Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Would You Do?

schematikgnu

I bought a second hand Focus from an Evans Halshaw garage coming up four weeks ago and ever since i've had nothing but issues with them.

A long story short, they've messed the finance documents up more than once, they NEVER return calls, they've lied about the car been ready and then 'suddenly' realised that it's got a private plate on which needs to be taken off.

Anyway, the car is now ready and i go to pick it up tomorrow, however due to all the chasing i've had to do since i ordered the car, they promised me weeks ago that i could have a tank of Diesel and the PureGard/interior protection done for free. Last week i got a call to say that all the paint/interior protection will be done, yet they can't give me a full tank of fuel but will put an extra £20-£40 in for me (on top of the £16 i've already paid for).. When i get there tomorrow, if the extra fuel isn't in, would you argue the point and make sure you get it, or would you just walk away and get out of there as fast as you can?

Personally I would walk away ASAP!

Look at how much they've mucked you about BEFORE you've even got the car, imagine what might happen if there are problems after you got it.

Walk away, sounds like you have a terrible local dealer there.

Id agree with the above, walk away and go somewhere else

Ask for the Fuel, how hard can it be for them to nip it to a fuel station or get a can out while you wait they will have at least 400 master mechanics waiting to use the IDS laptop, one of them will do it while they wait. If you walk away they win the war, you arent paying good money for a bad level of service also take the managers name and report them to Ford UK they may offer some sort of compensation.

I would certainly say Walk Away! as has been mentioned, this is there pre customer service, I dread to think what will happen when you need to call on them for a repair...

It might be a nice car, but don't let them screw you over!

have you signed the papers yet??

if not then go with the flow and go and pick it up and just as you are meant to sign the papers 'say fook it'

and walk away,citing the reasons you have given on your 1st post.

then there be stuck with trying to get rid of the thing.

plenty others around,and other dealers who will be more willing in helping you as a customer.

Everytime I hear about Evans Halshaw it's bad. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I would like to offer a positive to Evans Halshaw...

Years ago (4 or 5?) I bought from there bexley branch my 54 plate Fiesta Finesse. I have to say that they were positive, honest, and the transaction was as smooth as it could be. I never had any problems in the sales process, they bought my old N reg Citroen AX for £1 (didnt bother me what they did with it after that!) and I bought a 3 year old Fiesta with 9k on the clock (bottom spec albeit) for £4.5k. I never had any issue in the process at all.

I can only assume that their processes have disintegrated since then as I have never heard so many negatives, but it would be interesting if anyone can offer any point of view on Evans bexley as a comparison...