Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round Thing On Dashboard???

scotthunter

Can anyone tell me what the small round thing on the dashboard of my car is? It's a bit annoying as it reflects on the windscreen.

It looks like a small dome, about half an inch in diameter, in the middle near the back.

Is it maybe a screw cover or where the reciever for sat nav is housed?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of the wrong thing.

Picture? It might be the ambience sensor for the auto headlights

If its the small dome in front of the windscreen air vent it's to do with the climate control

It's the sun loading sensor for automatic climate control.

It looks like a marble cut in half and is situated right at the back of the dashboard directly beneath the windscreen. My car doesn't have SatNav but it has the standard Fiesta Metal equipment including climate control and extras inc. Sony DAB and Push Button Start.

Perhaps another Metal owner could shed some light on this?

It is as stoney says there was a big thread not too long ago about the exact same thing I just couldnt think what we figured out it was haha

It is definitely the solar sensor for Climate Control. Many fords have/had them....

Jim

It is definitely the solar sensor for Climate Control. Many fords have/had them....

Jim

Oh, what does that do? It sounds a bit complicated. What's wrong with the old fashioned hot/cold dial?

IIRC it detects if the sun is shining and if so enhances the aircon cooling to counteract the 'greenhouse effect' heating the car.

Jim

IIRC it detects if the sun is shining and if so enhances the aircon cooling to counteract the 'greenhouse effect' heating the car.

Jim

So do you need to press the Auto button for it to work? Still haven't figured out how it all works. Would be nice if the A/C turned itself off once the cabin cools to a certain temperature.

Don't know about the fiesta but on the Mondeo the handbook recommends leaving the Climate Control in Auto all the time. It will switch itself on and off as needed...

Jim

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club