Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Worst Roads/stretches Of Road

DanGersFord

Personally having stayed in scotland and england and travelled the length and breadth of the country I have to say the worst stretch of road I've come across is a slip road coming off the Meir roundabout in Stoke-on-Trent going onto the A50 towards the Britannia Stadium. Anyone who knows the A50 at this section will know a tunnel passes under Meir and the slip road literally joins right at the end of the tunnel. Its a very short sliproad anyway and its made even worse by the fact that a wall runs right the way down it until practically the very bottom. Id go as far to say its the worst slip road in britain lol

Any type of road whats the worst you've come across?

The B8024, a single track road in Scotland near Lochgilphead which runs to Kilberry is a terrible road with lots of potholes to contend with. The junction to Ellary, is the same.

Theres a lot of bad roads especially the single track roads theres a hill road that goes between greenock and port Glasgow one sides a drop the other side is raised ground and the road is crumbling/full of potholes. The first time I went down it (thanks satnav) it was the middle of winter and the road was covered with snow was dreading checking my van when I finally got to the end of the road after crawling the whole way aha

I need the satnav for work realy I have good map skills also but the satnav is alot quicker and generally better at finding the quickest route which when you've got 12 jobs and not enough time to do them is very handy lol

Any road in West Yorkshire, particularly in Halifax,they are full of holes and the most uneven I have come across anywhere.

A38 from Exeter to Cornwall, terrible dark twisty road.

Also the A30 from Exeter, right across the north part of Dartmoor, catches the wind and bad weather domething rotten.

Basicslly anywhere south west of Exeter really.

All kents roads are miserable! so many potholes that dont get filled in, and rather than doing a job properly (i.e. a proper resurfacing) Kent County Council tend to opt for sticking a new layer of tarmac over the existing road surface... that tends to last only 6 months to a year before the underlying potholes return!!!

Six months?

Luxury!

Our potholes return after six days.

Theres a lot of bad roads especially the single track roads theres a hill road that goes between greenock and port Glasgow one sides a drop the other side is raised ground and the road is crumbling/full of potholes. The first time I went down it (thanks satnav) it was the middle of winter and the road was covered with snow was dreading checking my van when I finally got to the end of the road after crawling the whole way aha

Are you sure that's not just to do with the area?

I'm pretty sure most things in Port Glasgow/Greenock are crumbling haha :P

I think 9/10 roads where I live have at least two potholes or badly repaired areas... ie concrete or drains that are raised out of the road so they give your car a lovely jolt as you go over it :')

As for fixing potholes here... they just fill it in. Takes them about 6 months to resurface the road haha, obviously the 'repairs' don't last long :p

lol, to be fair, these roads are like 20mph max roads, thats why they last so long!

Are you sure that's not just to do with the area? I'm pretty sure most things in Port Glasgow/Greenock are crumbling haha :PI think 9/10 roads where I live have at least two potholes or badly repaired areas... ie concrete or drains that are raised out of the road so they give your car a lovely jolt as you go over it :') As for fixing potholes here... they just fill it in. Takes them about 6 months to resurface the road haha, obviously the 'repairs' don't last long :p

Have you been to greenock/port Glasgow before? Lol they aren't too bad generally to be fair theres a few roads round there but id say the majority are pretty decent :)

Yea I have family there haha, not been in a while so not too sure of the roads but the buildings were falling apart! :L

They've knocked most of them down now lol they're in the middle of building a load of New houses round there. If your ever up this way nip in and say hi! Lol I dont stay far from greenock

A38 from Exeter to Cornwall, terrible dark twisty road.

Also the A30 from Exeter, right across the north part of Dartmoor, catches the wind and bad weather domething rotten.

Basicslly anywhere south west of Exeter really.

I love the A38 heading to Plymouth and the A380 heading towards Torquay, it's pretty fun with all the twist and hard corners when i get out of london and hit these roads my spidey senses tingle, the torque of the diesel on those hills... amazing watching petrol power slipping away into the darkness of the diesel soot, something about this excites me.

My input on the worse word has to be the A303. Disturbing love hate relationship of the A303, Good fun or really annoying if trapped behind a lorry, suddenly everything gets crap, the speed camera's the speed limits, uneven road surfaces, potholes that appear out of nowhere.

I will never forget the bank holiday weekend, bank holiday friday and monday, stop and go traffic all the way from london to somerset, took me 11 hours to reach devon! What a nightmare weekend!!

Shows how long it's been since I've been there lol where abouts do you live round there?

Not sure when I'll next be up if ever but I'll let you know if I ever return lol

• Like 1

Shows how long it's been since I've been there lol where abouts do you live round there?Not sure when I'll next be up if ever but I'll let you know if I ever return lol

I stay in ardrossan its about half an hour down the coast from there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club