Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Zetec S 1.0 Help?

Jack Davies

Hi guys newbie here,

thinking about buying a new zetec s in white 1.0 version 125ps.

was just wodering how long the deliveries are taking bevause i know some people were having some long waits?

cheers.

Times have been discussed multiple times on the forum (its always advisable to do a quick search on the forum before posting in case its been answered before!)

Depending on what your dealer has quoted, I would personally say double it. There have been previous issues at factories, and some orders have been backlogged so they dont get round to them as quicly as they would like.

If you double it, then you can at least prepare yourself for any delay that may come...

Sorry mate I know for next time!

Hmm debating wether to get the pre facelift titanium with the dress up kit then can get one of those a lot quicker and cheaper also the insurance is ok for my age.

Thanks guys

No Problem, Sometimes the forums can be quiet, and you may wait anything from a few hours to a few days, and if you need an answer quickly, a tap in the search box can save you the waiting time :)

You definitely get some good deals on the old boys now, and if you get more for your money its worth considering! Just bear in mind, they will be classed as modifications, as there are no more MK2.5's rolling off the line, so any additions made for your registration and with any bits of fluff and frills, are all to be deemed as modifications on your insurance policy.

So if I buy the titanium with the dress up kit already added I will have to inform my insurance? Not looking for major mods just basics like wind deflectors, gel badges an maybe powder coat the wheels black.

If the car left the factory doors with the skirts on, its standard spec. However if you buy a titanium without, and ask the dealer to fit them for you, because it didnt leave the factory wearing them, it is deemed a modification :)

The wind deflectors wont likely add anything to your insurance, the overlays shouldnt either, but the power coats probably will... Its all down to which insurer you use. Installing LED footwell lighting, and changing the bulbs to LED's comes into the catagory of "Sport Lighting" under admiral for some reason, but other insurers wont care.

Yeah mate the dress up kit is already on the car so I should be fine! Thanks for the help pretty clueless on stuff like this just want a zs but because if my age they won't even quote me so this looks like the best option. Thanks for the help much appreciated.

No problem fella just get the dealer to put in writing it is factory spec if the insurance argue the toss you have written proof.