Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time To Modify.... A Little

I've never done this sort of thing before. So here I am taking a plunge in to modifying my car.

I think I'll try a few easy mods to begin with.

For the moment I'm considering to

1. Fully debadge my car.

2. Wind Deflectors

3. Door Sill plates

4. Better lights? Non HiD

5. Remap for better fuel economy. I won't be doing it this year. Know of any good places around Keighley at a decent price?

6. New Air Filter. Maybe K&N or some other good make.

I'm planning on buying some Climair deflectors. Would dark ones be perfect for my car? Where can I buy them from? A ford dealer?

I won't be lowering it because I go fishing and I sometimes drive on a track and its quite high in places. I'm already scared of grounding it.

What things do you have to declare to your insurance company?

post-44223-0-51037900-1372018661_thumb.j

post-44223-0-16212800-1372018728_thumb.j

post-44223-0-94639500-1372018772_thumb.j

Sounds like your gonna be busy.

One thing id recommend though, dont do the remap until you have finished all the mods you plan to do on and around the engine.

things like the Air filter you plan, and other things like exhaust or decat, intercooler changes, blah blah blah,,,,,, It is better to get all this done first, that way when you go for the remap, all the changes get brought together to give an all round improvement. If you do the remap then alter things afterwards, they will spoil the remap.

p.s. with insurance, technicaly you have to delcare anything that is different to how the car originaly came out of the factory, but obviously things like changing bulbs for brighter road legal ones will probably not be something to worry about. Its up to you what you decide to declare. As your from keighley, i am presuming your unlucky enough to still in a bradford postcode like myself :( . It may be worth looking round different insurers to the standard comparison sites.

Adrian flux and Chris knott are popular with other ford forums.

I've never done this sort of thing before. So here I am taking a plunge in to modifying my car.

1. Fully debadge my car.

2. Wind Deflectors

3. Door Sill plates

5. Remap for better fuel economy. I won't be doing it this year. Know of any good places around Keighley at a decent price?

I'm planning on buying some Climair deflectors. Would dark ones be perfect for my car? Where can I buy them from? A ford dealer?

I won't be lowering it because I go fishing and I sometimes drive on a track and its quite high in places. I'm already scared of grounding it.

1. Just de-badged mine looks tons better, why not consider DMB overlays as well? (Have a look at my gallery photos)

2. Not for me but son loves them on his Clio Sport 197.

3. Try Lockwoods in Leeds, got mine there. They sell on eBay as well usually cheaper than their main site and let you collect in person to save the postage, if you are aroound Leeds one day.

4. Always worth upgrading,still debating best ones myself.

5. Go for Mountune they don't affect your warranty.

6. Used K&N on several cars now andlove them,good for a handful of extra horses too.

Keep us posted howyou get on.

I won't think about the insurance at the moment, I've only just changed it and it went up £70 for this vehicle. Insurance ends on January 3rd so I'll think about it them.

I'll buy the deflectors, but that's all I'm planning on doing at the moment as I'm on sick leave (although I'm suppose to be going back tomorrow, I'll probably have to come home again) so I'm not earning enough money.

I'll keep you posted

just remember to declare you mods ;) otherwise if you have a bump you may not be covered

1. Fully debadge my car.

2. Wind Deflectors

3. Door Sill plates

Just my 2 cents...J1 Automotive Induction Kit, simple to replace the stock air box/filter and sounds AMAZING!!

Here's what it looks like:

J1 Automotive Induction Kit

Sounds like your gonna be busy.

One thing id recommend though, dont do the remap until you have finished all the mods you plan to do on and around the engine.

things like the Air filter you plan, and other things like exhaust or decat, intercooler changes, blah blah blah,,,,,, It is better to get all this done first, that way when you go for the remap, all the changes get brought together to give an all round improvement. If you do the remap then alter things afterwards, they will spoil the remap.

p.s. with insurance, technicaly you have to delcare anything that is different to how the car originaly came out of the factory, but obviously things like changing bulbs for brighter road legal ones will probably not be something to worry about. Its up to you what you decide to declare. As your from keighley, i am presuming your unlucky enough to still in a bradford postcode like myself :( . It may be worth looking round different insurers to the standard comparison sites.

Adrian flux and Chris knott are popular with other ford forums.

To be honest, I wasn't thinking about changing the exhaust or intercooler (if it has one). I'll look into it next year. I just can't do it this year. I really need to save the pennies again since its left a huge hole in my savings :(

Yes I have a Bradford postcode sadly :( Since owning a car, I looked for cheaper every year, but this year I didn't change it as the premium went down instead of up. I can't remember exactly what I paid for, I think it was £477. And its gone up £70 since changing to this car. Looks like I'll be looking for cheaper insurance next year.

