Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Resetting The Heating System Buttons - Procedure Needed

stuu56

I disconnected the car`s batter on my 56-plate mk3 tdci 130 and on reconnecting it, all 3 blower direction control buttons in a row now come on and stay on and also my A/C won`t come on. Someone said there`s a reset procedure by pressing the buttons in a certain way. Can anyone supply me with this procedure?

Big thanks!

Stu

Activation of self-diagnosis

With the ignition switched on to position 2, on the E(A)TC module, PRESS the "OFF" and "FOOTWELL" buttons simultaneously very briefly, then PRESS "AUTO" within 1.5 seconds. The self-diagnosis which then starts lasts a few seconds. An animated display appears in the E(A)TC display during this time. Any faults found are displayed in the form of trouble codes. Example: First of all, "93" flashes for 2 seconds, then "42" flashes for 2 seconds - DTC 9342. If no faults are stored, then all of the segments in the display are actuated. Diagnosis mode can be stopped at any time by PRESSING any button on the E(A)TC module. Note: If the "DEFROST" button is pressed to end the diagnosis mode, all DTCs in the fault memory will be deleted!

Fault Codes

B1200 Any button of the air conditioning system Button jammed/stuck

B1242 Air recirculation flap: fault in the circuit Open circuit/short circuit

B1251 Interior temperature sensor: open circuit Check the wire and the sensor

B1253 Interior temperature sensor: short to earth Check the wire and the sensor

B1261 Sun load sensor short to earth Check the wire and the sensor

B1262 Air distribution flap - defrost fault in the Check the wiring; defrost flap circuit positioning motor

B1263 Air distribution flap - centre vents: fault Check the wiring; centre vents in the circuit positioning motor

B1342 Automatic climate control module inoperative The trouble code is set in the event

of failure.

B1676 Insufficient battery voltage battery voltage not in the range 9 - 16V

B2266 Temperature flap: fault in the circuit Check the wiring and the temperature flap positioning motor

B2297 Heater housing outlet sensor: open circuit Check the wiring and the sensor

B2298 Heater housing outlet sensor: short to earth Check the wiring and the sensor

B2308 Interior temperature sensor for the fan Damaged motor or open circuit motor inoperative

B2516 Blower: fault in the circuit Damaged motor or open circuit

Retrieved from (Ford Wiki)

• 5 years later...

My Mondeo MK3 2006 does not have an 'Auto' button. Where the 'Auto' button is shown on diagrams, I have an 'On' button and pressing this instead does nothing.