Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing From Normal Wheels To Alloy Wheels!!

Dalebhoy1888

Hi everyone,

As I am not very good with cars I have a few questions about the alloy wheels shown in the link below that I want to purchase!

Alloys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-New-Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-17-5-spoke-Alloy-Wheels-08-onwards-MK7-FROZEN-WHITE-/400347303020?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d368f0c6c

Questions:

1) As i only have standard 15 inch wheels on my ford fiesta Syle 1.25 the now and want to change to these alloys which are 17 inch wheels is this possible and does it throw your speedo etc?

2) As I am only 19 years old if I had to get these new alloys would it make a huge change to the price of my insurance?

3) I also like the look of them in black but cant find a place to buy them from does anyone know of anywhere?

I look forward to hearing from yous soon. Thanks! :iim:

1) as long as the overall diameter of the wheel is the same, then it will not affect the speedo. i.e. if you have 15" wheels with a 65mm height, and then replace them with 17" wheels and the same tyre, this will throw you out, so you have to ensure you buy the appropriate tyre profile that fits the diameter

2) this will affect your insurance, and being young, it will probably tack a few hundred onto your policy.

3) You dont need to buy them black, if your serious, you can buy them silver and then powder coat them for a few quid.

just make sure that the stud count and offset are all the same for your car.

1) as long as the overall diameter of the wheel is the same, then it will not affect the speedo. i.e. if you have 15" wheels with a 65mm height, and then replace them with 17" wheels and the same tyre, this will throw you out, so you have to ensure you buy the appropriate tyre profile that fits the diameter

2) this will affect your insurance, and being young, it will probably tack a few hundred onto your policy.

3) You dont need to buy them black, if your serious, you can buy them silver and then powder coat them for a few quid.

just make sure that the stud count and offset are all the same for your car.

Thanks for your reply :).

Do you know roughly how much they will cost to get powder coated and where abouts I can get them done?

And also I know that these alloys are the same stud count but how do I check the offset?lol

Cheers

locally there are places that will do them for around the £120 mark, but I dont know locally to yourself, look at alloy refurbs in your local area for more of a clue. :)

You would also need to get wheel nuts for alloys.

Steel nuts on an alloy wheel have a reaction to each other which will weld the nuts to the wheels.

Follow this link,it will tell you what size tyre you will need on your 17" tomatch your 15" plus tyre to keepit within tolerance otherwise you will need to ge the speedo re-calibrated.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

Ok I will do, thanks a lot! :)

You would also need to get wheel nuts for alloys.

Steel nuts on an alloy wheel have a reaction to each other which will weld the nuts to the wheels.

The ones I am getting come with wheel nuts but thanks for keeping me right haha. ;)

locally there are places that will do them for around the £120 mark, but I dont know locally to yourself, look at alloy refurbs in your local area for more of a clue. :)

Ok I will do but at east that gives me a rough idea, thanks. :)

Hi everyone,

As I am not very good with cars I have a few questions about the alloy wheels shown in the link below that I want to purchase!

Alloys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-New-Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-17-5-spoke-Alloy-Wheels-08-onwards-MK7-FROZEN-WHITE-/400347303020?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d368f0c6c

Questions:

1) As i only have standard 15 inch wheels on my ford fiesta Syle 1.25 the now and want to change to these alloys which are 17 inch wheels is this possible and does it throw your speedo etc?

2) As I am only 19 years old if I had to get these new alloys would it make a huge change to the price of my insurance?

3) I also like the look of them in black but cant find a place to buy them from does anyone know of anywhere?

I look forward to hearing from yous soon. Thanks! :iim:

Hi,

If you have any problems with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.