Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decent Wiper Blades

favero

Hi:

Can anyone recommend any good windscreen Wiper Blades (front only) for my 2001 Ford Focus 1.6.

Thanks in advance.

Get onto www.wiperblades.co.uk - use their online comparison thing and get some aeroblades or which ever variety of the flat Wiper Blades.

As your car has the old hook style attachment, you'll be looking at purchasing ones that have an adaptor on them, all this does is sometimes raise the air up by about half an inch. That will be the only difference from stock, however the clean and wipe will be much better for much longer.

• Like 2

Even a cheap set for a tenner off eBay (aero style) can last you the best part of the year and perform excellent, I tend to opt for this as opposed to going to Ford or Halfords to get replacements, you pay a small portion of the cost, and you get the decent performance also.

I'm a bit of a sucker and buy a ford set every year, or when the dot turns yellow. They do have the little Ford logo on them though!

• Like 1

Got any websites or even high street stores

to buy the Ford ones from?

I've used Bosch aero wipers. Can get a set for around £20 or so online. A year/10,000 miles later and all is fine.

If you're asking about the brand/model etc then yes. If you're asking about the size/fitting then I'm afraid I'm not sure. Even if I could remember what size mine are, they might not be the same as we have different model focus's. I get mine from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk so just pop in your reg number and they'll give you the right ones.

Hope this helps :).

had these on my mk1 and they lasted 18 months even through the crap weather no issues with streaks not clearing or splits etc they were extremely good http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-19-Front-Aero-Specific-Fit-Flat-Wiper-Blades-Windscreen-Window-Jointless-/330792845632?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus|Plat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item4d04ca4140

There is no point in buying Ford wipers because they are just re- badged Bosch or Valeo wipers with a sticker on them, i looked on www.wiperblades.co.uk for some Aero's for my little monster and i found that there prices are either bang on or cheaper than the average, i also found that i could get a full set of Valeo's for over £10 less than the equivalent Bosch offerings, and the front wipers on mine believe it or not are original and Valeo's so they have done well to last 9 years (although most in a garage after only doing 25k in those years). Avoid Halfords for wipers they are very expensive.

did someone find a rear aeroblade style wiper for the mk2.5 focus before as the standard rear blade is the old style??

I'm sure they don't exist below a certain size so you won't find one however hard you try.

I think it's nigh on impossible to get an aero blade onto the back of a MK2/2.5 because of the type of mount the arms use.

Probably need a totally different style arm.

• 3 months later...

It will be exactly the same, as it's probably or most certainly using the same motor and arm, I would see no point in putting a smooth one on because the only person who sees the rear wipers are the ones left in the dust. And as for the tutorial I see no reason why any wiper arm assembly from any car wouldn't fit so long as the blade and arm are the same size as the ones coming off, and the fitting hole fits over the spindle, but I wouldn't spend the time doing it.

I see the rear wiper on our car every time I get out of it and walk into the house and when I get back in it as well :) I really like the smooth look of the one I linked to.

There's LOTS of things that others have done to their cars on here that I really wouldn't bother with but that doesn't make them pointless ;)

• Like 1

I see the rear wiper on our car every time I get out of it and walk into the house and when I get back in it as well :) I really like the smooth look of the one I linked to.

There's LOTS of things that others have done to their cars on here that I really wouldn't bother with but that doesn't make them pointless ;)

Doesnt the mk2 focus have a aero cover over the blade arm? One of them could be brought and would probably fit straight on if the arm is of the same size, and I was saying that 'I' 'think' it's pointless in a ain't broke don't fix it kind of way so let's gather up the toys and return them to the pram (-:

• 1 year later...
On 21/06/2013 at 7:37 PM, artscot79 said:

had these on my mk1 and they lasted 18 months even through the crap weather no issues with streaks not clearing or splits etc they were extremely good http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-19-Front-Aero-Specific-Fit-Flat-Wiper-Blades-Windscreen-Window-Jointless-/330792845632?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus|Plat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item4d04ca4140

I admit I don`t actually like E Bay that much, but......
I bought a set of these wipers (E Bay item number 2912 8119 5842) for £4.95 which I`ve just fitted to my Focus. To be frank I`ve no idea how they can make any money selling those for £4.95 (including postage ! ) but they do fit. I haven`t tried them in the wet yet, but I hopefully they`ll be OK.
A few useful points on these wipers "AP Automotive" Hybrid blades. They (correctly) sent one 26" and one 17" for my 2006 Focus. When they arrive they have the H1 adapter fitted, the one to fit the standard hook type wiper arm. This must be pulled off, and you have to pull pretty hard, in an upward direction straight off the wiper, don`t worry, underneath all that plastic is a steel frame and pin so you won`t break it. Then fit the H7 adapter, and this requires a hefty push to get it to fully locate onto the mounting pin and end up flat and parallel with the wiper. Once you`ve done that they went straight on

Note : as of March 2015 they`re now £9.95, still cheap, but not unbelievably so.

I use Michelin stealth and find them far better than the OEM Ford ones.

You may find that the instructions for fitting the wiper arm adaptors are a bit vague, I did for sure.

The adaptor has a cover that needs to be slid across in order to allow the adaptor to sit correctly on the arm then snapped back into place.

• Like 1

Recently fitted the Michelin Stealth wipers to my Focus and pretty much agree with Clive above, they seem to be working well.

See here for some videos on fitting, Focus has PH-3 arms

http://www.michelinwipers.com/uk/stealth-hybrid/installation-tips/install-tips.shtml

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2014 at 4:36 PM, Justin Smith said:
I admit I don`t actually like E Bay that much, but......
I bought a set of some of those cheap wipers (E Bay item number 2912 8119 5842) which I`ve just fitted to my Focus. To be frank I`ve no idea how they can make any money selling those for £4.95 (including postage ! ) but they do fit. I haven`t tried them in the wet yet, but I hopefully they`ll be OK.
A few useful points on these wipers "AP Automotive" Hybrid blades. They (correctly) sent one 26" and one 17" for my 2006 Focus. When they arrive they have the H1 adapter fitted, the one to fit the standard hook type wiper arm. This must be pulled off, and you have to pull pretty hard, in an upward direction straight off the wiper, don`t worry, underneath all that plastic is a steel frame and pin so you won`t break it. Then fit the H7 adapter, and this requires a hefty push to get it to fully locate onto the mounting pin and end up flat and parallel with the wiper. Once you`ve done that they went straight on

I`ve just used my car for the first time in the wet since fitting these unbelievably cheap Wiper Blades and they seem to work fine.

Note : as of March 2015 they`re £9.95 a pair, still cheap, but not unbelievably so.

• 3 weeks later...

Been using the Michelin Stealth wipers for about a month now, and have noticed a witness mark about 6mm wide and say 15mm long, on the windscreen around the point where the smaller wiper reaches the end of it's sweep and changes direction. It's noticeable in the mornings sometimes if the screen has just started to get frost forming.

Can't feel anything there and it looks fine when you clean the screen, tried some more autoglym glass polish on the screen in that area and it went away for a while but it's still showing up.

Anyone got any suggestions? had considered swapping the clip round on the blade to turn it round but decided to swap back to old wipers for now. Forgot to get a photo before I gave the screen a clean today.

need to replace wipers f/ron cmax

Recently fitted the Michelin Stealth wipers to my Focus and pretty much agree with Clive above, they seem to be working well.

See here for some videos on fitting, Focus has PH-3 arms

http://www.michelinwipers.com/uk/stealth-hybrid/installation-tips/install-tips.shtml

cant seem to find prices for the above link

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club