Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love My New Focus

Minke

Hello all. This is the first ford I've owned since my embarrassing Sierra sapphire 1.8 with a bunch of cosworth parts added.

I wanted the 1.6 tdci to save on running costs, but couldn't stretch the budget to the satnav version though. One issue I was wondering over, was actually audio related. I'm using my iPhone with bluetooth to play my music and sat nav directions. Is it possible to have constant audio from a source such as cd and have any necessary satnav directions cut in, such as with traffic reports. My phone can't handle it, was hoping the car could?

Not had the time to look into footwell lights yet, looking at some threads and checking out if its feasible on my car.

post-44516-0-41667000-1371591046_thumb.j

Welcome to the club!

I dont believe there is an interrupt facility unfortunately, you need to have the directions coming through from the iPhone on the same channel as the music (i.e. AUX / Bluetooth) then the directions from.

I have a budget Android smartphone (well two, Galaxy Y and LG E400), both run NavFree andCoPilot SatNav. I tend to have it streaming over bluetooth to the aftermarket stereo. When the SatNav talks, the music dips down, and then goes back to volume after. Maybe its an iPhone limitation...?

Using Navfree on my iPhone too, maybe using the cable might work. The contract is up so i'll see what the S4 can do.

I have an iPhone and stream music from Spotify via bluetooth while running either Navfree or now Waze... both dim the music slightly to deliver their instructions.

Thanks for the advice folks. I just had another key coded and had the battery changed in my fob, the dealer seems to have disabled the stop/start feature which is annoying. When I first got the car, I had to go through the menu to turn it on. If I recall I took the menu branch from the fuel consumption and turned it on, now the option isn't there. I'm now stuck with no start stop feature. The button on the lower centre console doesn't help. Not sure what to do.

Oo, that's an interesting one... I can't remember there being a menu option to turn Start/Stop off, only the button below the temperature controls. I'll check for you in the morning if I remember.

Though thinking about it, did you run the air con today? My car will not shut off if the air con is running - there are strict parameters as to when Start/Stop will operate, such as if the external or internal temperature is too low or to high so that optimum interior temperature can be maintained. There are also parameters surrounding the charge in the battery etc

Well I know I turned it on when I first got it from the drivers screen, navigating from fuel consumption to the eco screen let me turn it on. The eco now screen just gives me advice and my driving 'scores' and no options. I was wondering if it was never activated and turning it on is a one shot deal that should be done when its new. Going to try turning on and off the air con dials, not sure if voice commands have been used and maybe that caused it.

By the way my scores are -

gear changes 1/5

Anticipation 4/5

speed 4/5

Time to get to grips with the gearbox I think.

I've had a look on mine as promised and there is no menu option for start/stop, only the button on the dash. You also can't use the voice commands to activate/deactivate either... just the good old fashion button!

I find the Ecomode pretty ridiculus... even booting it for 50 miles driving like an absolute loon, braking late and holding the gears, it still gives me 4-5/5 for everything. If the MPG is down in the 40's it still says 'Very good eco-driver', getting that to 50 turns it to 'Eco Champion'... waste of time IMO :P

Sounds like the dealer has done some sort of ECU update, and its removed the option. Best and cheapest bet is to follow the ELM 327 guide in the focus guides section, build one and try enable the features yourself. Best bet, you cost yourself less than £20 and can enable whatever you like when you like, worst case, you have to go back to the dealer and argue and spend weeks fighting...

Hi, I've never know a 'feature' to disable permanently the start/stop in any Mk3 Foci. If there was then I am sure all of us over at talkford who haven't yet 'discovered' this would be very interested....

it could be its been disabled in the Gem? or if the instrument cluster holds any part in the SnG cycle then it may be that a cluster update has disabled it...

Hi, perhaps the once on always on feature is part of the PDI then...

I would say it's more than lightly battery condition that is stopping it working

battery checked and is fine. When I first went exploring through the screen options, it showed ecomode with a box which I ticked (just like turning traction control on/off etc). At the dealer, nothing was mentioned about an ECU update, just had a second key coded and the battery replaced in my main fob, that's all I took it in for. The green A with a circle light up on ignition as normal, but nothing is happening. I'll give them a call and see if they have tinkered with anything, the car was in their possession for 1hr 40 mins, so they couldn't have done too much.

Hi, mine hasn't worked for a while now, it gradually started to reduce on the number of times it functioned until it stopped altogether. The service is due in sept so I'll get the dealership to look at it then, along with the flickering drl's when on sidelights, common problem.

My start stop function works absolutely fine and now covered 12k