Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck Caliper Causing Low Speed Squeaks

Maffoo

Hey all, (long time no see!)

I took my baby Mk 7 in for his first service today, and just got a call saying that there's nothing majorly wrong and I don't need to pay anything (phew!) extra.

For the last few months I've noticed a low speed squeak, and since I commute more in rush hour traffic I notice it much more often now. The guys at the garage say that my front right caliper is sticking slightly. Conveniently the tread on that tyre is wearing and needs replacing too, eventually.

Is there another way to 'unstick' a caliper? The guy from Halfords says that I'd have to have the pads and something else (can't remember) replaced which would be just shy of £200. The squeak is annoying, but not £200 annoying.

Cheers :)

It could be the piston sticking in the caliper, it could be en evenly worn discs and/or pads, you will at least have to tear it down and clean it that might just about do it otherwise it is going to be ££ because you wouldn't change the disc and pads on one side only, the same you wouldn't change 1 spring at a time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club