Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Speakers? Where Would They Be Located?

FiestaZS90150

Hi,

i am picking up tomorrow my new 2013 Fiesta Zetec S. As an option i took the sony radio which had 8 Speakers. Now yesterday i went down to the dealers and looked at the car and i only found the normal speaker grills in the front doors and the two on the rear. ... Menaing i only found 4 grills. Does this mean there are 2 Speakers behind each grill or are they somewhere else?

Does anyone have this on there car?

I checked Ford UK and you guys dont have this option apparently on the new fiesta....

cheers

Nick

I have the Fiesta Metal with the Sony DAB Stereo and I noticed that the bass drivers have metal cones whereas on my old ZS they were made of something else.

They are probably counting the tweeters next to the door pull handles as Speakers. As far as I know there are a pair of tweeters and drivers for each corner.

Sounds awesome by the way! The system can handle bass a lot better than the standard set up, and the DAB transforms radio music. The headunit looks much nicer too IMHO.

I have the Fiesta Metal with the Sony DAB Stereo and I noticed that the bass drivers have metal cones whereas on my old ZS they were made of something else.

They are probably counting the tweeters next to the door pull handles as speakers. As far as I know there are a pair of tweeters and drivers for each corner.

Sounds awesome by the way! The system can handle bass a lot better than the standard set up, and the DAB transforms radio music. The headunit looks much nicer too IMHO.

Think I must be in the minority to think the Ford stereo looks better than the Sony one. The Ford FM stereo has the buttons laid out much better, and are more in-dash than the Sony one that has buttons which stick out. I also prefer the number pad actually being a phone-esque number pad rather than what seems to be an afterthought on the Sony, laid out in just one line. Still, I am sure the DAB and audio quality makes up for the looks and will probably age better (judging by the awful tape/CD players of the mk4 fiesta and mk1 focus)

Think I must be in the minority to think the Ford stereo looks better than the Sony one. The Ford FM stereo has the buttons laid out much better, and are more in-dash than the Sony one that has buttons which stick out. I also prefer the number pad actually being a phone-esque number pad rather than what seems to be an afterthought on the Sony, laid out in just one line. Still, I am sure the DAB and audio quality makes up for the looks and will probably age better (judging by the awful tape/CD players of the mk4 fiesta and mk1 focus)

i think you are lol. I drove 2 years with my mothers prefacelift fiesta with that keyboard on the stadard radio. And all i have to say is that i never used it... never used the bluetooth niether

They are probably counting the tweeters next to the door pull handles as speakers. As far as I know there are a pair of tweeters and drivers for each corner.

whats the DAB?

I Checked the car yesterday. I have grills on the front door card and then grills on the back. There is no grill next to the door handle on the front doors...

whats the DAB?

I Checked the car yesterday. I have grills on the front door card and then grills on the back. There is no grill next to the door handle on the front doors...

Behind the inside door handle, that triangle, wedge shaped bit is the front tweeter. Next time you're driving listening to the stereo, put your hand over it and you'll notice that the treble will disappear.

Behind the inside door handle, that triangle, wedge shaped bit is the front tweeter. Next time you're driving listening to the stereo, put your hand over it and you'll notice that the treble will disappear.

i think that on the prefaceilft there is a small grill right next to the doro handle right? is that the wedge shape you are tlaking about?

Unless you actually want to dial manually (which you can't sensibly do when you're driving anyway), I think the standard number pad layout isn't a good use of space. If I want to dial a particular number you can use the voice activation command: "Phone" > "Dial Number" > "...speak number..." and hey presto. Or if you have taught the car phonebook entries use the "Phone" > "Name" > "...speak name" command.

• Like 1

i think that on the prefaceilft there is a small grill right next to the doro handle right? is that the wedge shape you are tlaking about?

As far as I know it's on all the 2009 MK7's

yeah my mothers has them. The thing is yesterday i checked and didnt see them... Will check again tomorrow afternoon when picking up the car=)

adding on to the sony or not stereo i think that the sony screen color screen is fab. beats by far the original one with only blue lettering on black. I love it, looks just like a tv

well there must be double Speakers behing one of the grills cause i also have the tweaters on the top of the door near the handles. Which i didnt see. I'm not going to take the door cards off just too check though lol

The main Speakers may be standard size with smaller cones mounted in front of the baffles.

Main Speakers as un the front door card ones?

WHats the cones?

Sorry no knowledge un audio lol

I've been listening to the sound from the Sony for a few days and I'm not convinced, songs that I am very familiar with don't sound right, it sounds like I'm in a stadium. I've tried tinkering with the EQ but I just can't get it to sound 'right'. That said the Speakers sound better quality and the bass response is better.

I have found that even stock stereo system in fiestas are pretty good actually. But thought the Sony looked way better and that you couldn't go wrong with a Sony system :). I don't have any problem with strange music the only thing I changed on the eq were the bass's and mediums a little an that's it neither than that I turn of the radio too listen too the turbo lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club