Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Fitting Mk1 Mudflaps

mrHman

Hey ppl, installed my genuine ford mudflaps today for the rear with no issues. However I need help with the fronts...the metal clips just keep sliding off whenever I fix them on. E.g. if I move the mudflap then it will slide off....not sure if im doing it right.....anyone got any guides or pictures?

bash the clip off the car with a hammer so its a snug fit before tightening the bolt

i tried that but that damned clip just keeps sliding off...Its not like the rear which has more metal on the body to clip onto. It has a really thin (prob 1cm) of metal around the wheel arch for the clip to hold on to.

i had the same issue i had to bend the clip so the two points were almost touching at the front then attatch otherwise it will keep sliding off

Thanks followed ur advice and now it fits properly

took me ages to figure that out the first time round till i realised all the clips were set to the size needed for the rear wheres theres more to grab onto i must have refitted them half a dozen times before realising lol