Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11 Plate Ford Focus Tdci Sport Dpf/turbo Problems

KLewis86

DarkKnightReturns (member here) is studying commercial law if I am not mistaken....

Is he really maybe he could offer some advice I have to collect car this afternoon so should be interesting.

Thanks James just sent him a message. Shall keep you updated with what Ford say when I collect the Phantom Menace this afternoon.

Hi guys ive got it back and there appears to be more wrong now than when it went in typical wnd as predicted Arthur they say they cant find anything xx

Take it to another Ford Dealer, you may have to pay for diagnostics, but if they give you a report sayings its X,Y or Z then you can take it back to the dealer, get them to refund you the cost of the diagnostic and get them to fix it...

The print offhe gave me came up with a code and says aome fails but he told me to ignore it.

If you have a copy of that report, feel free to share it, we can give you a better review of whether you should or shouldnt ignore it. :)

Thanks guys will do shall scan it and upload it tonight when I get home from work.

Hi All

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner had to go away with work. I had an independent company come look at the vehicle this morning and just wondered if you can shed some light - he said it looks like there is a fuel leak out of the filler cap and that the pipes to the tank were covered in something thick and either dieselly or oily, which he said shouldn't be there.

Would this be DPF?

Thats pretty disgusting that a ford franchised dealer keeps fobbing you over the issues that you are having, you would expect a certain level of decency from them, as they sold you the car and skipped on some important mandatory checks prior to purchase.

I would stick a complaint in to trading standards and watchdog to name and shame them.

Thanks Daniel, I have lodged a complaint with Ford themselves and my finance company are dealing with it now.

wouldnt have thought so, the fluid is clear for the DPF so it sounds more like you have caught oil and /or diesel down there and its just mixed with dirt to form the gunk that they can see.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I can't see anything that a fuel leak out of the filler cap and that the pipes to the tank were covered in something thick and either dieselly or oily would relate to the dpf. If it's a Mk3 then the dpf is maintenance free. It also doesn't have a filler cap...

Hi guys

Still no joy with them. Its the bit you put the pump nozzle into. Xx

how is the complaint via the finance company?

Hi, whilst on holiday in Scotland 250 miles from home my father in laws 1.6 TDCi Focus just come to a standstill with engine management light coming on, we were quickly transported into the nearest Ford dealer in Stranraer where we waited for nearly three hours whilst they looked for the cause, then the service manager approached us with the outcome and the bill but to our surprise he said he couldn't find anything and didn't like to charge us as they'd done nothing but told us to come back to him if we had anymore problem's whilst we were in the area, he told us he's even rang Ford HQ to see if this problem had popped up elsewhere but no solution there. So off we went back to where we were staying and the car ran ok for 20 or so miles and then the same thing happened but this time my father in law decided to wedge open the diesel filler flap to let it breathe, and some 1000 miles later not a problem since. He think's the breather pipe is blocked on the fuel tank but can't locate it so for now he's running around with the filler flap wedged open and guess what his mpg is up by at least 15.... :) :) :)

I hope this may be of help :)