Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal Broken Into & Stolen From

lyonsb123

Hi all,

http://hostr.co/CK0ZwnhnLc6o

http://hostr.co/BlRalDizQWfo

http://hostr.co/7NrYaorwdtPB

For the second time, in as many years, I post after my car
being the target of thieves (http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31477-fiesta-metal-stolen/)

This time, my car was broken into, with most easy things of value being stolen (wheels, stereo,

various trim parts, grille etc.)

The worrying part was how easily they got access to the car. We’ve got CCTV of the incident
(which I’m not too keen posting publically here, but may provide privately to
anyone interested), which shows that they gained access within 35 seconds, via
the driver’s side door handle/lock. As shown in the pictures, the damage to the
lock seems relatively minor by what I was expecting it would take to break into
a modern car.

It has a Cobra 2-1 alarm, which was shown to dis-activate
when the doors were unlocked (single hazard light flash on CCTV). Also worrying
was that at one point the full-beam headlights were turned on – this only being
possible with the ignition also being on, as far as I know. The car doesn’t
have keyless entry/start by request, due to the previous theft incident; therefore
the question of how this was possible
is a puzzling one for me. I believe the only reason they didn’t drive away is
because of the disk-lok steering wheel immobiliser.

I’ve spoken to Ford’s directly, who have clearly stated that
“they have no reports of similar incidents, and so cannot comment”, and are not
willing to view either the video evidence, or imaging (I’ve since provided all
to police and insurance company to hopefully pursue with Ford).

I’m just a bit baffled as to how this could have occurred,
and what I can do to prevent it next time – bearing in mind after the last
incident I purchased an alarm and tracking system for the car, expecting for it to be safe.

Has anyone any thoughts?

Sit hidden every night with a baseball bat and whenever someone gets too near your car run out and attack them! Lol only joking sorry to hear you've been broken into again. Its a really hard call id maybe ask for advice from the police as to how you can go about preventing it happening again. The problem is the people who do this arent stupid and there isnt as far as I know a security system for cars that cant be got around short of paying someone to sit and physically watch your car 24/7 :/ even being parked in a garage doesnt guarantee it wont be broken into anymore

• Like 1

Jeez Louise! again, it is ridiculous, and I seriously sympathize with you fella. I would be interested if you would share the CCTV footage, but I am shocked still!

So whats the general feedback from the police and the insurers at this time? I suppose this has put you off another metal in the event of a payout?

It sounds like they have studied your car and somehow got the right code for your immobiliser, but how they have managed that is surprising, I would be more concerned they have somehow handled your keys, cloned the chip and used it?

I had the first service completed around a month ago, and so the Police are looking into the Ford garage who completed this, as a matter of enquiry.

I'll be interested to hear the reply from my insurance company after they review the footage/images. I received a call today from the engineering team who are assessing the damage, who are as shocked as me at how little damage there is to the lock -- they cannot see how they unlocked the car. I'm sure the actual insurers will have some further questions to ask Ford on this as well.

I'm not too sure about Ford in general -- my contract for the car expires in December, so I'm not too sure what I am going to do yet. I absolutely love the car, and from looking at other manufacturers, the value for money is incredible and so any other car for the equivalent price would likely be a step down, which would be disappointing. I don't think it will be beyond economical repair, so they will likely repair it, but I'm going to have to do a lot more work in the coming weeks to figure out how to (hopefully) secure the car further as soon as it is handed over.

The Police and Insurance company have received the CCTV footage and imagery today, so hopefully I should have some feedback by next week.

Once I cut the footage down to a good size, I'll PM you with a link -- although it isn't of brilliant quality, it still clearly shows the incident.

That is outrageous.

Feel for you totally.

Thieving scum make my blood boil.

• Like 1

Well looking at Ford is a good place to start, you would truely hope it wasnt to do with them, but anything is possible in this day in age, if they have one bad egg..

As for the footage, I am sure it will make for shocking viewing at least, but I hope that they do offer a repair, as to protecting it though, I just dont know what to suggest, a Garage is the best bet, otherwise fitting some sort of power line to the Shell of the car when its parked up might be an alternative answer!!!!