Do Not Sell My Personal Information

best accesories for the new fiesta!

johnnymac16

The guy in the eBay link has had my money since 19 March for purchase of the same bulbs. After 10 days I'm still awaiting despite an email saying they were sent by 1st Class Recorded post on the 19th. I've been trying for 8 days to communicate with him but he's not interested. Thus, PayPal and eBay case opened to recover my monies. From my own experience he's a crook.

The guy in the eBay link has had my money since 19 March for purchase of the same bulbs. After 10 days I'm still awaiting despite an email saying they were sent by 1st Class Recorded post on the 19th. I've been trying for 8 days to communicate with him but he's not interested. Thus, PayPal and eBay case opened to recover my monies. From my own experience he's a crook.

sorry to hear that i got my bulbs within 2 days an so did someone else on here where i got the link from im sure u will sort it.

yeah i got 10 bulbs within 36 hours which is pretty good

I don't know what his problem is as his eBay 'credit' rating appeared excellent. The item hasn't been posted despite his email assurance it went first class recorded on the 19th. And why won't he get in touch if only to say he's made a mistake and he'll either refund or send fresh bulbs out? He completely refuses to communicate which is a pity as he'll get a negative rating from me and have PayPal and eBay bagdering him.

Peter

I have ordered the cable to connect my iPod with my car and I've ordered a non drilling rear parking sensor. I know its a sin but I want to give it a go with that before I fork out £350 on parking sensors. Ordered the car 3 weeks ago and was given by the dealer an estimate of 12 weeks. Cannot wait! Its the black fiesta, 1.4 Auto Titanium. Wish it would just turn up already! :lol:

Hey guys... The broshure and yourselves alike are quoting that an "IPOD cable" needs to be brought specifically for the car? Surely its just an IPOD to USB cable right?

Also, I am going to order the bulbs, but don't know how many I need to change all the white lights to red?

Thanks.

I just got a double ended jack cable £5 from a stall in my local shopping centre for my ipod connection.

Hey guys... The broshure and yourselves alike are quoting that an "IPOD cable" needs to be brought specifically for the car? Surely its just an IPOD to USB cable right?

Also, I am going to order the bulbs, but don't know how many I need to change all the white lights to red?

Thanks.

To have full functionality of the iPod, ie ID3 tags displayed and possibly steering wheel controls, you need both cables connected, ie the USB and the mini jack.

Unless you already have an iPod and have nothing better to do with it than leave it in your car, I would spend the cost of the cable on a USB stick and use that instead of an iPod. It will do everything an iPod will but costs 10 times less and you can leave it plugged into the USB port without fear of someone breaking in and nicking it. A 16GB USB stick which will hold at least 150 albums.

To have full functionality of the iPod, ie ID3 tags displayed and possibly steering wheel controls, you need both cables connected, ie the USB and the mini jack.

Unless you already have an iPod and have nothing better to do with it than leave it in your car, I would spend the cost of the cable on a USB stick and use that instead of an iPod. It will do everything an iPod will but costs 10 times less and you can leave it plugged into the USB port without fear of someone breaking in and nicking it. A 16GB USB stick which will hold at least 150 albums.

Def +1 on this. Even though i brought the cable and leave my 80GB iPod in the car at all times (use my iPhone for music). I wouldnt buy an iPod just to leave in the car if it all can be done as Keith says with a 16GB USB stick!

Def +1 on this. Even though i brought the cable and leave my 80GB iPod in the car at all times (use my iPhone for music). I wouldnt buy an iPod just to leave in the car if it all can be done as Keith says with a 16GB USB stick!

Yep, it does all the features like Shuffle, repeat,scan etc and you can make your own playlists in a new folder and call it whatever you want. The big advantage though is not having to use iTunes to put the music on, god, I hate that program.

Yep, it does all the features like Shuffle, repeat,scan etc and you can make your own playlists in a new folder and call it whatever you want. The big advantage though is not having to use iTunes to put the music on, god, I hate that program.

lol your not showing your age are you :rolleyes::ph34r: im an apple fan boy and have had an iPod from day 0 so i dont really have a problem with it. :P

:unsure: Ok i'm confused. I don't particularly want to leave my iPod in the car, needing it for the gym and train travel. The cable I ordered off eBay has one end that goes in the Aux part of the car (it looks like the end that you put the headphones in) and the other end goes in the iPod. Is that enough? Also will I be able to change the tracks using the toggle thing on my steering wheel? Or is that function only going to work if I had the USB option added?

Ok, so I understand the functionality of both method (either memoryStick or Ipod). I however have an iPhone so its much more effective for me to have the cable. Where can I get it from? How Much?

Also, I want to change the footwell from the white light to the red light like I know some of you have already done. How many bulbs do I need in order to do this? I think its just two but I could be wrong? The bulbs linked in the eBay link are fine right?

