Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Audio Streaming??

Emma727

Hi Guys,

Got a quick question for you,

I've got an Iphone5 and want to use it as a media device, now I currently have the 6000cd head unit and unless I use the aux input I cant use my phone as a media device. My main question is if I upgrade the unit to one of the factory sony models is there any way I can use my phone to stream audio or even plug and charge it at the same time?

My main issue is that my Aux input is in my glovebox and I use my phone as a sat-nav when needed, if I plug the aux in I cant use it as a sat-nav as it physically doesnt reach where I mount the phone as I like to be able to check the map on the sat-nav.

music isn't to much of an issue as i can wack my Ipod through the aux if need be, it would just be nice to have the option of bluetooth audio that sends music/sat-nav directions through the unit as opposed to having to keep the radio turned down so i can hear the sat-nav haha!!

Thanks in advance

Emma

This is the headunit I currently have vvv

post-43178-0-55665800-1372251037_thumb.j

You need to upgrade both the radio (to Sony) and the handsfreekit (to the one with USB/Ipod interface).

Even then the nav voice will only be audible through the radio when the bluetooth source is selected (it will not switch whilst on CD, USB or radio).

I had an idea I'd have to upgrade the handsfree kit, any idea where I can pick one up from?

I dont know what route to go down, wether to stick with oem stuff or do it properly and install an aftermarket unit with built in handsfree mic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club