Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Trouble

stokerfatlad

hi all

iam a newbie i have been a member about 5 months and i have a 2 litre desiel , i am hoping someone can give my good advise on my boot lock i have replaced the lock and had the catch micro switch checked the rear fuse No 5 and still cant get the boot lock to work iam at a loss to where to go now as anybody had this problem?

check for broken wires in the rear door gaiters.

Also check that there is no water in the switch area underneath the rubber cover.

hi guys

thanks for your ideas i have checked them out but still no joy got any more thoughts

cheers

dave

when you try to open it, do you feel the switch click? do you hear any noise?

are you able to force it open from the inside (I believe there is a handle in the boot somewhere?

hi there is no noise from the switch but you can feel it and i did remove it and checked the switch was letting currant past when operated and it did, there was no handle on the inside but i have fitted a cable to the catch so for te monment i can open it from inside.thank you for your thoughts cheers dave

In that case, it might be a catch issue.

Are you able to force the boot open (not sure if the SMAX has an inside handle for emergency release?)

hi the catch is working ok and the s-max has,nt got a handle inside the boot but i agree they should have one

i have decided to try a new micro swicth on the handle as mine may not give the correct volts i let you no how i get on it may take a week as iam in germany for a week

cheers

dave

Enjoy your week away Dave, looking forward to a resolution! :)

• 2 months later...

hi all just a quick update

i checked all wires coming from car to tailgate and couldnt a broken

i took it to a friends garage and he could not find the fault he rang and autoelectriction

he know they changed the boot catch and electric motor and match it up with software and now it works at a cost of £200 all in

• 2 weeks later...

How did they get the boot open, given that it was locked shut?