Thanks.

Ok, so I understand the functionality of both method (either memoryStick or Ipod). I however have an IPhone so its much more effective for me to have the cable. Where can I get it from? How Much?

Also, I want to change the footwell from the white light to the red light like I know some of you have already done. How many bulbs do I need in order to do this? I think its just two but I could be wrong? The bulbs linked in the ebay link are fine right?

Thanks.

If you want to connect your ipod to the car (and you have the USB port in your car) then you'll need the Ford Y adapter cable. Only the Ford one works as I found out when I bought a BMW Y cable that was longer and bendier than the Ford one but it didn't work. the Ford Y cable is spot on and plays your music, charges your iPod and displays the music data, such as title, artist, track number, etc on the cars matrix display.

I'll let someone else answer the bulb question if that's ok?

:unsure: Ok i'm confused. I don't particularly want to leave my iPod in the car, needing it for the gym and train travel. The cable I ordered off ebay has one end that goes in the Aux part of the car (it looks like the end that you put the headphones in) and the other end goes in the iPod. Is that enough? Also will I be able to change the tracks using the toggle thing on my steering wheel? Or is that function only going to work if I had the USB option added?

This is exactl how I used mine, it does allow volume change on the wheel but not track seletcion, I brought a £29 apple shuffle from Asda added all my itunes tracks to it, and I leave it in the glove box with the cable all attached ready just to be plugged into the aux when I next drive the car, the apple shuffles are clip on too, so I just clip it to the cable meaning I can reach down really easy to press the next track etc. Just remember to switch it off on the ipod when turning the car off, sometimes when I go to work I come out and find its dead as its been playing to itself (no sound obvioulsy as car is off) for 4 hours lol.

Ok, so I understand the functionality of both method (either memoryStick or Ipod). I however have an IPhone so its much more effective for me to have the cable. Where can I get it from? How Much?

Also, I want to change the footwell from the white light to the red light like I know some of you have already done. How many bulbs do I need in order to do this? I think its just two but I could be wrong? The bulbs linked in the ebay link are fine right?

Thanks.

As I said in the other thread, imagine having to plug/unplug the iPhone everytime you got in/out the car, it would drive you mad, well it would me. Just get a USB stick and play music from there and leave your phone in your pocket to connect automatically via bluetooth for any phonecalls you need to make. What could be simpler?

As for the bulbs, you need two 501 bulbs such as these

Don't bother with LED type, they are rubbish.

This is exactl how I used mine, it does allow volume change on the wheel but not track seletcion, I brought a £29 apple shuffle from Asda added all my itunes tracks to it, and I leave it in the glove box with the cable all attached ready just to be plugged into the aux when I next drive the car, the apple shuffles are clip on too, so I just clip it to the cable meaning I can reach down really easy to press the next track etc. Just remember to switch it off on the ipod when turning the car off, sometimes when I go to work I come out and find its dead as its been playing to itself (no sound obvioulsy as car is off) for 4 hours lol.

I don't mind the volume change using the wheel - such a novelty! It will be great to use the iPod in the car without using the dodgy tape connector thing which never works properly. I've got an old iPod I can chuck some tunes on and leave that in the car. Cool, I can do that tonight! Now all I need is the car! Thanks Michelle x

lol your not showing your age are you :rolleyes::ph34r: im an apple fan boy and have had an iPod from day 0 so i dont really have a problem with it. :P

I'm off the age where I think the easiest wasy to do something is the best, the antithesis of iTunes. :lol:

I have an iPod in my car only because I can hide it away from prying eyes and it's the best way to get MP3 info on the Sat Nav screen etc, but god, do I hate iTunes. valoranim01.gif

I'm off the age where I think the easiest wasy to do something is the best, the antithesis of iTunes. :lol:

I have an iPod in my car only because I can hide it away from prying eyes and it's the best way to get MP3 info on the Sat Nav screen etc, but god, do I hate iTunes. valoranim01.gif

lol :lol:

The USB port allows the track changing, name display etc functionality (as it receives DATA from the device).

The aux socket (headphone one) is simply for the music to be transfered. Consuquently it will not allow track chaning or the track name to be displayed.

The volume can be altered from the wheel as it only effects the Speakers, not the device itself!

Totally agree with the other posts. Go get yourself a 16GB usb stick. There is no advantage using an ipod and an overpriced ipod cable.

Further to what someone else on this thread said about the supplier of the 501 bulbs on eBay via the link a couple of people have provided, I've also ordered some and am having trouble with the seller. I ordered them 8 days ago but still haven't received them. I emailed the seller last night and received an email this morning to say he'd look into it. No update since then though.

If/when I should receive them I can update you, if you like? But for now, you might want to proceed with a bit of caution if you should decide to order from him.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club