I will declare all mods.

mines £610 with mods declared with adrian flux, it was going to be £650 without mods when my renewal was due with esure.

With yours being a diesel, i suggest doing more research with regards the air filter idea. On several other forums i participate in, the general consensus (this is with mondeos bare in mind) is that diesels dont get any improvement with different filters, they usualy recommend to stay with the paper ones and replace them every six months or with the oil change. The only benefit people have found with the different filters such as k &n or pipercross, is the sound, no power gains really.

Unless you get a K&N sticker, this alone has been known to add 50bhp to your car :lol:

There are also similar results with induction kits, they will only make enough difference to warrant getting them if you can heat sheild them sufficiently, but due to the lack of space in modern engine bays, this can be difficult.

Id suggest holding fire with ay modding till your back on your feet and money is a little easier to come by. It can be very addictive once you start.

In regards to insurance whether their original quote was cheaper than what you paid last year or not always get a quote online and knock about £40 off then Phone them up n say this is what ive been quoted can you match it and I guarantee you they will be able to. I was quoted £425 this year with none of my modifications mentioned so I got a quick quote online with all my mods added on which came to £435 so I phoned my insurance and said look ive made some modifications to coincide with my insurance renewal to avoid administration fees and ive had a quote online of £415 can you match it and they said yeah no problem and even chucked in a free hire car and protected no claims. So I basically got my car inaured cheaper with all my mods added to it plus 2 extra benifits for cheaper than they originally quoted me without any mods! Lol I know its only a tenner cheaper but considering all the stuff I actually added on that I didnt have declared before im well chuffed. I was resigned to the fact that I might need to pay abit extra this year. You've got to haggle them down honestly else they'll rob you blind.

mines with esure.

With yours being a diesel, i suggest doing more research with regards the air filter idea. On several other forums i participate in, the general consensus (this is with mondeos bare in mind) is that diesels dont get any improvement with different filters, they usualy recommend to stay with the paper ones and replace them every six months or with the oil change. The only benefit people have found with the different filters such as k &n or pipercross, is the sound, no power gains really.

There are also similar results with induction kits, they will only make enough difference to warrant getting them if you can heat sheild them sufficiently, but due to the lack of space in modern engine bays, this can be difficult.

Id suggest holding fire with ay modding till your back on your feet and money is a little easier to come by. It can be very addictive once you start.

I agree in general with this - K&N panel filters, cone filters and other "performance" filters / intakes CAI(S) (cool air intake (systems)) are much hyped and often offer zero or little power gain, and if it is a cone filter under the bonnet, power loss due to drawing in warm/ hot air, K&Ns can let through fine dust particles that can damage the turbo compressor wheel (ive seen pictures of the leading edge being worn down) cause bore wear and contaminate the engine oil, the oil on K&N filters can contaminate the MAF sensor - stock paper filters are better at filtering out dust and tiny grit particles, and cannot contaminate the MAF

Its a big, complicated subject and ive gathered a lot of data on it, there seems to be a "pro" and "anti" K&N/ aftermarket filter following. . At the moment i run a stock paper filter (with gas-flowed stock airbox with large diameter intake) and change it about every 6 months. but may be doing some of my own research on this in the search for more power/ torque (and am going to go into it with an open mind) - but it looks like any improvement in airflow/ power, is liable to reduce filtering efficiency (potentially allowing fine dust into the engine)

For most cars, replacing the filter for a K&N makes no difference at all, and you only notice a difference because the old, stock paper filter was clogged/ needing changed, and if it makes a bit more noise it seems more powerful (placibo effect)

• Like 1

In regards to insurance whether their original quote was cheaper than what you paid last year or not always get a quote online and knock about £40 off then Phone them up n say this is what ive been quoted can you match it and I guarantee you they will be able to. I was quoted £425 this year with none of my modifications mentioned so I got a quick quote online with all my mods added on which came to £435 so I phoned my insurance and said look ive made some modifications to coincide with my insurance renewal to avoid administration fees and ive had a quote online of £415 can you match it and they said yeah no problem and even chucked in a free hire car and protected no claims. So I basically got my car inaured cheaper with all my mods added to it plus 2 extra benifits for cheaper than they originally quoted me without any mods! Lol I know its only a tenner cheaper but considering all the stuff I actually added on that I didnt have declared before im well chuffed. I was resigned to the fact that I might need to pay abit extra this year. You've got to haggle them down honestly else they'll rob you blind.

Nice one, when i have tried doing the online quote first then ringing up, they say the online quote doesnt take the whole situation into acount and there are some items that are generalised, theythen say they have to ask a few more questions and they give me a higher figure, thats the point i usualy hang up and go elsewhere :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club