fitted. Now the plates are designed to obviously sit flush on the bodywork but if I simply went with more tape on top they wouldn't and there would be potential for dirt etc to get underneath. So got the gelsol out the garage and gave it a liberal coating.

DSCN0011_zpscded677e.jpg

I then went and had a bash on Forza whilst that had a good soak. Came back a bit later and carefully pulled off all the old adhesive tape with a butter knife. Cleaned it up nicely and was ready for the new tape. I stupidly forgot to take a pic of the clean underside but this is it with the new tape.

DSCN0012_zpsfdb6b7c0.jpg

This picture shows you what I mean about the tape and the fact that it sits flush when you see it against the tape it comes with.

DSCN0013_zps1248db5f.jpg

Hopefully if the weather is good on Sunday I'll get it wired up. They will be fitted then at the least.

Is that leather interior you bought black or like a bluey colour?

Also out of interest how much is it costing you to get the wheel re trimmed of you dont mind me askin

Leather interior is black, I do want to change dash etc to a black one as I don't like my two tone bluey one. Cost of retrim isn't finalised yet as I may change an aspect of it. Should be just over £100.

Ahh your lucky. My interior is all that weird two tone blue. I was thinking of getting it covered in alcantara at some point.

Ah ok cheers mate, I've wanted to get mine retrimmed in suede for a while

Yeah my dash and door panels are the same two tone blue, I will be changing them for black in time.

Right well this morning I fitted the scuff plates, sadly a combination of too much wine last night and lots of football on the telly has meant I didn't attempt to wire them in but just got them fitted in place ready for that at a later date.

First job was to clean the skirts.

c92ebcbecfa7073413dc94383a382b86_zpsbf0e

Thankfully the adhesive tape I bought seems pretty strong, certainly strong enough to hold these down. There pretty easy to fit as they have a ridge where they sit all along the same ridge on the skirt. Gave them a polish after I had them in place.

91f1e1013c4deb74151c87983978e632_zps12ce

6290e56b4d98af5ab7bbf53ffe3cfa93_zpsccdc

Other side.

c716add99590bb239f01a2d6d1f3accc_zpsb290

052db7582b26b6992dc4b42164b7f5cb_zpsa90a

Looking forward to them being lit up at night, but for now it's an afternoon feeling sorry for myself on the sofa.

• 3 weeks later...

So today I decided to take the car into work as I wanted to make sure the scuff plates worked, we have a few batteries lying around to be able to test them. I should have done it ages ago, well straight after they arrived really lol. So connected the up to a battery sat next to the car and viola!!

A26D734C-8C1F-4245-8253-00C7B2926EAF_zps

3604581C-5EBC-403A-B853-2B751B7F94C7_zps

E757B02F-8874-4C03-A5D9-D64F9D25EBFF_zps

A749F88D-69F7-402B-A871-57B5D68E22CF_zps

Excuse the poor photos but they were taken on my iPhone 3GS which is showing its age now. Chuffed they do work and will get them properly wired in when it actually stops raining which should be in about six months lol.

So, whilst I'm waiting for the rain to subside enough to wire in the scuff plates I decided on a cheeky little mod to compliment the seats I fitted. Was a pretty cheap one at £15 posted off eBay so thought why not. I went with some seat belt stalk covers, I appreciate these might be a "marmite" addition but at the moment I like them.

2a2f98b5eeb7e50942807319616530d9_zpsb40d

d7a15f9cd2d709da0d9d3fb705fc71c1_zpseaf9

241095dfedb544b281a4547499029cff_zps0331

The quality of them is good but not amazing, loose Velcro bits for instance. I just need to snip the bits exposed and I'm going to sew the top together to stop the edges sticking out. All they need is a little bit of double sided tape to keep them secure.

Re trimmed steering wheel should be here by Monday, properly excited about that.

To be fair those seat belt stalk covers look decent, I've thought about getting a set for a while but wasn't sure how they would look

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club