Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transponder Coding/ Programming

conoflex

I have a spare key that has the transponder and circuit board that working, the key however is not for my car but I have a spare key for my car with no fob.

So my question will I be able to program transponder to my spare key and use it to start the engine etc.

only if the single non fob key is master but you might have to get the key wiped and reprogrammed to sync to your car.you be able to get central locking working but not transponder to start car

Ok thanks, So that would be Ford's to wipe it and sync it with my car.

If I'm reading it right, you have two keys that will start your car, one remote and one none remote, and a second remote from a different car.

If that's correct, it is possible for you to have a new blade cut for the second remote, then if the transponder chip in the second remote is the correct type it is possible to programme it yourself using the two keys you already have.

Take all three keys to the car, using the two keys that start the car insert the first one and turn to position 2 and back off, repeat with the other working key, then take the key with the new blade, and turn that to position 2, wait at least 5 seconds and then turn it back off.

Let the system reset itself, usually a minute or so, then try the new key again, if it works all well and good, if not then the other option is to remove the transponder chip from the none remote key and put it into the new remote key

Nope :( , I have one key that will start the car with transponder etc.(pic1) post-44298-0-19888800-1371557946.jpg

and a key like this that will open the doors etc BUT NO fob for it.(pic2) post-44298-0-74436200-1371557993.jpg

Then I have a just a fob from another car that is complete wiyh transponder etc., I want know if I can put it in key 2 (pic2) and program it to get it to start the car ?

Hope that's a bit clearer :unsure: :D

pic to connects onto pic1 but the chip is in the fob part not the blade part :unsure:

The key blade horseshoe will just clip onto the second fob if the fob is the same type.

All the transponder and locking circuits are in the fob.

If you only have one fob programmed to your immobiliser then the other fob needs to be programmed by an Auto Locksmith.

Ford would charge you loads plus an hours labour and insist on a diagnostic too for something that takes 30 seconds.

If you only have one fob programmed to your immobiliser then the other fob needs to be programmed by an Auto Locksmith.

Ford would charge you loads plus an hours labour and insist on a diagnostic too for something that takes 30 seconds.

That's what I was trying to get at just one key/fob programmed to my car, but second one (fob) that needs programming the horseshoe blade is for this fob.

So got find a local locksmith that can re-program my second fob ? any idea on costs of this ballpark figure.

If you went to Ford they would insist on a new keu and with all the extras they pile on you'd be looking over £200 easily.

An auto locksmith should be far cheaper, as you have a blade that fits and only need the fob coding I wouldn't reckon more than £50.

It's best to ring two or three for a quote.

If you went to Ford they would insist on a new keu and with all the extras they pile on you'd be looking over £200 easily.

An auto locksmith should be far cheaper, as you have a blade that fits and only need the fob coding I wouldn't reckon more than £50.

It's best to ring two or three for a quote.

Ok, thank you for the replies.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club